Home

NeoMarz's Ultimate Clone Pack VM

NeoMarz1

not to sound like an ass but why should the project be pushed back because of you.

I doubt Ruku wishes the pack to be delayed longer than it needs to be, but Ruku does have a reputation, and I don't think he's going to sacrifice it just for a bunch of whiny kids.

PS: Everyone, keep the spam to a minimum. I just deleted 2 posts that had absolutely nothing to even do with Clonetroopers, let alone this model pack.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, especially for the amount of jerks that are pushing the "rush me" button. It just sickens me and my friends to see that happen to great modellers, skinners, etc. Because, all's you all care about are clones and not the creators getting a decent break. They don't have to release these things for you, they can just keep them to their selves. I'm not greedy, so I can wait for these awesome creations. I don't have to have them now, but would like to have them when released. I hope you guys are proud of yourselves. I don't like seeing other people being pressured over something such as a game model, they have lives too you know, they have feelings. So, why don't you do us all a favor, and relieve some pressure and let them work when they want to. Thanks. To you modellers/skinners, I wish you well. :)

Thank you, all of you, for understanding my position and for your copious ammounts of praise. As a token of my appreciation, I have for you a special screenshot of Bly (it's the best idea for a thank you I could come up with at the time - skinning Bly, lol), posed with his trusty DC-15 and ready to kick ass.

thanks5sb.png

Thanks.

I can't guarantee I'll be completely wrapped up in a week's time Marz... and I'm not going to change my methods for a "release date". Also at this point, I think it's irrelevant as how things are done in "the real gaming business", because this isn't "the business" - This is for fun, a hobby... and if per chance this starts to feel more like a job than a hobby, with "deadlines" and whatnot (bear in mind that people have been waiting for more than 7 months for Hapslash's Anakin.. and they still have no desire to "hurry"), well then I can't guarantee my participation in this project any further.

?

Ummmm, Ruku... (I had to re-edit this ) I had a page long reply to this post. I decided to keep this simple. Your comment really ticked me off! Here is my statement. If you want to bail, feel free. I can handle the workload on my own. I could wait till that date, but I dont need someone to treat my project as "not being worthy enough for them". I've been nothing more than courteous to you, and have even given you praise for your work. Need I remind you that you asked me to work on this, not the other way around. Thanks for your time, Hope your future projects go well. Marzout

Ummmm, Ruku... (I had to re-edit this ) I had a page long reply to this post. I decided to keep this simple. Your comment really ticked me off! Here is my statement. If you want to bail, feel free. I can handle the workload on my own. I could wait till that date, but I dont need someone to treat my project as "not being worthy enough for them". I've been nothing more than courteous to you, and have even given you praise for your work. Need I remind you that you asked me to work on this, not the other way around. Thanks for your time, Hope your future projects go well. Marzout

I'm not bailing... obviously you missed the clear message in there Marz. What I am saying is, you have your methods of working.. that's fine. I obviously work differently than you and I do not like to be rushed - which I interpreted your "You need to wrap up" statement as. I am working my ass off trying to get these models looking as accurate as possible, and of the highest quality possible... given their limitations. Also, please don't use quotation marks on your "not worthy enough for them" comment, as I never said such a thing. Infact, all my projects (listed above) are on hold just so I can make this project the best it could possibly be.

You've been nothing more than courteous to me? From one artist to another, I'd expect nothing less. You've *even* given me praise for my work? Am I supposed to bow at your feet for such a noble gesture? Are you humouring me? Praise comes where praise is earned. I've given you praise on several parts of this project, because you earned it. Whether or not you gave me praise for that same reason... I believe I've earned it.

It's funny that you say you can "handle the workload on your own", yet asking for Deviss' visor and you claim "I have enough on my plate as it is.." ..... so which is it?

Let's just set a few things straight and calm you down abit:

- I am not quitting.

- I do not look down upon your project.. infact ALL of my other projects, which I am doing for others.. are on hold FOR THIS PROJECT.

- I asked you to work on this, because you put out the offer first (to the community). Approaching you would be "omg marz can I lyk.. skin some stuff?", when you had not asked for any help.

Let's not have this argument again, and try and stay on topic.

If it makes those of you on the project feel any better, I am willing to wait as long as it takes to finish these, and were it legal, I would pay for these player models.

defnitly agreed! besides, I for one think a 24-25th release date would be alot better, alot more fitting to the season, it could be like a christmas present to all JA gamers :D and is a mere 10 days longer not worth waiting for Ruku's excellent skins? :D

Marz, that galactic marine skin is awsome. though I think the clips on their boots are bigger

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=398

be sure to check out the 501st Clone Detatchment Galactic Marine research thread for alot of useful info and pictures, they find the best refs. also I think its a little redder than that, I'm not sure though. its hard to tell, some refs say one thing some say another :/

I'm not bailing... obviously you missed the clear message in there Marz. What I am saying is, you have your methods of working.. that's fine. I obviously work differently than you and I do not like to be rushed - which I interpreted your "You need to wrap up" statement as. I am working my ass off trying to get these models looking as accurate as possible, and of the highest quality possible... given their limitations. Also, please don't use quotation marks on your "not worthy enough for them" comment, as I never said such a thing. Infact, all my projects (listed above) are on hold just so I can make this project the best it could possibly be.

"Given their limitations?" It sounds like my model is not worthy of your work, you couldnt even refrain from saying it in the same paragraph. If I didnt have a quot before, well I certainly got it now.

You've been nothing more than courteous to me? From one artist to another, I'd expect nothing less. You've *even* given me praise for my work? Am I supposed to bow at your feet for such a noble gesture? Are you humouring me? Praise comes where praise is earned. I've given you praise on several parts of this project, because you earned it. Whether or not you gave me praise for that same reason... I believe I've earned it.

When someone is offering praise they "are bowing". I have already bowed to you, to bring mutual respect is to bow in return (common courtesy), by not bowing is to show no respect. As one artist to another, the only point I'm making here is that I have humbled myself to you, but based on this statement "Am I supposed to bow at your feet for such a noble gesture?"... It sounds like you dont understand this courtesy.

It's funny that you say you can "handle the workload on your own", yet asking for Deviss' visor and you claim "I have enough on my plate as it is.." ..... so which is it?

Absolutely I can handle the work load. I have authored more projects on my own, than most anyone in the community. Yes, I do have alot on my plate, but you are fooling yourself to assume I cant handle this project.

Let's just set a few things straight and calm you down abit:

- I am not quitting.

- I do not look down upon your project.. infact ALL of my other projects, which I am doing for others.. are on hold FOR THIS PROJECT.

- I asked you to work on this, because you put out the offer first (to the community). Approaching you would be "omg marz can I lyk.. skin some stuff?", when you had not asked for any help.

Let's not have this argument again, and try and stay on topic.

Ruku.... The only thing I am saying is that I have invested my trust in you. When I sent you my files, that was a pact of trust. I dont expect any kind of worship, but I do expect you to be respectfull to me.

Praise is also a tool for building trust, and bringing people together. Yes you have earned it, but to assume its a trophy you rightfully have earned.... Well your missing the point.

In short (please read this in a friendly tone, cuz its meant to be freindly). You are welcome to be on the project, only cuz I hate to see good work go to waste; however, I do require that you come to the table as an equal, if you cant do that, then you need to consider a different project.

Yes I am fine with resolving this issue, without any arguing. I would like you to continue, but not at the expense of your lack of commitment. Are you committed to this project? I have no doubt that you are working hard, but it was you that stated that you may leave. I have left a project (AOTC/TC) for not being commited on the leadership side, but I have never left a project because it was too demanding. The deadline was meant to be negotiable, and I had considered that you werent ready... The deadline seems resonable, but I need you to consider that there is a level of commitment here. That being said, I do extend my hand for your invovlment. I think we can rise above our differences, and finish this project...

But I need you as an equal. Just like I consider everyone in this project. Thats why I want the pack to be as one. This is a team effort, and it needs to be delivered as a team effort.

You dont need to take anything I say as being hatefull, I only mean to bring us on common ground. Sincerely Mars

marzout

I couldnt help it but the top of the helmet of the galatic marine looks like a nazai ww2 helmet

Maybe thats what george and his team were aiming for?

I mean theyve done it before, stormtroopers are the perfect example.

Marz your Galactic Marine looks awesome, thanks for putting in all your time and effort for the community. And the same to everyone else who has helped Marz.

"Given their limitations?" It sounds like my model is not worthy of your work, you couldnt even refrain from saying it in the same paragraph. If I didnt have a quot before, well I certainly got it now.

Yes, given their limitations, primarily texture distortion. There are several parts in the model where things get clearly warped/stretched/compacted. Ask any other person who has skinned this model. It's not a matter of the model "not being good enough for me" ... it's a matter of as someone who has spent hours trying to create a skin... it's extremely frustrating to have to spend extra hours trying to work around the distortions. I could show you screenshots of what I'm talking about... but I'd consider that rude and discourteous.

When someone is offering praise they "are bowing". I have already bowed to you, to bring mutual respect is to bow in return (common courtesy), by not bowing is to show no respect. As one artist to another, the only point I'm making here is that I have humbled myself to you, but based on this statement "Am I supposed to bow at your feet for such a noble gesture?"... It sounds like you dont understand this courtesy.

First off, I am quite aware of the definition of "praise" and would appreciate it if you refrained from any patronizing. Second of all, I don't consider "praising" bowing at all, nor do I understand why you say I haven't "bowed" to you... when in the paragraph you are refuting.. I clearly said I did - several times.

Absolutely I can handle the work load. I have authored more projects on my own, than most anyone in the community. Yes, I do have alot on my plate, but you are fooling yourself to assume I cant handle this project.

I am not "fooling myself" about anything... and if you can handle the workload... don't make posts hypocritically stating otherwise. Eg. "I have enough on my plate as it is".

Ruku.... The only thing I am saying is that I have invested my trust in you. When I sent you my files, that was a pact of trust. I dont expect any kind of worship, but I do expect you to be respectfull to me.

I have been nothing BUT respectful, and trust is not the issue here.

Praise is also a tool for building trust, and bringing people together. Yes you have earned it, but to assume its a trophy you rightfully have earned.... Well your missing the point.

No.. I don't see it as a "trophy" I have "rightfully earned". I don't sit here thinking "Praise me... PRAISE ME!!"... Praise is rewarded for hard work, I have been working my ass off, I don't EXPECT praise... but I believe I have earned it (Which is NOT the same thing).

In short (please read this in a friendly tone, cuz its meant to be freindly). You are welcome to be on the project, only cuz I hate to see good work go to waste; however, I do require that you come to the table as an equal, if you cant do that, then you need to consider a different project.

I've considered you equal since the damn beginning? What are you on about??

I'm not looking down on you, I'm arguing with you. There's a damn difference.

I would like you to continue, but not at the expense of your lack of commitment. Are you committed to this project? I have no doubt that you are working hard, but it was you that stated that you may leave.

ARGHH!!! Did you not read what you were quoting me on?

All my current projects are on hold, whilst I am doing this one. Exactly where there, is there a lack of commitment?? I am devoted ENTIRELY to THIS project.

The deadline seems resonable

Well obviously if I thought I could make the deadline, we wouldn't be having this discussion... would we.

Frankly, you can write all the rebutals you want Marz, the fact of the matter is.. I told you I can't meet the release date... how you handle that.. is up to you.

By the way, incase you were "committed enough" to this project, you should work at moving Bly's visor into a "viewing" position, and map it as an "*off" surface. This DOES work, it's been proven here by Telsa that it works, and I can show you other examples where it has worked. If you are committed enough to this project, I would hope you wish to see Deviss realized as he is in all the publicity shots - with his visor down.

Phew, you guys are sure you don't put too much on "hold" for this project ?

Ruku I guess you might be a little stressed out since your attitude has become even more aggressive since that Marz post...

I can understand why you don't get Marz's points but I do also understand why he thinks you behave a little arrogant.

Your posts resemble those of a person whose patience has become very thin.

You might want to chill out a bit. (don't kill me now)

I'm not going to kill you, lol. I just need you to understand why I am so tightly strung. I don't need a release date breathing down my neck. I've already got a full-time job, a social life and all those other listed projects (a page back) doing that :| .

The problem is... I can't chill out a bit... because wanted it released soon. That's why I'm edgy. I've done nothing BUT work on these textures, since the day he sent me them... and it's starting to drive me insane @_@.

Archived