Home

Teamkillers

Hoad

Well you know how when your playing a game, and you get bored of playing it after a while, but you don't want to quit?

When that happens to me I pick up a sniper rifle and i start shooting out the drivers from full friendly warthogs, and stuff like that.

It gives me about half an hour or so extra playing time before I finally do quit.

The only permanent solution is to only play on servers that have Friendly Fire (aka Team Damage) OFF, and if you host a server, to turn it off yourself.

The trouble of course is with noob admins. The default setting is to have FF on and so most people use it. Others insist on it, yet whine about TKing, constantly...

Frankly I think the people who whine about TKers need to lighten up. If you enable the option to kill your teammates, noobs and griefers will abuse it.

If you think it's "more fun" or "more realistic" to have Team Damage on, and you inisist on it, then it's up to you to suck it up and not get so upset and let it ruin your fun if people start TKing.

Another way to avoid TKing is to play private games with your clan or an organized tournament or LAN game. At least then you can agree beforehand you're not going to TK on purpose. ;)

During the beta I tried to team kill often to try to get some people to realize how silly it was to leave it on. But eventually I got bored of then when I realized how easy it was to host your own server with FF off. ;)

Honestly I wish they'd made FF off the default, so that more people would use it that way, rather than how it is now with most servers using it (and thus having either lots of whiners or lots of people getting "punished" for it).

Even if you turn off friendly fire some people still find ways to be annoying, like knocking you down continually with vehicle fire, or destroying the vital systems of their own teams capital ship. People can always find new and creative ways to be complete idiots. I'm just glad the new voting system is faster, and easier to understand then the one in SWBF1.

Well who cares, honestly. As long as they can't kill you, just ignore it.

They can still destroy critical systems... what?? That shouldn't even be possible WITH friendly fire on. You can't destroy your own vehicles (except by crashing them on purpose, for example). That must be a glitch in the game, because otherwise you could LOSE on purpose by destroying all your own stuff!

Well it's kind of hard to ignore it if it keeps knocking you down, not allowing you to move. I swear they can keep you there for the whole game, if you don't respawn. Although this isn't as big an issue in SWBF2 as vehicles don't throw you nearly as much, heck I don't think they cause units to go flying at all now that I think about it...

and as for the critical systems well, the only thing onboard a capital ship you can destroy with FF on is the Auto Turret system, I think because its a "neutral" structure, like a droid, or the Mustafar bridge controls, you can tell because it's health is white instead of red or blue.

Maybe thats somthing they could fix in a patch... make the Auto-defense aligned to a side, like the other systems, instead of neutral where it can be damaged by friendly fire, I know it's not a big issue, but it could be potentially annoying. If they fix that then the only annoying things they could do in space is blow up unmanned ships and destroy droids, since droids are so easy to repair and ships respawn so fast these annoyances would be hardly noticable.

...If they fix that then the only annoying things they could do in space is blow up unmanned ships and destroy droids, since droids are so easy to repair and ships respawn so fast these annoyances would be hardly noticable.

No, they can place a time bomb on the ship right when you get into it. Also, putting a time bomb where a ship will respawn will blow up the new ship and make everyone stay a fair distance from the area. Then you can run in a place a new time bomb for the next new ship...

I think even with FF off, TKers can still blowup their own unmanned ships. With no one in them I don't think they're actually aligned, since enemy players can come in and fly them away. So they could probably stand in the hanger and time bomb all the spawning ships. That would get very annoying too.

Ah good point. Then again, unmanned ground vehicles can be taken by enemies and you can't destroy your own vehicles (though I think you can as a Jedi).

Unless I'm wrong? Maybe anyone can destroy any unmanned vehicle... I may be confusing JA Siege with SWBF2. ;P

If I were a TKer, I'd go hero and then mow down my team. On the other hand killing teammates lowers your bar every time, so I guess you'd have to kill some, then kill some enemies, then TK some more, etc. you'd have to be good.. ;)

Even with FF off, Push/Grip/Pull city!

Vehicles are still probably the best method.

Archived