Home

NeoMarz's Ultimate Clone Pack VM

NeoMarz1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's becoming rather annoying that whilst I'm here using every spare moment I have to make these textures, atleast once per page a random person comes on and proclaims "omg i can skin too, lyk real good LOLOLOL! marz can i plz do this trooper dat u forgot, to add 2 da allredy crowded sknpack lol?"

I personally see it as a sign of disrespect for the project... as they obviously haven't been following the project, nor taken the time to read atleast the first page or two, to see how it all started... (INCLUDING the conditions of "entry").

We all know there are going to be all sorts of new random reskins (ie, recolors or flat patterns) floating all over PCGM and JK2Files after this release.... does it really matter if you can't join now?

You can do whatever the hell you want to these skins once they are out, so for now... give us (the people working on this project - Marz, Cuillere, Telsa, Zappa, Marcus and myself) enough space to just get this done.

I know you're excited about it's release, but try to see it from our point of view; - It's extremely annoying.

:angel: :angel: :angel: New Project Policy :angel: :angel: :angel:

I hate to do this to those of you wishing to get in on the project, We are approaching the end. I have two varients left. Please no more requests, You have no idea how much file material were dealing with here. I dont have enough time or energy to keep this going much longer. I actually fell asleep at the key board working on the latest varient! Ruku is right, we need to focus on the end of the project at this point. You will all have your chance to skin this model after release. Thanks for all the support. You will not be disappointed of this release. I am shooting for a release date of a week from today (say december 14), So Ruku you need to start wrapping up whatever is you have left... Of course still maintaining the great detail youve done up to this point :) ........well that's how its done in the real gaming business, right? Honestly everyone has done a great job. I'll keep watching the post here, and drop a note every once in awhile. Marz out

I can't guarantee I'll be completely wrapped up in a week's time Marz... and I'm not going to change my methods for a "release date". Also at this point, I think it's irrelevant as how things are done in "the real gaming business", because this isn't "the business" - This is for fun, a hobby... and if per chance this starts to feel more like a job than a hobby, with "deadlines" and whatnot (bear in mind that people have been waiting for more than 7 months for Hapslash's Anakin.. and they still have no desire to "hurry"), well then I can't guarantee my participation in this project any further.

This is not a "I'm pulling out! WAAHH" message, I'm simply saying that given my priorities and agenda (you aren't the only one falling asleep at the keyboard on this project ;)) I can't guarantee I'll meet your optimistic release date.

My suggestion is a (more appropriate to the season) release date of December 24/25th. If you crave to release something so early, then why not take my earlier (cast aside) suggestion and release them in 3 packs, deferring the last pack until it's done. You seem to have the Episode II skins and the Republic Commando skins finished.. and it seems senseless to have them wait on unrelated skins simply to bloat an already large pk3 file... when the idea put forward has already cited approval from the forum readers here.

The fact is, as much as you'd like it to happen.. not everyone who downloads this pack is going to want all the variations. Some will only want Republic Commandos, some will only want the newer/improved Arc skins.. and then some will only be downloading it for Episode III troopers. You released your female Jedi in three seperate packs which worked fine, hence why not this?

Just to let ya know, I wasn't requesting, I was merely respecting everyone's work. Just wanted to let you know neomarz... hopefully no pressure right? I hope so. You guys are working your little hearts out, and I don't want you guys stressing out. I think you all deserve a huge, long, break. And... I can't wait for these clones, just so excited. :D

Heck, I'm even sleeping at the keyboard, but that's from being sick. :'(

Anyway, great work, love you guys, and hope you get a loooong Christmas break... actually you all should start your break sooner. So all take a cruise on my heavily modified :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd:

:D

I think the final decision on how the models and skins will be released should be left up to NeoMarz.

I wasn't making a decision, I was making a suggestion.

Discussing it here is unnecessary

Discussing it here is necessary, and as relevant as everything else - this is the "Clone Ultima" page, and everything that relates to it.

.. we're just skinners, critics, feedback, and support.

Speak for yourself.

Aren't you a skinner, Riku? In the end, it's NeoMarz who created and polished up the models, as well as all other submissions. In the end, we (you) are all helping him compile his project and while I know he is grateful for your skills and talents, he is the one who oversees and supervises the final product. In the end, this will be under his name. Modeling takes much more effort than skinning I believe, and for an issue concerning how it will be packaged and distributed, that should be left entirely up to him.

I do hope that he fully takes you up on the December 25th deadline though, and I agree that it's better to take your time than to rush, as there shouldn't really be a strict date if you feel the quality of your work will suffer from the pressures of time.

I think you all deserve a huge, long, break.

I wish.

After these clones are done, I'm continuing on (because I haulted everything to do these clones) Monsoontide's "Rebel Commando", Rogue_agent/Darth_Tempust's "Grand Moff Tarkin" and Tyrael's alien Jedi. Not to mention my *own* projects:

- Naboo S5 Security Blaster (still needs to be UV-mapped)

- Geonosian Sonic Blaster

- Dark Forces II Bryar pistol

- Clone pistol

- Padme

- Magna Guard

- Magna Guard's Staff

Not to mention, on top of ALL of this... I am leading the Order 66 Mod.

Some of those projects I've only just announced now, but have been working on for quite some time. As you can see, I have my work cut out for me... So I think you can now understand why I'm a little edgy and short-tempered lately.

Aren't you a skinner, Ruku?

No..

- Textures ("skins")

- Modelling/Animating (Yes, I model.. so I'd appreciate it if you didn't patronize me on which takes more effort)

- GUI (This is designing/coding menus, huds, etc)

- Effects (Efx, more specifically... which combines with the next one)

- 2D art (sprites, etc)

Are we clear now?

Modeling takes much more effort than skinning I believe, and for an issue concerning how it will be packaged and distributed, that should be left entirely up to him.

That is not quite true it just depends on who is doing it, some people may find models easier, while other may find skining easier.

To settle that comment of Shao's, skinning and modelling go hand in hand. However, "skinning" (I prefer the term "texturing", as "skinning" is used so losely now that people change the color of someone's hair and they are suddenly "skinners") is what makes or breaks a model.

Look at it this way...

If Hapslash's Obi-Wan Kenobi had Aaron Smith's textures on it (no offence Smith)... would any of you have been as excited? I don't think so. If Aaron Smith's model had Hapslash's textures, I'm sure it would still be regarded as superior.

The fact of the matter is, the model could be a laser scan of the actor for all concerned, but if the textures aren't convincing and close-to-reference as possible... it won't look like the real thing.

Therefor I think you need to re-think your stance on skinning... as it's just as important as the modelling side... and I would say just as hard in many ways (not in technical execution for an experienced skinner, but rather as I said, getting it as close to reference as possible).

One such example (forgive me Marz), compare NeoMarz's "standard clone" skin (the base trooper, no patterns) to my "dirty clone" skin. Same model, same Uv-map, completely difference styles, which led to completely different outcomes (in terms of overall "look").

Ruku is correct, skinning/texturing is much more than just "oh, I made his hair green". Anyone with photoshop can do that. To actually create an original texture from scratch/nothing is often times more difficult than modelling, considering with models, you generally have something to work with. When you get to texturing, the limitations of your imagination weigh in.

That said, everyone shut the hell up unless you have something constructive, to the project, to say.

I also have to agree that you might want to think about just releasing the epII clones seperately. The Commando's can be kept with the epIII troopers. Or perhaps just a "basic clones" pack. Then when all the variants are done, you can release the "special edition" clones pack.

I can't guarantee I'll be completely wrapped up in a week's time Marz... and I'm not going to change my methods for a "release date". Also at this point, I think it's irrelevant as how things are done in "the real gaming business", because this isn't "the business" - This is for fun, a hobby... and if per chance this starts to feel more like a job than a hobby, with "deadlines" and whatnot (bear in mind that people have been waiting for more than 7 months for Hapslash's Anakin.. and they still have no desire to "hurry"), well then I can't guarantee my participation in this project any further.

not to sound like an ass but why should the project be pushed back because of you.

Please do not provoke Ruku, he (she? :p ) doesn't have to finish this, he/she can choose to quit because of what you say, you never know.

Ruku adds that special style to this pack, I'm sure if I had to take extra time doing my simple colorization to the clones you wouldn't be complaining, now listen to insane sith and HUSH.

hey, now wath be cool if your clones come in MB2 :smash:

that would be awsome, i love clones but i was always disepointed becouse i aways had to play with the ones of ep2, the ones i love is ep3.

and it would be cool to if you UVmapped the invinished republic commando rifle

on pcgamemods, i wana say to that this is not a request but only a

reply :vsd:

i now that your clone already where in it but i mean the ep3 ones.

:naughty: Well i know Ruku from the void and i wish ya luck with the clone skins and im afraid wen i saw magna guard on ur list there i got all excited again curses... you people love tormenting me with this magnificent models

Anyways good luck with the skinnig ruku and like posted earlyer sit back and take a break for a couple of hours.

And i think there should be no time limit jusy my opinion tho so they models are 100% cool

Archived