Home

Most touching moment in Grim Fandango

Kald0rei

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That always gets me down because I never know what to do afterwards

That is very true, I end up in a daze, my mind still off in the world of GF and I just wonder around without purpose. It's like waking up from an excellent dream.

For me, it has to be where Manny parts ways with Glottis. The game gradually makes Glottis into an extremely endearing character. The parting of Manny and Glottis also kind of brought out the separation between the Land of the Dead and the Ninth Underworld, and the fact that there is no point of return. These two factors, combined with the whole end sequence, made this into a highly emotional moment for me.

The bit for me was the conversations with...err..Membrillo i think it is...the coroner. It sent chills down my spine and the music is so...deep in that scene. Another one is the end when Manny gets shot and the confrontation with Hector. The part where Sal dies is another and the fact that someone finally gets the better on Olivia. Of course the scythe part is another moment of deep sadness; to see the great leader's body broken in a field of flowers. Lola's death was another one; real sadness.

The most touching moment for me is where Manny has to say goodbye to Glottis. It gets to me every time and of course the scene where Lola dies is very touching as well

Agreed. Such a finely crafted ending.

Also, while the credits roll and the song Manny & Meche plays in the background. Gets me every time. :(

I'm agreeing with the skeleton crossing into the underworld. Chepito...no?

Also, the whole scene where Salvador Limones died. I just...that was the only part that made me cry. (Well tear up)

The first big moment though was when Manny created the Calavera club. I thought it was very cool to see him climb to the top through all of his side-careers but Domino was always convincing him that he would amount to nothing.

• 1 month later...

Where Chepito just walk off into the next world...made me think, "wow, that guy sure has guts"

Also when Olivia betrays you..i always thought she was reliable upto that point and i was just like "no you killed Salvador!" then Salvador sacrifices himself, which is sad...but he does away with Olivia at the same time!

The bit where manny uncovers Salvador's body is also very moving. Manny just keeps that same facial expression while he unearths him.

And of course, the end was very emotional. Because its a tear jerking scene and its the end of the best game ever.

• 2 weeks later...

3 moments alway got me.

The poem manny and Dockmaster Valasco read when you look at the moon, it has always sent a shiver down my spine.

The reaping of the flowers to uncover Salvador, one of my beloved characters.

Leaving Glottis. He had been such a true freind to Manny for 4 long years and they will never see each other again. It actually made my eyes well up when i last played it.

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts on the beginning of Year 4, during my first play-through, were "Aww, crap, what is this place? I want out of here, there is nothing exciting here and those little mechanic creatures bug the hell out of me! Hey, was that my second favourite character riding a train to Hell? Damn!"

So, I guess I didn't feel very calm. ;)

Gosh there were so many moments and it's been a while since I played GF. I'll have to pull it out again and get back to you with an answer.

But I remember the best feeling for me was when I got to the end of the world and found out I had to go back and stop Hector. For me it was "Yes! The fun isn't over YET!" Probably becuase I was expecting it to be over when I got to the end of the world.

And it was cool to see the changes at locations as I went back.

That must have been at the start of year four. Did anyone else feel that way?

So many great moments and memories from this game.

The most touching moment would be in the end, where you see manny and meche kissing and that nostalgic music is playing in the background and you see the train dissapeering into the temple.

The Manny & Meche music at the credits it's another one where you feel a sour troat...

But the moment I most remember is when I was playing the demo that i got from "PC Magazine en Español" back in 1999 and I saw those skeleton pigeons and your mission was to get eggs from them.... just brilliant and original. After completing the demo i needed to get this game immediately!!

The most stirring moment was when Velasco set out to find the Lamancha in Puerto Zapato. I thought it was captivating how one man waited for so long, just to return to his true love, and how one man's bond with the sea would keep him from traveling to Ninth Heaven.

While other men in the Land of the dead stayed out of fear, Velasco stayed out of love, and would travel any distance just to return to the ocean he revered. THAT makes him a true hero.

Also, I'd like to give a nod to Membrillo's infamous quote, which managed to show that even in negativity, the human soul is inspired.

"We may have years

We may have hours

But sooner or later

We push up flowers"

Finally, I thought that Raoul was incredibly disheartening when he got locked in the cupboard. I actually felt sadder then, than when Lola Died (meh). He was such a figure of authority and power, only to be reduced to a groveling child at the onset of his primal fear. Poor Raoul...

Finally, I thought that Raoul was incredibly disheartening when he got locked in the cupboard. I actually felt sadder then, than when Lola Died (meh). He was such a figure of authority and power, only to be reduced to a groveling child at the onset of his primal fear. Poor Raoul...

:D You know, I think I'm going to like you. Great sense of humour and a brilliant avatar.

:D You know, I think I'm going to like you. Great sense of humour and a brilliant avatar.

• 3 weeks later...

Eh i liked how when you got a cat from the clown in year one manny would say: its a squeaky little kitty. And when you would run past eva with it in your pocket you would make a squeak sound and she would say: what is that horrible squeaking noise your making. Then manny would say: new shoes

Archived