Home

NeoMarz's Ultimate Clone Pack VM

NeoMarz1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I've hit a bump in my workflow. The problem isn't with any of my skins though, so don't worry. Instead, it's in regard to the shaders I'm using.

At the moment, I'm striving to create the closest "to movie" appearance of all the clones, namely the commanders. What this has involved, (namely with Gree) is 5 seperate textures (all of relatively small file size though, so don't worry) being layered onto the one part of the model.

The problem isn't on my end... it looks great. The problem I have is... if you don't have the "Detail Shaders" option on... all you will see is a plain white helmet, with their visor... and by plain, I mean flat white.

All I need to know is, given that it's almost 2006, I'm assuming everyone's PC is already running this option. So, for a general consensus... is it "Yay" or "Neigh" (Yes or No) to the multi-layer shaders?

Well, I would say no, only cuz I know you can get pretty close the same effect with a single shader. Now I'm no shader pro, but the shader I'm using allows some parts to be shiny, and other parts non shiny. Black having no shine, and grey to white adding shine (to whatever degree), plus with the Clone commando, I was also able to add glow. My pc is not the greatest in the world, and some of us cant just go out and buy a new computer. Sure you could just by the graphics card, but I've already changed my card twice, and I will buy a new pc before I buy another card. Marzout

Maybe a seperate set of skins could be made for low-end computers.

Yes, lets make their lives even more annoying. I'm sorry but if your PC can't handle it your PC must be running due to a hampster on a wheel in your PC tower...

It -should- work on all PCs, and if it doesn't, take some other crap outta your base, and if it still doesn't work - well... tough luck for you i reckon.

~Cassa.

Now I'm no shader pro, but the shader I'm using allows some parts to be shiny, and other parts non shiny. Black having no shine, and grey to white adding shine (to whatever degree)

Yes, a specular shader :p.

Mine already have a specular shader, it encompasses all the "shiney" parts of the white armour, and of course the visor. The other layers are an environment shader, an alpha-masked layer, and the base (which consists of just a black visor).

Now, usually something so intricate would be pushed aside considering JKA's (lackluster) rendering... but I foresee an infathomable ammount of movies being made using these clones. Of course, if the detail wasn't noticable unless you squint, 1ft from the model... I obviously wouldn't do it. However, from the tests I've ran, it makes a noticeable difference.

With that being said, I'll see what I can do along the lines of screenshots...

oke its been long that i went to this site

oh well

Great models Marz but Whats with the shaders your not gonna make them look Plastic Wrapped like your old clone pack right?

Actually I'm going to use a different shader than that one. Everyone complained that the old clones looked way to shiny, so I'm using a shader that allows the scratches to come through, but maintaining some shine. I used this shader on my last vader model. I like it a lot, and it seems well suited for the clones. Marzout

All the tweaks are done for shaders, and new base skins have been added. Only thing left to do is tweak the "Galactic Marines", and the 501st skins need color adjustment.... Not because they were wrong, but after adding the shader it changed it a bit. Marzout

O.k. here let me answer some of the questions here.

Answer to Darth Squee: The 501st looks dark cuz this screenshot is not ingame. The lighting effects will make it a lighter blue.

Answer to Ace: I'm not too concerned anymore about file size, because the file will be no bigger than a medium size map file (15MB maybe). A few extra clones wont hurt, and a few clones are not going to turn up on the selection screen (you will need to punch in at the console).

Release date? Well were waiting for RuKu, I think his release date is 25th? Something like that..... By the way, Ruku hows it goin? We havent seen a post.

Yes Cody is my favorite too.

Its hard to tell in the screenshots, but all the Arcs have jet packs. Cody, Commandos, Galactic Marines, all have their special packs. Marzout

Archived