Home

NeoMarz's Ultimate Clone Pack VM

NeoMarz1

:angel: :angel: :angel: O.k., so its been awhile. Ive been picking around one of my old clone models. I never was totally happy with it when I released it, but now, I think I have made enough improvements over the other to make it my next project. The Body is a total revamp, but I will hold on to the jetpack, kilt, classic helmet. My plan is to make a skin and varient for as many different clones as possible. I will do a all varients for both classic and new clones. Possible varients, clone commando, new commandos, snipers, pilots, engineers, Commanders, different factions .... well you get the idea. This may take awhile, so be patient.

clone12tw.jpg

clone22ho.jpg

clone33jf.jpg

clone49lm.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marz, I was actually going to suggest this seeing as you have made ep2 clones but you've thought ahead lol.

Awesome man, simply amazing, your clones were top quality and I can imagine these will be too.

Good Luck, if you need any help with anything like sounds or reference pictures, I'll be happy to help.

The worst part of your original clone model was the chestplate being a seperately modelled and textured mesh from the rest of the torso. Please resolve that in this release, it will make it much easier to reskin.

Also, the textures on the original were lackluster at best. There was a "grimey" look about them, and they were far too grey. Giving the textures scratches and dirt is always good, but they are at the base white.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Sry had to scream

Thx marz, I was going to ask you too :ears1:

Hope Model will go well before Hap finishs his one xD J/K Haps and IBs Clones will still take while

Good luck, Neomarz

:smash: Well well well, the man that inspired me to mod, join the Dark Forces MOD, skin, and model.

1 request, make the waistcoat a FLAT PLANE, so one can apply an alpha channel shader to it... without it looking hallow...

I'd like to publically announce in this thread that Dark Forces MOD Tesla is making an ARC Trooper specific Model...

Hap-Marz-Tes

Who shall make the better clone...

=/ oh yea, and my helmets visor is recesed ;):smash:

Also, I suppose I could lend a hand shader wise if you need some of that help. Just because we both work towards a goal doesn't mean we can't enjoy each others rewards. I know that your Detail shader you are a bit famous for OVERUSING lags my ATI card to pieces, as Specualar shaders may not have that oh so wonderful chromey sheen, they don't lag me at all.

Out of respect, gratitude and love for your work, I will not post images of my half done model.

<3 :clone:

Instead I show you my reskins sir. May the force be with you.

TormenT

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/jadewolf77/shot0044.jpg

Tesla

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/essobekim/shot0064.jpg

Xirin Kenebra

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/essobekim/shot0058.jpg

Move Battles 2 MOD Build 17 Realistic Colors and Rank ARC Troopers

Dark Horse Comics Default ARC/My interpretation/Basically a redone ARC Trooper you made :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/essobekim/bf2b7166.jpg

Battlefront Blue-Soldier ARC Trooper

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/essobekim/fce276f0.jpg

Battlefront Red-Captain ARC Trooper (A friend gave me the textures so I could get colors, apparantly this one didn't make it to the finished game)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/essobekim/a1610e86.jpg

Interpretation of the once seen ARC Commander, I felt that ARC Troopers have softer colors, the Red is a crimsony shade, the blue is practically asking to be black/gray I thought the yellow would do best as a Maize color

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/essobekim/2d63c56f.jpg

VERY Old, as a matter of fact, one could say I learned everything I know about shaders and skinning from your model.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/essobekim/tesla.jpg

I agree with Lath.

Also double check what happens to models when you use Force Speed. I've seen for example a Fett model that suddenly has a huge "phantom jetpack" (the arc trooper action figure style that looks like a mini-helicopter) on his back... or Yoda who loses his hair, or Vader who loses his mask... all when using Force Speed!

PS: the "central dark line" (for lack of a better term) on the helmet looks too thick (at least to me). On Fett's helmet it's pretty wide, but I'm sure in AOTC it was much thinner and came ot a point, but check some DVD screencaps to be sure.

I agree with Lath.

Also double check what happens to models when you use Force Speed. I've seen for example a Fett model that suddenly has a huge "phantom jetpack" (the arc trooper action figure style that looks like a mini-helicopter) on his back... or Yoda who loses his hair, or Vader who loses his mask... all when using Force Speed!

PS: the "central dark line" (for lack of a better term) on the helmet looks too thick (at least to me). On Fett's helmet it's pretty wide, but I'm sure in AOTC it was much thinner and came ot a point, but check some DVD screencaps to be sure.

The problem was that I decided to ".surf" those extra parts, and that caused problems on the multiplayer side... Well single player too. This wont be an issue for this model, because each model will be a model of its own. Every varient will be imported using its own player folder. This will make everyone happy. I also do plan on using the alpha channel on the Arcs skirt. Right now I have pretty much finished the base skin, so I will try to send these out to Zappa or whomever wishes to add to the pack. I cant promise everyone will be able to help on this, but as I get closer it should be apparent how much help I will need. Yes the model will be weighted for Academy. Thanks for your interest, and everyone shouldnt be too disappointed.

I just finished modeling the head for the Clone Commando, so things are moving along. Marzout!

Mr. Marshall, I don't want to sound like a prat, but if you just change ,clear to ,*off there won't be any problems.

Separate folder Idea is cool, but haveing 40 model.glm files in a pk3 is farfetched >.>

Well there wont be 40 different models. Maybe something like 4 or 5 with the color varients.... well maybe more, but nothing like 40.

I had problems with the *off line, for whatever reason it didnt work for me on either the single or the multiplayer (cant remember)... at any rate I abandoned that for some reason. I may give it a shot again, and see what happens. Marzout

Hey, can I have some sort of IM info so I can contact you about modelling the ARC Trooper gear for you? There are 2 different variants, and 3 with ranks. the head_gogs,*off thing does work BTW. But I think Surf is fine for JK2

I am also willing to weight this, and help you work on your UVW mapping skills *laughs at clonehips texture and how it looks hideous inside the legs*

Hey, can I have some sort of IM info so I can contact you about modelling the ARC Trooper gear for you? There are 2 different variants, and 3 with ranks. the head_gogs,*off thing does work BTW. But I think Surf is fine for JK2

I am also willing to weight this, and help you work on your UVW mapping skills *laughs at clonehips texture and how it looks hideous inside the legs*

I don't know if it's intentional... but you come off as really arrogant; such an attitude won't get you far, as you can see by the lack of replies to all your posts.

NeoMarz - If you are posing the offer, I'd like to help out with the clone's textures. Whichever you want, it's fine with me.

I don't know if it's intentional... but you come off as really arrogant; such an attitude won't get you far, as you can see by the lack of replies to all your posts.

I agree. It is kinda annoying, if he wants your help im sure he will ask. If he doesnt then continue on doing what you do.

Archived