Home

NeoMarz's Ultimate Clone Pack VM

NeoMarz1

No his sending out a wieghted version to the people doing the skins so they can see what they're skinning in ModView.

That is correct!

:angel: UPDATE :angel:

O.k. the MD3 has been sent out to all skinners. Under no circumstance is this to be released to the public! Hope skinners can post some screens for everyone. I am working on the varient pieces now. Marzout!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's too bad I can't work with the clone helmet...

Thanks for the glm =D Torso's should be getting finished soon.

Dont worry Tess! I am working on the Arc varient right now. I'm trying to add a few extra details, so its better than the old one. Hang tight. Marzout!

I await your move, and I need to redo the Torso already, I put the Rank dots on the wrong side of the breastplate, that's alot of selecting I'm going to have to redo...

:EDIT: Torsos fixed, and I don't mind if your torsos are different, I don't mind redoing my stuff to them.

*Melts* My idol called me by my shortname!

Quick preview.

501stwip1.jpg

I am in no need to offend; only to constructively criticize, but I think the trooper looks a bit too... bulky and beefed up around the shoulders, face, and legs. He looks a bit too buff.

They look a bit slimmer here:

swep3_clonetrooper.jpg

Also, be sure to darken the blue for your final version. :)

I'm using Photoshop CS 2 and I think I managed the peeling paint effect by erasing with grundge brushes, but it isn't accurate, if you want to help me maybe you could PM me with a tip or two.

I'm waiting for my ARC stuff, the Torsos and Helms are done unless I can chip some paint off the blue and red one a bit.

Take your paint, copy and paste it as a new layer.

go to your background, color it gray and dodge it to at least 200 200 200 gray

go to new layer and use some grunge brushes you can find on deviantart.com's resources page use them to erase away the color causing a chip effect.

I bet thats how he does it. I tried it on my blue Soldier helm I got a nice effect.

After comparing the shots a bit further, I've noticed that the black area connecting the neck part of the armour to the torso seems a bit larger than it should be; it's smaller in the authentic screenshot of the 501st Trooper.

Compare:

swep3_clonetrooper.jpg

and

501neck6rs.jpg

Perhaps you should consider lessening the black area, or perhaps Neomarz could shrink the size of that on the model itself.

On the other hand, the angle the authentic picture shows the trooper could make that area appear smaller than it actually is, and my critique may be a bit too nit-picky.

Quick preview.

501stwip1.jpg

One little thing... The blue stripe on the chin should be more narrow, and above mouth should taper to the narrow line to chin. Also the stripe should have more arc on the crown... It seems to flatline above the ear... it should follow the curve of the top plate. Hope that makes sense...... well take a look and maybe you can follow me... Marzout

Oh, I just opened up model, are you planning to do the parts list for the RANKED ARC Troopers I am skinning, or are you done with the ARC Trooper Meshes.

And make the boxes on the waistcaot detachable, the ARC Troopers I planned don't use them for accuracy, BUT I'll keep them if your done; as above.

One little thing... The blue stripe on the chin should be more narrow, and above mouth should taper to the narrow line to chin. Also the stripe should have more arc on the crown... It seems to flatline above the ear... it should follow the curve of the top plate. Hope that makes sense...... well take a look and maybe you can follow me... Marzout

I think this picture accurately supports what NeoMarz is critiquing regarding the face.

clone-E3.gif

As it is right now, the head seems a bit flat.

"Tesla"

Can you give me some images of things you want included? What needs to be changed here. Get back to me soon. The pics look pretty good. I hate to say it, but the hands looks small, dont you think. They shouldnt look small, but maybe I need to inlarge them. Marzout

I've stated before, MAKE HAND PLATES Gloves with hand plates will be sooo much better sir.

here is the image of the correct clone again this time I've highlighted the parts

ARCGear.jpg

1. Make the range finder taller - and a second one that flips down in front of the visor (Not necesarry but please make it taller)

2.Commander Bly uses this style of a shoulder pad(Swapping to this shoulder pad will ease wieghting process, and will cause less deformation issues.)

3.The ammo pack should be made like the one in the image, your ammo strap isn't accurate for these variants.

4. Gun is optional(mirror to other side)

5.The Gun holsters should be added(mirror to other side)

6.The straps here should be tiny little models (Or I could texture them on for ease on the wieghting process)

I'm willing to model these for you.

Things wrong with the model you sent me.

Left foot's normals were facing in wrong direction, the foots textures draw inside the foot not outside

I can't seem to *off the jetb in game... or in MOD View.

Also I want to mention I've been sittin here all day I've now refreshed this page for like the 300th time, busy little eager beaver arn't I :D

Archived