Home

The immortality of heroes??

Naja

Should heroes be respawnable after they are killed?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should heroes be respawnable after they are killed?

• No, they should stay dead.
    • Yes, you should be able to bring them back to life.

I think that petro should just code in a hero respawn boolean, meaning true/false. Instead of giving the workaround set your timer to 9999999 <- or whatever number they gave. Because if that is the case, then eventually they will respawn. And seeing as we dont know the time scale, and how fast it goes its hard to say how long it would take.

This may seem silly but from a programmers point of view the whole 9999999 thing seems a bit sloppy and an easy work around.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be a good way to solve it. That way both sides would be happy.

Not me, for one.

When you've editted your XML like this, you can only play with others with the exact same settings. So I'll have to make a copy of the XML and switch them back and forth using Windows Explorer, depending on what server I join or host.

I call it cumbersome, unless there's a good mod management system with the game.

Well I know it was only a demo but we did see Vader kill Obiwon at E3 right? Perhaps only a hero can kill another hero. I mean that makes sense. I dont want Vader geting killed by the pvt jones of the Rebel army just doesnt feel star wars, yeah vader should be hurt bad and forced to leave the battle.

If nothing else perhaps a way to limit heros from getting out of control is to link them to a specific planet, even Vader. Lose that planet and you lose that hero.

Well I know it was only a demo but we did see Vader kill Obiwon at E3 right? Perhaps only a hero can kill another hero. I mean that makes sense. I dont want Vader geting killed by the pvt jones of the Rebel army just doesnt feel star wars, yeah vader should be hurt bad and forced to leave the battle.

If nothing else perhaps a way to limit heros from getting out of control is to link them to a specific planet, even Vader. Lose that planet and you lose that hero.

Obi-Wan did kill Vader, but the deal here is there is a time between the moment a hero is killed and then they are respawned. So technically heroes can die, but they can rise again to fight anouther day.

Obi-Wan did kill Vader, but the deal here is there is a time between the moment a hero is killed and then they are respawned. So technically heroes can die, but they can rise again to fight anouther day.

Huh? Don't you mean Darth did kill Obi-Wan? Not the other way around? According to the E3 demo and what he said Darth killed Ob-Wan....

Yeah but it should have said, Obiwon has fled the battle field right? I mean when Vader cuts off lukes arm, would you say Vader has killed Luke? No right, now this is flimsy at best I know because it was a E3 demo, but its sometime to think about right. People dont want heros to die like punks. Luke cant be killed by stormies but then again as an empire faction player I want to defeat Rebel heros so as to win the game. The key moments to victory would be say vader killing obiwon, or luke. That would give me that sense of star wars history being changed.

Ok I'm fine with that, as well as the Hero vs. Hero Timeline alter/Hero Death system. The reasons are definitly clear that that will be the system(although they may not be). The showing during E3 does show the base of the timeline change system and during E3 the game making companies try to show the game how it will be(trying to avoid any other questions about the game or expecting more I'm not sure). E3 is the event that shows how a game will come out or a image of how it will come out.

I don't see how some people are pissed at the idea of a hero getting killed by regular troops. If Obi-Wan decides to charge alone against a legion of Stormtroopers with support fire from vehicles, I expect him to die.

I agree with Luke totally. If say Obi-Wan dies by a squad of stormies its one persons fault, yours! You shouldnt have had Obi-Wan go on a suicide mission then. Heroes shouldnt get special privlidges and be invulnerable to regular troops.

I don't see how some people are pissed at the idea of a hero getting killed by regular troops. If Obi-Wan decides to charge alone against a legion of Stormtroopers with support fire from vehicles, I expect him to die.

I too agree with lukeiamyourdad. If Obi-Wan decides to run into a legion of Stormtroopers, with support from vehicles. I'd expect him to die. I just doesn't make sense.

Once again to note about this that they said that the heroes would be injured and would at one time rejoin the battle. But as said in the transcript when something very close to this was asked, one of developers said that much like luke had battled vader in bespin. The would be Injured by regular troopers and live to fight another day. I think it would only be a Hero vs. Hero way of killing the Sith/Jedi hero characters. In the case if Chewy or Han Solo were to charge into a group of stormys I would agree that he should die because there is nothing he would do to stop him from dieing unlike any Jedi/Sith, due to theri abilities..

I dont know, thats what the movies are all about. How many times did Han run into a pack of stormies and live. I can see the fled the battle part, but at the same time I could see people wanting that finality of a hero's death. I think a good compromise is a clamatic hero on hero battle where the loser stays dead.

If they really want to keep up with Star Wars history than Obi-Wan has to die somehow... But it wouldnt be right if Obi-Wan is programmed to die no matter what, but if you kill Vader than he lives.

I bet you that they programmed it that when Obi-Wan and Vader fight, Obi becomes one with the force. Then again they could just make it be let the best man win, which is what im hoping they do. It will be intereasting to see, because if heroes cannot die, than technically you can never repeat star wars history, because Obi-Wan will always live.

Archived