What Force alignment do you use?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Force alignment do you use?

• Light Side
    • Dark Side

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both. It depends on the game type. Originally, when I first got Jedi Knight 1, I played light side. I later came to think the dark side was more powerful, and I used that for a while. Many people died at my hands. But now I find the light side to be most useful.

In Capture the Flag games, I usually use the light side. Heal, Absorb, and sometimes Mind Trick are great force powers for both defensive and offensive needs. Sometimes I use the dark side, though - it depends on the map. Grip is great for throwing attackers off ledges and the like.

Both, really. I play Dark Side, until the lack of heal gets too much for me, then Light Side, until the lack of grip gets too much for me. Although I don't think absorb is as much use in NS streets as you say, because you can't have it on all the time, right? And a good player is just going to wait until it wears off, or jump you before you get a chance to turn it on. It takes about 0.05 of a second to throw someone off a ledge, and most people don't react that fast.

And a good player is just going to wait until it wears off, or jump you before you get a chance to turn it on. It takes about 0.05 of a second to throw someone off a ledge, and most people don't react that fast.

Where did you get that figure from? It takes much longer than that (in basejka multiplayer, anyway). And a good player would therefore kill the enemy before Absorb wears off, or activate it in advance, knowing what the opponent likes to do.

in JA Single Player i prefer the Dark side, since i can such enemies life, use a 'invulnerabilty' for some time and be more agressive.

the bad side its that im vulnerable to force atacks and in Vjun (not sure about the name) the acid rain consum my skin, and i often need a enemie to such his life. otehr bad side its that i dont use the 'mind trick' so enemies with concussion rifles are dangerous.

in DF2 i chose the light path, dont remember now the skills, but the light ones atract me more in time (i remember that Dark had a ridiculous skill that throw debris...)

on KOTOR i chose the lightside, since i realy like the sith alingment, but to be a sith on KOTOR you must say ofencive speacks, and i prefer kill ppl then keep saying stuff like that $#%@# for a few dark points

in mine opinion, the dark side its more align to a jedi that wants power then a bad person. my humble opinion..

in DF2 i chose the light path, dont remember now the skills, but the light ones atract me more in time (i remember that Dark had a ridiculous skill that throw debris...)

Light side has Absorb, Persuasion, Blinding, Protection, Healing.

Dark side has Throw, Grip, Lightning, Destruction, Deadly Sight.

Light side has Absorb, Persuasion, Blinding, Protection, Healing.

Dark side has Throw, Grip, Lightning, Destruction, Deadly Sight.

thanks, i remember that i could throw debris on ppl, but these debris are very few. im not sure, but this skill dont exist in the expansion misteries of the sith..

Dark Side, mostly. I would have used Light Side but I'm a fast-paced player so I find choke, lightning and drain more satisfying than heal, absorb or the other ones...

i agree with you. and these skills are very good to finish enemies too. i can engage a jedi, take much of his life by saber then cast a lightin or life drain to finish it. very, very cool.

these skills are very good to finish enemies too. i can engage a jedi, take much of his life by saber then cast a lightin or life drain to finish it.

Dark Side, mostly. I would have used Light Side but I'm a fast-paced player so I find choke, lightning and drain more satisfying than heal, absorb or the other ones...

And what do you do when the person is using Absorb? ;)

I think I can see a billion DS answers, but I was curious what everyone played as. It might be interesting to see what the advantages of a LS user vs. a DS user are.

Both. I prefer to play the Hero, so in these types of games I always go good guy first, then play bad guy to get the villians' point of view. ;)

For multiplayer, I played both in each game but typically fell into lightside out of habit. In JA the same is true and I normally play LS, so I break out of it occasionally to train with DS and get better at that. Thanks to Siege of course I frequently get to play Dark or Light or some combination (since some of the Jedi characters are more neutral).

Or Force Pushes you off a cliffside? Or even funnier yet, pulls out the 2-gun and slowly blasts you?

(I can't remember the name of the weapon, I call it the 2-gun because that's the button I hit to activate it.)

The DL-44 BlasTech Pistol? That's a great weapon.

or you can just wait out the absorb, drain his pool empty and then take a pick.

But a good light-sider isn't going to just stand there. He (or even she!) will kill you before it runs out. And while Absorb is active, he/she will be able to heal, while you will not.

i always wondered why they replaced the bryar with the blastech...

They didn't really replace it. You can still acquire the Bryar Pistol via cheats, or if a mapper includes it in the map. I suppose they just wanted to give the player a standard gun with unlimited ammo - so they added in the DL-44 BlasTech Pistol.

Archived