Home

NeoMarz's Ultimate Clone Pack VM

NeoMarz1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for the JO remarks, it might aswell be dead. The game right now is JA. You dont see many new files coming in for JO these days, thats why the main game is JA. Mainly the people who still play JO is the people who doesnt like JA.

Not true. Many people still play Jedi Outcast; I should know, I do all the time, and many of the servers there are often swarming with people. And a lot of these people, including me, play both games. (Though who cares why people are playing JO?) The majority of the files might be coming out for Jedi Academy, but that has little to do with whether people are still playing JO. They are.

Anyway, I've gotten a chance to try out the new clones in Jedi Academy, and I love them. They surpass the previous clones by far. Team VM did an excellent job. Maybe after the final version of the clones comes out, someone else could convert them to JO, if Marz doesn't want to do it? This is a seminal creation; it should be available for both games.

scoartch.jpg

Heh i started making scoarch ... dun worry soon he will look better and better ... :)

Do you save these Base skins separate from the ones that you add the dings and scratches. I think they look good, but I'm not so sure about the smudge effect around the joints. I you have photo shop, you should use layering method. Make one layer that is grey (separate from the skin), then use the sponge filter, then use the emboss. This should give you some dinged up surface appearance. Next drop this layer at roughly 50% transparency. Then erase areas that you dont want dings. I'll try and post an example. Marzout

O.k. I dont like to share my secrets too much, but this will give you an idea of how to work in some dings. Keep in mind you have 2 layers. One has the skin, the other has the embossed texture grade. Hope this will help, this is just a quick example... nothing fancy. Marzout

scratch236dd.jpg

scratch223sv.jpg

Now that you bring this up Marz: A few of your older skins make excessive use of the sponge tool. Though the quality remained I never liked the effect.

I'm glad you somehow toned that down a bit.

Believe it or not, I use to actually hand draw the old sponge effect, didnt realize there was a filter for the same thing. I know I used to use it alot, but now Ive learned to fill space with other effects. I find that you use as many tricks as you can, and build your layers. The end can be pretty rewarding. Marzout

I'm very happy with this 256x256 res hand skin for my Magnaguard. I used copy and paste for the nuts, and a bunch of layers using burn, dodge, and scratching effects. I think this illustrates just how much detail can be squeezed into a small image. Effective layering really helps alot.

hands8hi.jpg

List of variants.

EPII Clone

ARC Trooper

EPIII Clone

Thire

Appo

Airborne

Commando

Marine

Bacara

Cody

Bly

Deviss

List completed. Dynamic Icons not complete.

EPII Clone

ARC Trooper

you need to understand this is very hard organizational work, and alot of texture editing to select colors delete grayscale, and .skin files are murder on the hands.

arctroopah.jpg

I'm very happy with this 256x256 res hand skin for my Magnaguard. I used copy and paste for the nuts, and a bunch of layers using burn, dodge, and scratching effects. I think this illustrates just how much detail can be squeezed into a small image. Effective layering really helps alot.

Yes its pretty detailed!

If you want to enter the detail frenzy you could still rotate the screws so the nicks don't all face the same directions ;)

Do you save these Base skins separate from the ones that you add the dings and scratches. I think they look good, but I'm not so sure about the smudge effect around the joints. I you have photo shop, you should use layering method. Make one layer that is grey (separate from the skin), then use the sponge filter, then use the emboss. This should give you some dinged up surface appearance. Next drop this layer at roughly 50% transparency. Then erase areas that you dont want dings. I'll try and post an example. Marzout

O.k. I dont like to share my secrets too much, but this will give you an idea of how to work in some dings. Keep in mind you have 2 layers. One has the skin, the other has the embossed texture grade. Hope this will help, this is just a quick example... nothing fancy. Marzout

scratch236dd.jpg

scratch223sv.jpg

Wow Marz thanks this realy helped...next time ill use this method...Thnks again ill save till next reskin of troopers or robots or something that cud hawe damaged paint :)

Archived