Home

First experience with JK/MotS

Loopster

I heard about it my senior year in high school. A good friend of mine who was a total star wars geek (even bigger than me at the time) showed it to me in a magazine. I was like "huh, so what" because I thought the boxy graphics looked silly (this was back when fast polygonal games were still fairly new on the PC). Then in college he showed me the game (when it finally came out) and I was blown away by the gameplay. It so FUN. We played a lot, my friend, my roommate and I. I'd say we played that whole first semester hardcore. And I played the game for another 3 years after that (and the expansion of course). So needless to say the rest is history!

i was looking for a game that i could play on my PC (~427Mhz) and i discovery DF2, initialy i didnt like what i see (on google images) since im not big fan of first person shoter. but im a fan o SW series (arent we all?!) and i get the demo. then i realyze that it has a 3º person view and light sabers!!!! i remember that i became so happy i try to buy one on store, but they were 'out of line' than i buy a used one, hehehe. the game was fantastic. it was realy realy fun to paly a game welding light sabers. i remember that all my others weapons start to remain full ammo since i get the saber...

one of the best games that i have ever played. and good grapchis for its time.

lol i was 8 years old. I saw it in the Shop and my parents bought me it for my birthday. On that day i even got Mots. I was damn happy. I didn't understand any word of english when i was 8 but i knew, it was a cool game lol. I was always scared of the Grans with melee and scared of the Gamorrians and of course - the Kell Dragons.

I still love the game, and i still play it. When i was 8 i became a Star Wars Fan (that was 1997 - Star Wars Special Edition) and this was my first Star Wars Game.

I learned about JK a few months before it came out, sometime during the mid-late summer of 1997. I can't remember how exactly, it was probably by accident while I was looking for another mouthful of Dark Forces user-made levels to play (I was downloading them by the dozens a week at one point). I remember eventually finding out that the minimum system requirements were higher than anything I had at the time (Pentium 75Mhz, 16MB RAM, no video card) so, somewhat bummed, I didn't buy it when it came out figuring there wasn't much of a point. A friend at school loaned me his copy in November or December and I decided to see if I could actually play it. Turns out I could! It was frustratingly sluggish at times and levels took minutes to load but when I blasted that first duo of Gran and the bartender told me to hit the trail for always causing trouble, I couldn't have cared less. Dark Forces had let me walk around in the Star Wars universe, and now JK let me do it in 3D with tons more content. What more could I have asked for!?

My first experience with multiplayer was just playing over a direct modem-to-modem connection with a friend from school. I remember Jeff Walter's Carida map (anyone remember that one with the flying carpet?), which we thought was the best thing ever. Eventually I got around to playing internet games too.

I had never heard of MotS until I saw it in stores one day in March of '98. It rocked too. That same month my parents bought a Pentium 233Mhz w/ MMX, 48MB RAM computer that I added a 3dfx card to during the summer, so I wasn't stuck in slow, blurry 320x240 forever. :)

I was following the games developments, I do remember that much. I was a huge Dark Forces fan, and was anxiously awaiting Jedi Knight. I remember downloading the demo, and playing the Bespin map over and over with people. Once the game was released that's when the fun started... this game was an absolute blast to play, both single player and especially multiplayer. There were alot of really great custom levels people made that ensured this game had a long life, MoTS was very cool too. This game thrived for a long time - great memories I have of this game.

• 4 weeks later...

I first discoverd JK right after it was released. I had just bought my first computer. My now X-wife's cousin had come over to the house and watched me play it for a bit then he decided to go get himself a copy. From there we started connecting over the phone directly and use to stay up till sunrise playing and goofing around in the levels. Very kewl memories.

• 1 month later...

I think that the first time i heard about it was when i was about 9 or 10..this was about a year or two after mots...I think. I downloaded the demo of Mots and freeking loved it. (freeking spelled wrong but thats ok) I was at my friends house who lives in new york at the time...its tough to get from RI to NY quickly enough to play games and then leave...so i forgot about it until about...hmmm...8th grade when one of my friends was talking about Star Wars games...I asked him what his favortie was and he said Mots and JK..so then I remembered the games and was like "If I bring in some disks could you burn it for me..." he said yea and the next day i got them and played them constantly for like two or three days (It was the weekend and my parents went away, so I stayed up the entire time. Eating and playing games)

Wow, skimming through this thread, y'all are young! I was in my 4th year of uni, some comp sci friends of mine had it and I loved it. I didn't play it or see it again until about 6 months ago. I'm VERY behind on PC games, so it doesn't look THAT old to me. This game is awesome, and reminds me of why I used to love Star Wars so much (before The Dark Time began, Jan. 1997).

Well I just got a PC around the time it coming out. Bought MOTS first, then found out I needed JKDF2, so I went back and got it and MOTS again. Ive had alot of memories on these games. Thats where I started, its my roots. JKDF2 and MOTS was the golden days of gaming. I also started in my first clan on MOTS, DK The Dark Knights lead by Sithlink. I did take over and had a good run in the MSN Zone. Gotta love the MSN Zone baby! Now im in JA making fan films, dont really play it that much due to how the players has changed over the years. Atleast back then the word "lame" didnt excist.

Archived