Home

NGE(New Game Enhancement) Thread Only post here

Guest DarthMaulUK

Will the NGE make you stay,go or comeback to Galaxies?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Will the NGE make you stay,go or comeback to Galaxies?

• Stay
    • i'm outta here
    • I'm coming back
    • undecided

Guest DarthMaulUK

I have decided to place all discussions about the NGE here. News emerged today that the new Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit, will be released on November 22nd priced at $19.99 (around £50, although it will be sold at £19.99 in the UK.

Details of the Starter Kit can be found here

Please tell us your views of the NGE, ideas, things you like, dislike and importantly will this keep you playing Galaxies, bring you back or force you away?

DMUK

I'm staying until it goes live, so I see what happens to my future Trader-Engineer. Then we shall see.

Not liking the removal of decay. Not liking Jedi no longer being hunted by BHs, two thirds of which became BHs specifically so they could hunt Jedi. I suspect two of my big earners - repair kits and BH droids - are gonna start flopping. That leaves my cl30 combat droids... frel.

I quit playing in early August, and I've been wanting to start again, but the way it was it wasn't worth the $15 each month. But if this is any good, I'll definately reconsider playing again, but I'm still gonna wait a bit to see what people think of it.

Im undecided. I quit quite a few months back but this is sounding quite promising IMO. I will have to wait till after the patch is out and hear the overall reaction and then maybe see about testing it out myself. My biggest setback is Dial up as Highspeed isn't offered here quite yet.

So it looks like someone noticed what awful timing it was to pull this NGE business right after the expansion...

I know what happened! Mace Windu walked into Lucasarts and kicked ass!

"The path of the righteous player is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the dev team and the tyranny of CSRs. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the troll through the forums of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of censored threads. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy the gameplay. And you will know that my name is Windu when I lay my lightsaber upon thee!"

*insert lightsaber ignition sound here*

• 2 weeks later...

I abandoned my year old toon in favor of the test center in the vain hopes that SOE will listen to the testers after about 4 minutes of playing the NGE garbage. Every reason to play SWG was killed for me with this crapily done remake of what was once a fantastic game (and I don't even like starwars, but the game was fantastic). Now it's everquest for stupid f#@!ers who can't figure out a skill tree. I ahve a 7 year old with a reading disability who figured out the skill tree without my help. (I let him play it as long as he didn't bug me to tell him what to do) He got to cl 22 in about a month of maybe 5 hours a week before the nge, so obviously the excuse of "people are complaining about how hard it is" is total bull. Sure, there are advanced things that some people need help figureing out (droid commands for star ships, where elite trainers are, how to afford armour to get money to buy armour, etc...) but then exploration of mechanics is part of any good game. This doesn't even have the flexability of everquest with teh 2 points you can choose which path you watn to go down in creation. Bring back the skill tree, and tell the idiots to go play pong, or WOW if pong is too hard.

Archived