Home

Permanent Bonuses

mattwild

Wait, you have to earn them first. Can you get the pistol one (kill 9 people without dying) 64 times?

Earning the weapon upgrades are harder than the other bonuses. I have over 270 endurances. Once you earn over 64 War Heros, its not too much of an effort to get the weapon upgrades. All your shots are twice as powerful and you take half the damage. You can stay alive much longer.

Yes, its not good to earn permanate awards.

What I'm not looking forward to is permanantly unlocking the Elite Rifle. I prefer the normal one. I like that the Elit is powerful, but it only fires in burst, which I don't like as much and I'm not as effective with it. And that's the weapon award I get most often by FAR.

About the permanence, can't you just create a new profile and have all your awards disappear? I know that's not ideal, but it's not like you're stuck playing better forever, or even forced to reinstall.

...About the permanence, can't you just create a new profile and have all your awards disappear? I know that's not ideal, but it's not like you're stuck playing better forever, or even forced to reinstall.

Yea you can, but I like having my overall stats. Its not important to anything, but I like seeing how many times I've earned something or what my death/kill ratio is. I don't see a big deal adding in a choice to turn them off in a game. Its just one more if statement in the game code, and a few more for the GUI.

Can you turn of some of your Perm bonus??

Also, the Pistol bonus is not too good... sure you are more powerful, but now you get an ammo count, kinda annoying if you want to camp forever and snipe with it.

Also, if you start off with your basic weapon even if you get perm ELITE weapons. If you switch weapon your gun will become ELITE. so you can still use regular version of the guns, except pistol. I hope they have the option table to turn of individual bonuses. I like my ELITE shotgun, but not the pistol.

On the side, How do you earn the rocket launcher bonus? I found a great map to camp it, but can't find the spot on a CIS AAT TANK. Yes, its Polis Massa, where both sides use AAT, and if you play as CIS, you can walk out the astroid surface to shoot tanks, and clone soldiers won't be around to annoy you, clones take massive constant damage when outside the space station.

i know! the weapon upgrades are so hard, currently i have 396 endurances, and 234 guardians, 76 war heros and stuff, but only 17 percision pistol and 1 demolition!!!! (and it's 6 kills in one life with pistol, not 9)

it may sound easy, but it's very very heard to stay alive for the duration of the tiem nessary to get the award....

by the way, the cirital spot, is hecka heasy to it on the ATT, it's that BIG BIG BIG hatch on the botton behind it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! duh!!!!!!!!!!!!

not if you go online

Not everyone has the access to online...especially thouse how have consoles and don't have a network adaptor.

i know! the weapon upgrades are so hard, currently i have 396 endurances, and 234 guardians, 76 war heros and stuff, but only 17 percision pistol and 1 demolition!!!! (and it's 6 kills in one life with pistol, not 9)

it may sound easy, but it's very very heard to stay alive for the duration of the tiem nessary to get the award....

by the way, the cirital spot, is hecka heasy to it on the ATT, it's that BIG BIG BIG hatch on the botton behind it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! duh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have noticed many people have much more awards then me....probably due to the fact that I don't play as much as most people, though I still have quite a significant amount awards. IMO, it's not that hard to stay around or a certain duration of time for most awards. There is only awars I have yet to achieve is the demolition award.

The easiest way to get awards is not to play seriously. Just set up Hoth or Geonosis with no AI to practice demolitions, for example. If you're good at bombing, then space levels are excellant for getting all the way up to "War Hero". Kamino is good for sniping as the rebels vs Imps, because the bots tend to stand still and don't fire at you ver agressively.

Well, playing AI with the right weapon on the right level makes you get bonuses fast: Here are some clues, I will post a nice list later:

1) ALWAYS turn FF OFF, turn it OFF. Yes, Friendly Fire = OFF. Shooting your guys kinda reduce chance of award.

2) More AI players are better, but not too much. AI numbers of 20-24 per side is good.

3) Things are slow at start-up and towards the end, so increase reenforcement numbers, 250ish is good, but can be more.

4) Key to getting Awards is to maintain a constant situation at choke points, that means ton't go overboard on shooting and let your team take over.

5) Switch teams if necessary. FOllow up on point no. 4.

OK, good levels to use, and what for:

1) Kamino:

Play GCW(CW is bad cause you can't kill droidekas too quickly, and chainguns ruins killstreaks).

Great map for snipering, and rifle training, pistol training too.

Keep the fighting at the central platform, always snipe the gunners(great sniping targets) Also good for war hero. I can get like 10+ sniper awards per game on 300 re per side.

2) Polis Massa:

As CIS ONLY

Car-Jacking Haven, and demolition haven. In Space, no one can hear you acream, and clones won't be running around outside stopping your car jacking.

Also good for shotguns, rifles, and war hero. Just stand right outside the garage door forcefield, slide in and fire, then slide out. You won't get hurt with the infinite force field!! To get war hero, drive tank and shoot down the corridor.

3) Hoth

Imperials:

War Hero feast with ATAT, you get them quick.

Rebels:

Tank Busting ... yay.

I find space maps good for the pistol award. Board the enemy ship and stay in one of the subsystem rooms. Shoot any spawning droids. The AI doesn't attack you when you are in one of their ship turrets (at least they haven't attacked me yet). Use this to your advantage. If there are too many bots in the main room, jump in a turret and wait until they leave. You can also jump around from seat to seat and get across the room faster.

Another place to get kills is in the hanger. Use the fighters as cover and shoot the bot before they get into their vehicles. It is possible to slice into a fighter before the bot leaves the hanger. If you don't think you will be able to slice into the fighter, place a time bomb on it. The ship will blow up when it leaves the hanger. Easy way to get War Hero too.

Archived