Home

Mario Kart DS

Lynk Former

Wireless networking is the spawn of the devil. :(

As i understand it the DS itself already supports wireless-b networking. So it should already work with most routers and wireless hotspots. So you don't need to buy the adapter - its just for people who haven't wirelessed their pc yet. (correct?)

I already have a WPA usb adapter in the back of my PC that connects to the router downstairs. If i stuch another USB wireless adapter in the back of my PC (the nintendo one or otherwise) would I be able to have WEP on the DS->PC bit and WPA on the PC->Router bit?

Would XP throw a fit if it had to cope with tow different adapters with two different drivers and two different security policies? I had enough toruble getting just one to work. (had to send back 2 different PCI adapters before i got a USB one that worked).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! I found a DS on Ebay for only $27, and it includes Super Mario 64. There were a couple other ones around $25-30, and they all had around a day left to bid. If the price doesn't go too high, hopefully around $50 at the highest, I'll definitely get one. Hopefully one of them won't shoot up too much...

64 version is the best
I second that, although I do not know the DS version.

I also liked Diddy Kong Racing a lot, which is kind of similar to MK but much much harder to beat. I remember beatin' Wizpig the first time in a 2 hour session, just to find myself in space and after beating him the second time I nearly cried because the end was not even near .. it was most funful.

But Mario Kart is of course the must MP game of both.

I'm getting very tempted. And if I can pick one up with a movie player and cf card on ebay then I might be even more tempted. I do wiish they'd made it look a bit cooler though, cos i just saw my first GB Micro in the wild and that looks soo much cooler..

Nintendo will one day release a redesigned DS.

And that day will be: (dramatic pause) the day after I break down and buy one.

I'm SOOOOO close to putting one on my xmas list, but since they said they were thinking of releasing a redesigned one I don't know what to do. Thye should bring it out pretty quick to cash in on xmas...

Same here. Unfortunately I have to wait until the high speed internet stuff gets here, and then get the wireless adapter : \

But I can safely say that this is my favorite ds game since metroid pinball, but I garuntee this will hold my attention alot longer, I love all the classis levels, that's what I'm doin right now :D

Archived