Home

Can someone? (show me a Jedi vs. Jedi battle)

Ryozan

yeah that's because i'm not supposed to give them away :¬:

these are for private servers and if they go public then its no longer private lol.

It's currently a benefit of becoming sbf. They will become public in a while, but for now we need them for publicity...

Oh okay. Preserve their secret then. ;)

I would think if it were just a stupid trick like making it a two player only server and making it Simultaneous Heroes, lowest player score and 1 kill/capture/point for unlock you could do it, but it'd still have its problems.

A far easier way to do it would be to use a hex editor and turn another map into "eli" mode like Mos Eisley assault. I mean it might be tricky to do and have its bugs, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about your Hero timer running out, or another player showing up and not being able to pick a hero until the others died.

If they edited the files, then that means people can't join without the files, which would makes sense if this private server is only open to "allies" and "members." So people sign up, you send them the needed files and they can play. But a person with the files would be useless unless they gave them to others to play with (though I guess you could play against bots by yourself).

It'll be interesting to see if I was right. ;) Or perhaps somebody else will figure it out and release it before then?

After all, people figured out how to make Jedi playable in SWBF1, and even give them force powers and make them killable. Though of course all that stuff was locked away in the game, it just had to be found and used, from what I gather...

lol i guess ur sorta right but we also have private servers because when we make em public noobs flood in from everywhere to play and then our own members can't get in. We had them public on the beta back when there was only obi vs grevious and yoda vs grevious... We'd probably have one public jedi duel server up and one private...

Oh well, not a big loss. Hero battles I find extremely boring and random. I was just curious how it was done. ;) For my own curiosity I'll experiment with those settings.

Eventually the info will come out for those who want to use it.

In the meantime I'd encourage those seeking duels to just skip the poor-man's version in this game and head for Jedi Academy (or Jedi Outcast), see the link in my sig!

Archived