Home

The immortality of heroes??

Naja

Should heroes be respawnable after they are killed?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should heroes be respawnable after they are killed?

• No, they should stay dead.
    • Yes, you should be able to bring them back to life.

It's still not clear when you would order a hero to respawn. Would it be on the Galactic Map? Or in the midst of a battle?

It wouldn't make much sense to have it on the Galaxy Map. Where would your hero be respawning? How? Furthermore, it would make modding the time sort of a drag to replicate "real" death, as eventually - even with 9,999,999 to the respawn rate - the sucker would come back.

And if it's in a battle (which would be the most reasonable), that adds a bit more complexity to it.

Would the "recharge rate" carry from battle to battle (so if Vader gets killed and his respawn had only gone up to 50% by the end of the last battle, would the next battle start at 50% for his respawn capability?), or would you have to start from the beginning of the recharge rate every time a mission starts and your hero didn't get to 100% before the last mission ended?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are respawnable they should be like this:

If dead, long respawntime since they have to rehabilitate (like Luke did on hoth system) and they should lose all their skills. Therefor people will take more care of them instead of just sending it off alone.

Maybe the respawning should be a reasearch or something?

If they are respawnable they should be like this:

If dead, long respawntime since they have to rehabilitate (like Luke did on hoth system) and they should lose all their skills. Therefor people will take more care of them instead of just sending it off alone.

Maybe the respawning should be a reasearch or something?

I think that these are good ideas. Definitely have a long respawn time, that is a must if heroes are to respawn, and lose their skills is another good idea. This will allow people to use their heroes without having to worry about losing them forever, but they will still have to be careful in what they send them on and not just send them into battle without any support.

If you lose them in the midst of battle, he's out till the battle ends.

Keep in mind, when battle is going on, the galaxy stands almost still.

So yes, heroes will respawn on the galaxy map, as that is when time moves forward.

This is official I assume? It sounds like a pretty good way of doing it. Compromise between the "want respawn people" and the "dead for good" people, and for people like myself who are undecided in how the wanted it to be.

While I think it might be kind of wierd if heroes never died, and you could just bring them back, I think that they should make them respawnable. It wouldn't make sense if some character died that wasn't supposed to die, and they didn't come back. I think there should be some kind of trade-off though, you shouldn't be able to just keep sending them out there immediately to die and then just respawn them back. I voted yes.

This is official I assume? It sounds like a pretty good way of doing it. Compromise between the "want respawn people" and the "dead for good" people, and for people like myself who are undecided in how the wanted it to be.

Well, no, not entirely.

But it would be the best solution. And since time does stand still when you are in combat, I assume you will get the hero back at a later time outside the combat enviroment when time moves forward again.

Well, no, not entirely.

But it would be the best solution. And since time does stand still when you are in combat, I assume you will get the hero back at a later time outside the combat enviroment when time moves forward again.

Ahh. I misunderstood you. Still, this would be the best way, I agree. Hopefully LA agrees also ;)

He has a point guys and when heroes die they DIE! But maybe you'll be able to bionicly recreate a body like they did for darth father. (If they're on time)

Perhaps. That'd be an interesting feature, too - imagine a 1v2 on a planet's surface:

Rebel Player 1: Oh noez! Here comes Darth Vader:eek:!

Rebel Player 2: Relax, it's just Leia. We got her a suit, too, 'cause an AT-At stepped on her.

Rebel Player 1: Phew:o.

I have a question about heros though. Since they don't die, what happens when the rebels or Imperials have the enemy cornered at their last planet? Are all the enemy heros there? Do you have to face 20 heros in addition to the massive armies of the enemy? or do you think they would only allow 1-2 heros in ground campaigns as generals so that you have to choose the hero with the best traits to suit your ground attack force?

Bring the largest fleet you can with the most fighters and blast the rabels into ablivion!

Then death star the heck out of the place!

Darn it I did it again I hit submit notice an error and then tryed to fix and resend it but it was to late. I still dont know how to delete posts so a mod will have to do it. sorry!

To delete posts, click the edit button and at the top you will see delete post. Check the check box and then just click delete ~ DM

I don't think we can apply Rome: Total War's hero system like some people seem to like. We obviously have a very limited number of heroes. In Rome: Total War, heroes were precious, yes, but they were easily replaceable by another one who will eventually grow old enough to lead army.

In E@W's case, we have set heroes, no Ptotlemeus the Mighty who can die and have his son, Marcus Aurelius replace him in 20 turns. It's not like Leia and Han can start making babies at a very fast rate.

You might run out of heroes, which isn't good, since people will be prefer to take no risks at all then to try a bold move with their hero.

If you set the Respawn rate to 99999999999 or whatever, you would have to play one game for a couple of days strait to get them back.

For the few of you who want no respawn, you can just set the timers in XML to 9999999. Poof heroes do not return.

I understand you guys may not like the idea of heroes returning, but in our play sessions we just found it to be more fun.

I believe I added an option in multiplayer to turn heroes off for a truly sterile game-play experience, but I can't remember. I am at home typing this and have not had any coffee.

Archived