Home

Incinerator, to powerfull?

Darth Alec

In the hands of a bot, the Incinerator is way to powerfull. Yeah, sure some people will just say "take it out from a distance, loser", yes I understand that argument, but what to if you have to go close in on them, and they are under cover, like Yavin? Then you have a problem, don't you? I have atleast.

Does anyone other than me think that the Incinerator might be the singel most overpowered bot weapon in the game?

The Incenerator in the hands of a Bothan is lethal, I mean like you said on Yavin it was hard to be able to kill the three Bothans inside the base, but I used long range explosives (Shocktrooper), but to answer your question yes it is overpowered and it should be retoned, but I've never tried it before, and I probably should if it can kill you that easily.

Hmm, Ive never really had a problem with it, sure it can kill you pretty quick but I don't find it kills me with more regularity then any other weapon. Then again, I haven't been playing for very long so I might not have experianced how annoying they can be. So far though I think there pretty balanced, Bothans have very low health, so unless there really sneaky they won't get many kills before they themselves are killed. But as of right now I think the weapon is fine.

Yep, Ive used it several times, usually I only get one or two guys by surprise and am then shot down by others while I attempt to reload because there out of my range. Actually I don't think much of it at all, I kind of wish the bothan had some kind of pistol so he wouldn't be completely useless at long ranges. Sure the incinerator is deadly to the few who are right next to the bothan, but other then that he's almost completely helpless weaponwise. But then again I haven't used him to much, maybe I haven't been able to use the incinerator to it's full potential...

I actually haven't found the Bothans to hard to deal with at all. Their guns are good at short range and only short range, so if they get in close your suppossed to be screwed; I'd rather have it how it is than have some medium gun thats good at medium ranges. It makes it less fun and the Bothan another incredibly boring character. I also think that you shouldn't have to reload after every burst, it ruins the point of getting in close.

The Bothan Spy is one of my favorite units. I don't think he is overpowered. It takes a direct hit for almost the full length of the burn to kill a unit and you have to reload again. All you need to do is get out of range when you are attacked. The range is very small. As soon as you hear the flaming sound, roll or sprint for a second and you are out of the bothan's range. Your health will be low, but the bothan has no other weapon. He will be reloading with little energy to dodge and you can take him out. If the spy has gotten the powerups, you'd be dead before you have a change to dodge (hence another reason the powerups are bad).

A spy has to closely track its enemy to score a kill. This is normally done from behind. Any friendly units fireing on the same enemy unit normal hit the spy too, killing it or turning him visible before its in range to attack (meaning the enemy kills the bothan). I am snipped many times by frendly units because of this. Even if frendly fire is off, when a spy is hit, he turns visible. Spamming a field with bullets will display any invisible units.

yes, spamming a field with bullets this the best way, and then just run backwards while shooting at them, it won't take long.....

and the final objective on yavin4 isn't hard at all, all the reb leaders, INCLUDING the bothan, has a big YELLOW ARROW arove there heads, inpossible to miss... and yes a few good shots (headshots not nessary) kil a bothan rather quickly....

Well, I play with friendly fire off(I hate games with ff on) but I have no problem with the dogface. Sure they are nasty clsoe range, but they are also low in health. Just spray your guns before you move in and its all good. Remember, they blink out if they get hit, if they survive the shots.

Also, If you get those Bonus Weapons/Powers then you should have no problem definitely.

For Yavin I had used a Shocktrooper, which I blew away the first Bothan (He was on a staircase without his cloaking device on with a rocket, then the other two I threw grenades to cause damage to where I would see them and shot them both with a rocket, they were tricky, because it made me respawn, due to the fact i didn't know how powerful they can be.

I just used a dark trooper as well, I killed the first two bothans without realizing they were the leaders as it was pretty chaotic in the temple... but then I kept getting sniped as I tried to kill the final bothan, I fineally made it and had to charge up my gun while he was incinerating me, I had only an invisible sliver of health remaining when I fineally shot and killed him. Youve got to be careful, the incinerator can be deadly if you underestimate it's power, or are unfamiliar with it's strengths and weaknesses.

The stealth device is a primary weapon. So put the incinerator away and you'll get it. Fire it to use. It takes stamina to use the first time, but stays constant. The faster you move, the worse the cloaking effect is, when stamina drops to 0, or you fire a gun, reload or gain ammo, you decloak.

• 2 weeks later...
I just used a dark trooper as well, I killed the first two bothans without realizing they were the leaders as it was pretty chaotic in the temple... but then I kept getting sniped as I tried to kill the final bothan, I fineally made it and had to charge up my gun while he was incinerating me, I had only an invisible sliver of health remaining when I fineally shot and killed him. Youve got to be careful, the incinerator can be deadly if you underestimate it's power, or are unfamiliar with it's strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah i also find the Dark Trooper is best to kill the Rebel leaders, as i charge it up fully before i enter the room they are in, and then i let it go in the general direction they are in. Even if some have their cloaking device on, they still get zapped. I can often kill 2 with one fully charged zap, and wound the 3rd.

Archived