Home

Galactic Conquest

McCusto

Is anyone else pleased with this? It is so much better then the first one. This time, not only do you take systems, you have to defend them, too (which is why I had to fight on Kamino 5 times and Dagobah 3 >.<)

Is is more like a strategy in Galactic Conquest, you have to earn money, by destroying enemy fleets, capturing systems, and defending systems, to buy Units, and YES, Bonuses. I like it how you can buy a Leader bonus which allows you to play as a Hero when you are on a ground map (You start as one and then there is the timer)

And for people who are wondering if there is just plain SPACE battles, yes, you can play on one where it is just space by intercepting an enemy fleet not by a planet, or if they intercept you.

So far I have only completed Republic conquest, which was hard, followed by CIS, then Empire. I haven't started a rebel one, yet.

But in Galactic Conquest, you get a chance to play on Space maps only in Rise of the Empire, such as Space Mustafar and Space Coruscant. And just plain Space.

I love GC! Best way to experiance the game, except its very hard. I can beat space battles no problem (sabotage) but land battles are very difficult.

I usually build a second fleet right off the bat, and equip one of them with sabotage, while saving up for a third. With three fleets you can effectively protect all of your planets, destroying enemy fleets in space while getting money for upgrades in preparation for a land campaign.

Has anyone figured out how you build more fleets...

Deselect your fleet. Select a planet you 'own'. If there is not a fleet there, it gives you the option to build one. First fleet costs 1000 money units, second: 200, thrid: 3000, and so on...

Three is the most fleets I've ever had. I got tired of space battles on GC. Space battles occur when two fleets meet. If you keep destroying the computer's fleet, it keeps remaking it on the planet you are about to attack, thus making you fight in space for ever planet (12 total) you want to take over and more. Don't forget you have to buy all your units. If you spent all your money on fleets, you wouldn't have any ground forces.

I personally like Galactic Conquest. I have almost completed the Birth of the Rebellion but when I was attacked in a Space Battle I wasn't able tyo play I just showed a capital ship and I couldn't select any unit to use. Well, I only had to retake Hoth and I would have been finshed. I noticed that the Empire constantly attacks Naboo and Dagobah when they attck.

So I decided to start one with the CIS and I have currently taken Dagobah.

...id have atleast 5 fleets. not for the over powering part but just cause i like to do the whole tactical thing.

The planets are connected in such a way that it requires only 2 fleets to blockage almost any planet.

A third fleet costs 3000. Thats hard to make unless you don't buy any units (meaning you will only be a stormtrooper or space pilot)

lol id be playing for a while. what i meant b "tactical" wasnt that accurate. i meant that id spend alot of time. i usualy dont attack until all the pawns are in position. and if a pawn falls behind i fall back. get that pawn and procede. it takes more time yes. but i rarely loose.

ill probaly end up playing gc in every way possible. like one time ill do it with only tanks... or only clone troopers.

Yea, I did that in SWBF. With the new award system, you should be able get them all at least 64 times (thus making them permenate). Once you start keeping the awards, the game starts to get too easy (every weapon becomes 1-2 shot per kill).

Archived