Home

Hero Assault on Hoth?

Commander Obi-Wan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the hex editing of SWBF2 has begun. ;)

In SWBF1 people figured out how to change the classes you can choose (swapping in npc's and jedi as playable for example).

They obviously edited Hoth to become a Hero Assault mission (check the HUD... no lightsaber bar, so it's not Conquest mode). And likely edited the classes as well (Han with the saber).

In order to play this you'd need the modified LVL files the person used.

Anyway, they have to be using edited files, because hot1g_eli and hot1c_eli both get fatal errors, and there's no other way I know of to get more than two heroes at a time like what you see in the picture (which doesn't appear to be faked).

If you know how to use UltraEdit and have some time on your hands, go for it!

Okay I guess you're right, there is a second Mace Windu in the shot (you can see his boots behind Secura's bottom). The head of that one person in the back I can't quite make out. And there's one green blade I don't know what it's connected to...

Well, in any case, it still has to be edited, because there's no Hoth Assault map. And I'm fairly sure that's Hoth and not Rhen Var, because of the hangar-like trimmings behind them.

Wow, 11 Heroes in one shot! (players or bots, that's still pretty impressive... though probably players 'cause it looks almost posed... bots normally don't cluster up like that so much, unless it was a huge glitch!).

saberdance5tb.gifconcussion4vh.gifblasterp2eg.gif

e113aj.gifraildet0lu.gifsaber-smash.gif

I think it might be cool if you were limited to one of each type of hero, but say you could have multiple heroes on a team live at once. Like say you could unlock Leia, Han and Luke for the rebels on the Death Star, and Vader, Palpatine and Fett for the Imperials. Or on Geonosis, Dooku, Jango and Grievous for the CIS and Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Obi-Wan (or Aayla Secura) for the Republic.

I think it might be cool if you were limited to one of each type of hero, but say you could have multiple heroes on a team live at once. Like say you could unlock Leia, Han and Luke for the rebels on the Death Star, and Vader, Palpatine and Fett for the Imperials. Or on Geonosis, Dooku, Jango and Grievous for the CIS and Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Obi-Wan (or Aayla Secura) for the Republic.

I'd find that pretty cool too. Well, the picture that I posted of Hero Assualt on Hoth, Darth Maul is screwed once the shield is down.

Well the Force itself is an energy field and the Force can block the Force. So who knows...

But yeah, if it's "everywhere" then you'd think it wouldn't be stopped by a force field.

In JK1/MotS you could force grip people through thin glass and Force fields, for example.

In Episode I they showed us that a force field can apparently stop the Force, as otherwise why didn't Qui Gon and Maul try to attack each other through the red fields (that even a saber couldn't do anything to)... or why didn't Qui Gon and Obi-Wan use the Force against the Droidekas with their shields up (even Anakin and Obi-Wan in ROTS don't try this). Then there's the "Ray Shields" incident in ROTS.

Why not use the Force to locate and disable the shield projector? Apparently this doesn't occur to the movie characters! So either they're ignorant, or perhaps there are some shields that can block the Force, somehow...

Archived