Home

NeoMarz's Ultimate Clone Pack VM

NeoMarz1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plasma, I might consider that pilot, keep working on it. I looks pretty good, Is that head fully modeled? put up a 3/4 view so I can see what you got.

Nope it's skinned onto the Tie Pilot that's why the mouth its a bit messed up but you only notice when you look really close you can't tell ingame. I'll keep working on it when I get home then.

Everyone! I'm concerned here. The file will be really huge, I'm not sure what the file capacity is over at JK2.files.

My suggestion is to break the pack up into three parts:

- "Clone Ultima: Episode II"

- "Clone Ultima: Episode III"

- "Clone Ultima: Republic Commando"

By giving them their own seperate files, it allows for more expandability, without cluttering. This would also allow you to create all 4-5 Republic Commando variants.

So basically the title implies "Ulitmate Clones ... from said Episode". This would, in my opinion be far more feasable and reduce the file sizes.

Thanks for doing the Airborne Trooper, I'm forever in your debt. What did the purple guy need special?

I applied the split inthe skirt only on the ARC Commander *B* out of Shader file size concern.

Marz to remove filesize on the ARC packs merge them so there are no texture redundancies *keep separate folders for icons skins and model.glm*

Hey I just wanted to throw this out there if anyone is interested on some good information about the clones in star wars. Star Wars En Direct, a Star Wars Talk Show had a show about The Grand Army of the Republic last night. Which you can download it here: http://www.swendirect.com/archives/swd66e.zip Also next weeks episode is about the clone wars. They do the show live on Tuesdays at 7PM EST and can download the episode the next day. It is a very good listen!

My suggestion is to break the pack up into three parts:

- "Clone Ultima: Episode II"

- "Clone Ultima: Episode III"

- "Clone Ultima: Republic Commando"

By giving them their own seperate files, it allows for more expandability, without cluttering. This would also allow you to create all 4-5 Republic Commando variants.

So basically the title implies "Ulitmate Clones ... from said Episode". This would, in my opinion be far more feasable and reduce the file sizes.

yeah and it would also be good for people with dial-up

also these clones look great

Perhaps you can run the clones into the custom model selection bit, instead of the standard menu. So then people can just run along and select the clone they want in there, at least varients. Standard clones can just go in the standard player select menu.

This way people will be more accepting of the pack and not worry about it over-writing their other skins/models they've downloaded.

Perhaps you can run it into the custom model selection bit, instead of the standard menu. So then people can just run along and select the clone they want in there, at least varients. Standard clones can just go in the standard player select menu.

Some stuff is good for that custom model thing, but when you actually have to use them as npcs, its better the plain ole way I think. Thats my feelings toward that, maybe its just me. Oh well. :)

Replying to Tesla's reply, which was replying to my reply about the ARC Trooper with pants!

I knew it was you because there was a file named Tesla/solomander something. It hink that's how I found out... No, wait, I actually figured it out before I saw that file... Maybe it was the ARC Trooper picture you put up. Reminded me of the skin I use for my RP character. Please reskin it!

K I've nearly finished skinning the armour on the clone pilot (Just gotta add the scratches and dirt..) but I've got to doing the actual clothing and I just can't seem to find a right way of skinning.

oddball.jpg

This is the reference I'm using and if someone could post up a tutorial on how to skin the grey clothing and how to do the creases in the picture I'd be very grateful.

Oh I'm using Photoshop btw incase it matters...

start with a flat color, do a low contrast * I mean really low * render->fibers, then dodge and burn.

Dodge the bumbs, burn the shadows on lightly and smoothly. Tough but i bet that's how. then put another layer on that, fill with black set blending option opacity at like... 40-60 percent, then apply texturizer texture.

Bacaras waistcaot is maroon, Marz got the colors wrong, and he is fine.

Archived