Home

Gang Wars

Curt-Man

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green followed Palmer back to the car.

--------------

Meg met John and immediately apologized for being a little sick. "It happened quickly," she said. It sounded as if she'd picked up a cold. "But don't worry, it won't keep me from being of use to you."

"Alright." John said. Something was different about her. "I've seen you preform under worse conditions. So the plan is very simple, which will confuse the Destroyers, seeing as we usually use complex plans. Anyhow, we go in, set charges at key structural points, then blow the place to bits. Now obviously not all of the Destoryers will be dead, but this wll deal a severe blow to their motivation, in which case we can wipe them all out." As John was saying this he was also watching Meg, to see her reactions, the way she moved and everything else he knew about her. She wasn't the same.

"...You're not Meg..." and in a flash he had both his guns out and pointed at her head. "Better start talking."

"She's busy," the fake told him, dropping the imitation voice. "I work for her. She trained me. Whenever she's busy those of us who look a lot like her will take her place." She paused. "I'm impressed. Most people can't tell the difference."

Mike thumbed through the report.

"Ah-ha!" He said. He held out a page denotating the ingredients the Strikers used in their brand of C-4.

"Take that down to Louie in the lab. Tell him to check if that's what the explosives were made of."

When she left, he quickly called up an ex-FBI friend.

"Hey, you got some time?"

"Yeah."

"I need you to run a photo comparision for me. One photo to fifteen other ones. Sending them to you now."

He sent Meg's photo, and the photos for the rest of the agents from Twin Falls.

"All right, I'll send you the results in a couple of minutes...."

Mike waited

The ex-FBI man made the comparisons and wasn't quite sure what to make of the results. All fifteen matched Meg in one way or another. Two matched her picture closely enough that a computer couldn't tell the difference.

------------

Green nodded and ran off to do as she was told.

The ex-FBI man sent the results back to Mike. Mike sent them to Donnie, and called him.

"Hey, I found something interesting, check it out." He said.

"All right."

They hung up. Donnie checked the pictures and profiles, and found them interesting. He called Meg/Green/Teri.

"I repeat," the fake said calmly. "She's busy right now. She can't come. It's why she sent me. We've never worked with the Destroyers and it's not our intent to do so now." She sighed. "If you want, I'll leave, but I can do just as much for you as the real woman, so if you're willing, I'll help you."

--------------

Green was on her way back to Palmer when her phone started buzzing. She turned aside and answered, "Yes?"

"We do work in multiple cities," the fake answered. "It's a well-established network. We help those that need help, legal or not. This city's standard Meg had to go help in another city. I'm the stand-in that looks most like her. So here I am."

"Well, I'm looking at some very interesting pictures here...." He flipped through the different profiles. Some of them looked like they could be Meg.

"Well, your name could be Teri, or" He began naming off the ones who looked similar to Meg, in order from the most like her to the least.

Archived