Home

Which alignment do you use? (JA)

StaffSaberist

What Force alignment do you use?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Force alignment do you use?

• Light Side
    • Dark Side

But a good light-sider isn't going to just stand there. He (or even she!) will kill you before it runs out. And while Absorb is active, he/she will be able to heal, while you will not.

It was well known in jk2, that darksides benefits far outweighs its failings, they are brought closer together in JA, but darkside still triumphs in any duel where the darksider knows what he is doing. LS ppl forget absorb makes noise, and since a darksider isnt going to give you any force while you have it on, you will eventially run out (ticked off by the sound quitting) and will procede to drain you and keep you at 0/low force while he sabers you up, taking a break to drain back health any time (s)he needs it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was well known in jk2, that darksides benefits far outweighs its failings, they are brought closer together in JA, but darkside still triumphs in any duel where the darksider knows what he is doing. LS ppl forget absorb makes noise, and since a darksider isnt going to give you any force while you have it on, you will eventially run out (ticked off by the sound quitting) and will procede to drain you and keep you at 0/low force while he sabers you up, taking a break to drain back health any time (s)he needs it.

But light-side triumphs when the lightsider knows what he is doing. What about players that only activate Absorb when the opponent is actually using force attacks on them, and deactivate it afterwards? Free force points.

And what's stopping the lightsider from killing the darksider while using Absorb?

But a good light-sider isn't going to just stand there. He (or even she!) will kill you before it runs out. And while Absorb is active, he/she will be able to heal, while you will not.

Ha ha ha ha no.

Any dark sider even half decent at dodging will laugh off your attempts to kill him/her unless you procure a gun besides the pistol. What'll happen, if they are good, is that they'll bunny hop like mad at such a range that they can hear when your absorb fades. You can't Throw them, because if you do you just waste Force that doesn't regen while Absorb is up. And once it goes down, you get sucked dry by Drain, as Absorb has a one second delay before it can be reactivated and Force does not auto regen when it is up. You have to have godly movement skill to beat Drain without absorb, and judging from what you say, you don't.

I am frigging exclusively Light Side except in Jedi Master. I know what the hell I'm talking about. I've taken on the likes of mediablitz (and actually won a few times). The fact is, lightsiders are so ****ed against Drain it isn't funny.

Any dark sider even half decent at dodging will laugh off your attempts to kill him/her unless you procure a gun besides the pistol. What'll happen, if they are good, is that they'll bunny hop like mad at such a range that they can hear when your absorb fades. You can't Throw them, because if you do you just waste Force that doesn't regen while Absorb is up. And once it goes down, you get sucked dry by Drain, as Absorb has a one second delay before it can be reactivated and Force does not auto regen when it is up. You have to have godly movement skill to beat Drain without absorb, and judging from what you say, you don't.

What about Force Push? You can knock them down and use Throw while they are down. Some n00bs consider that unethical. I say only if that's all you do. Bunny-hopping uses Force Points too, you know, unless you jump so low they can just saber you.

I am frigging exclusively Light Side except in Jedi Master. I know what the hell I'm talking about. I've taken on the likes of mediablitz (and actually won a few times). The fact is, lightsiders are so ****ed against Drain it isn't funny.

Good. I play LS a lot too, and make frequent use of Absorb, Heal, and the occasional Mind Trick. mediablitz, ya say? I'd like a crack at that flamer. Call me a newbie, will he... and if LS is so ****ed, as you say, why not play DS? Absorb is an excellent power vs. the Dark Side, and I don't turn it on unless Force-Attacked. Sure, that means I take a little from Lightning, but I dish it back out with my Staff, or a gun if he gets away.

Bunny hopping does not use Force if executed properly. Second, they will also be so damn fast most swings you attempt will just miss without insane timing that almost no one has. Third, using Push and Throw is an even worse idea than just throw, as doing that ENSURES you'll have no Force after Absorb is down and thus youll be a sitting duck to PT/GT/Lightning/etc.

Oh, by the way... Ha ha ha. You'd get dominated so hard by mediablitz it isn't funny.

Do you have anything to do besides post flame-bait? That last sentence makes me want to have a crack at both of you, now. More inspiration to get better.

I was called a n00b because I said I like JA+. I like it because I can gun those people who spend all their time on the Grapple Hook. I say good riddiance to MxBxZ and his aliases. He's a flamin' jerk, even to Kurgan. Kurgan, most mods on other forums would ban him the second he admitted to a duplicate login. You're too nice. ;)

Regardless of mediablitz' attitude, the fact remains that he would most likely utterly destroy you. If I can't beat him, the fact is that the majority of JA players can't do it either. Take it as arrogance or WTFever, but also take it as damn true. Also take it as 'damn true' that Dark Side dominates Light Side in duels similarly to the domination scenario with the saber types... It takes incredible skill in a Lightsider to win to a decent Darksider in duel.... It takes even MORE skill to do it in Power Duel, and if the DSer is the single opponent... Your goose is cooked if they decide to Drain.

The FFA I had with him, Rad Blackrose, and some other guys was actually rather fun... I was in 2nd or 3rd too.

OK. So he's good. Whatever. I don't care how good he is - it matters more to me how good I can become. And the fact he can do well in JAMP doesn't make me dislike him any less.

*strokes the delete button on the first post*

No, not yet... let's see if we can get back on topic... topic was what advantages do each sides of the Force have, and what is your personal preference, and why...

Ha ha ha ha no.

I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Heh, and I don't, right? You are the master of all knowledge (just like in the saber debate!). Eh, believe what you want.

You have to have godly movement skill to beat Drain without absorb, and judging from what you say, you don't.

Just learn to defeat it. I recommend you practice specifically defeating Drain. You'll get it in no time.

Oh, by the way... Ha ha ha. You'd get dominated so hard by mediablitz it isn't funny.

Have you ever played StaffSaberist? No? Well then.

What'll happen, if they are good, is that they'll bunny hop like mad

So he/she will run away? What's stopping the light-sider from running away upon losing Absorb?

*sigh* OK, I'll get into this...

Heh, and I don't, right? You are the master of all knowledge (just like in the saber debate!). Eh, believe what you want.

Don't care about that quite as much as the air of arrogance that post brought to the thread. (Talking about LV)

Just learn to defeat it. I recommend you practice specifically defeating Drain. You'll get it in no time.

Absorb, saber, repeat second step as necessary...

Have you ever played StaffSaberist? No? Well then.

No comment. The only people I have played yet is a few n00bs with Grapple Hooks and the tendency to abuse Grip. Then call me pathetic for refusing to Grapple.

So he/she will run away? What's stopping the light-sider from running away upon losing Absorb?

Well, he said that they will jump up and down in the air. Very annoying. It also gives the LSer a chance to abandon Absorb, and use Speed to get the hell outta there till they are in more advantagous terrain. Or saber a nearly-dead guy and up their frag count by 1.

Oh please ZeroX2. It's obvious from your posts that you have no clue of some of the finer points of the gameplay mechanics as they apply ingame. You trying to tell me to learn something is a sick joke.

What'll stop the LSer from running away? Wrong question.

Here's the right question: How can I damage him as he's running? DS has the perfect tools. How about Grip? How about Lightning? How about Drain to make sure they aren't getting Force back and you're getting massive amounts of health back? All three are quasi-area of effect attacks, which LS does not have at all.

The point is that no matter what you do against a good Dark Sider you are going to take damage once your Absorb is up UNLESS you are a hiding god (it can be done, it's just that, as I said, the skill required is insane), and the reverse does not necessarily apply if you are a Lightie due to a lack of consistently damaging long range attacks except for Pull Throw, which takes around 40-50 force per shot. Once you do it twice at max your ass is up for a Lightning-delivered roasting or PT/GT-Drain combos.

If I use Speed+Absorb and get away, how will you keep up? By wasting 50 Force Points with speed yourself, after I have a 2 second head start? I find that difficult to believe that you would even consider such a tactic. Were I you at that point, I'd let the guy go, and catch up to him later, fragging others as you see fit.

Say I am facing you. You start winning, so I give you a Saber Staff kick and knock you to the ground. I turn on Speed, and go away. By the time you are back up, either a)I've gotten away, or b)I fell off a cliff somewhere from going too fast and running into a battle. What then, if a is true?

..What others? I've been talking about dueling, not FFA. Closest thing to others' only exists in Power Duel, which is a whole different animal.

Lightning and Drain have greater range than a blade. Second, at that point it can easily come down to who can strafe jump better, which is legitimate. However, you aren't doing damage either, now are you? Hence, in the end, he'll have Speed for a split second after you run out, and more Force than you if he follows. Hello Drain/Lightning I can't defend against!

All you seem to be saying are the following:

-You are better than everybody else (you know everything about the game).

-Anybody that argues with you obviously doesn't know anything about the game, or lacks skill in the game.

-If you have difficulty performing something, it must be impossible, or require tremendous skill. It's inconceivable that you could be doing something wrong.

I guess you just like to argue, right?

There is a delay after which you can activate it again.

But that doesn't stop you activating it. Sure, you'll get hit by some of the dark-side force, but not enough to fully drain or kill you. And when you reactivate Absorb, chances are, you'll absorb some of the opponent's force before he/she can release the button,

Talking about Duels, LV? When did I say this was limited to duels? Never. In duels, yes, the Speed+Absorb strtegy is stupid. I'd be better off using only Speed and running rings around you. That would be funny gor the Spectators to watch. I meant for FFA when I mentioned Speed+Absorb.

In duels, I never use Absorb unless attacked by the Force. Thus, I do take a split-second of damage to health or Force mana. But that isn't really enough to worry about, a slash will take that off. Thus, I regain Force via my opponent, (And I turn off Absorb after the enemy is done) and I lose little health, he OTOH has lost Force Mana. Thus, your arguement is a tad useless.

Now you're just trying to look intelligent. And failing. Miserably.

Considering the fact that the argument between ACDCFanbill, me, and ZeroX2 centered around duel, I see no reason to care about your first paragraph, especially since 'running rings' around someone does no damage and is fairly easily countered even without applying Speed yourself.

As for your second paragraph... i'm sorry, but at this point you must be blind. Absorb makes a sound. Certainly, you've maybe regained a bit of Force, but they've also taken points off either your force or health meters, so chances are you aren't exactly better off. They can easily regenerate themselves by staying out of blade range for Force, and Draining you when Absorb goes down for health (or going for Lightning damage). Either way he gains and you are no better off. You lose. Insert a coin to try again.

Please! What kind of fool do you take us for? No frikken dur, Absorb makes a sound! I don't care! The Force you get back is worth a little sound! And what kind of idiot keeps Absorb on when the enemy is not using Force-based attacks? Sorry, but calling me an idiot and pretending to run the show only works if you are admin-ing a server. So, take this coin and shove it... *remembers that StaffSabetist is a light-ided character*

"you must be blind... absorb makes a sound..."

Um... I'd have to be deaf, right?

Okay, just to make absolutely sure you understand, I'll go over the scenario again:

1. Enemy tries Lightning/Drain/Grip.

2. I turn on Absorb, takibg 5-10 damage at worst.

3. Enemy ceases the futile Force attack.

4. I turn off Absorb, not wanting to waste Force Points.

5. Battle continues as normal. Steps 1-4 are usually repeated once or twice.

Your mileage may vary.

OK, so what's wrong with that? If the enemy wants to waste Force mana. fine. If not... the saber battle returns. I may win or I may not, depending on all the usual factors of saber combat.

Blind in context to reading my posts, obviously.

Why don't I edit in what'll happen when you turn off Absorb?

4. I turn off Absorb, not wanting to waste Force Points.

5a: I am Lightninged as it goes down, meaning I lose Health. Now I can either use Force Healing, which means me using Absorb is delayed, or I simply take the damage as is and Absorb to prevent sustaining more. The enemy gets to dodge and regen his force points.

5b: I am Drained dry, so that I can't even use Absorb anymore, and my enemy gains health.

Archived