Home

Can someone? (show me a Jedi vs. Jedi battle)

Ryozan

Sadly the Jedi battles in this game pretty much suck. It's hack and slash with a "block" toggle that runs out fast due to it draining your "energy" (stamina) bar.

If you want online Jedi dueling I point you instead to the Jedi Knight series... ;P

Sadly the Jedi battles in this game pretty much suck. It's hack and slash with a "block" toggle that runs out fast due to it draining your "energy" (stamina) bar.

If you want online Jedi dueling I point you instead to the Jedi Knight series... ;P

...from which you should DL Movie Battles 2 and get a much better duelling system.

Dueling will always suffer from the facts of lag, but the system in SWBF2 is clearly undeveloped.

Jedi here aren't really meant for dueling, just for hacking away madly at fodder troopers in order to score quick points. Their blocking is just a temporary measure to prevent them getting gunned down immediately by blaster happy foes.

SBF actually makes a private server called Jedi Duel in which the servers are rigged so that you will be able to play jedi on the lvls like on mustafar. No ai to interupt either. We have 5 movies comin out of footage of these servers. As of now all these servers are available to sbf members, friends, and allies. But they will be made public in the future. My fav, is of course anakin vs obi on mustafar, and maul vs obi on mustafar. The only prob with mustafar is that there are like 900 wallhacks that i keep falling into when im jumping around..

Hmm, how do they accomplish this? You can play Jedi on any map, but you have to adhere to the "rules" of unlocking them, and at best you can only have one Hero per team (and your health still counts down). Also only certain maps would have Jedi, since they're flagged for specific Heroes for specific factions.

Unless they've discovered some way to hack the _eli gametype to work on other maps besides Mos Eisley (they get fatal errors when I try).

There are some odd things with regards to Jedi force jumps on Mos Eisley, some walls can't be leaped over. Even though you have "clearance" an invisible wall stops you, forcing you to use the "door" like grounded infantry.

What I'd like to see are the commands they're using to supposedly do this.

Or are they hex editing the lvl files?

Update:

Okay I'm pretty sure now that you're using modified files. You just edited some of the other maps to be compatible with the _eli game mode. At first I was thinking you'd discovered some command I wasn't familiar with. ;)

Well anyway, I'm sure when tools are released (?) people will be able to tweak their maps for "jedi dueling" a little better or create new ones specifically for the purpose.

Frankly though, I think the gameplay itself needs adjusting before it would be truly worthwhile. I was rather disappointed in Mos Eisley Assault...

PS: The link on your page to http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=1129680827/SBFJediDuel.zip is screwy. The file is only 29 bytes (broken zip).

ihud is messed up now. They had a system crash so none of the downloads work anymore.

btw we dont use modified files. The server is a Duel that means battle of 2. So there is only one jedi per team. But you are able to get them immediately in the beginning of game. No ai to interfere, stuff like that. Everybody is able to do it if they figure it out.

ihud is messed up now. They had a system crash so none of the downloads work anymore.

btw we dont use modified files. The server is a Duel that means battle of 2. So there is only one jedi per team. But you are able to get them immediately in the beginning of game. No ai to interfere, stuff like that. Everybody is able to do it if they figure it out.

Yeah, all you do is make the AI count zero and edit the Hero spawn options. I havent tried that yet, but I certainly will do so

Okay, sure you could set both teams to have Hero ability "simultaneously", make it the player with the lowest score, and make it unlocked in 0 (or maybe 1) kills. We know how to do that with commands (haven't tried it but it should work).

Still you'd have problems though... unless they are making it just a two player server (1 vs 1). Or just have a rule that only two players can be "live" the rest have to spectate while they "duel"? Because otherwise you'd have two Heroes and everybody else would just be running around like normal, unable to be a Hero until the first two had died.

Just do a battle at Mos Eisly with Assault...It's a secret mode where everyone is a hero... and you have normal life instead of the lightsaber bar...

That's not what we're talking about though. He's saying this server uses ONLY Heroes on other maps besides Mos Eisly.

I'm asking for specific details (like what exact commands are used) but I am not getting a straight/complete answer (sorry).

You have to make a certain amount of kills to be a hero, and when you are a hero your time is limited, (unless you manage to constantly kill people), in IA, Galactic Conquest and Story mode.

The only time you can constantly be a Hero is in Assault mode on Mos Eisley which is just Heroes versus Villans.

Archived