What Force alignment do you use?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Force alignment do you use?

• Light Side
    • Dark Side

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got the flag! Lemme look for enemies!

<.<

>.>

>.<

Don't see anybody! *Runs* *Gets kicked, sabered*

An all too common problem with n00bs. ;)

I like to mix kicks in with my saber attacks. If I succeed, I either Heal or Speed off. i don't do a finishing move b/c I get called a n00b. Oh, well... :)

• 2 weeks later...
One thing I realize I never thought about... can a Drain user regain health from an enemy with no mana left? I know you can use Drain on them, but will it do anything if there's nothing left to Drain?

no you dont get any health from a person with 0 force, however, it normally occurs like this...

you are draining someone and since your a good player, you've waited until you know you have more force than they do (based on actions you've both taken) and you toggle drain on (hold key or w/e). now that its on, it will run you down to ~20 force points and kick off, since you made sure you had more than the other guy, he will go down to zero. you will both regen a few points, until your drain kicks back on automatically (if your holding it, or toggled it) and will take his few (5-10) force points back away, giving you only a few health points (5 or so if i remimber right). any patient dark sider will keep just out of saber range and just in drain range til they are full health and go back to fighting, while being 20 force points up on the competition.

Does anyone know how many force points and/or vitality points reborn have? Because they sometimes cast force powers so many times (rage) that it is impossible for them to not die, or to have enough force points. It seems like they cheat.

I know, a bit off topic, but that always annoys me.

You can figure out their vitality in the SP game. Save your game and type:

playermodel reborn_new

You will become a reborn from JA and will have the same vitality, force, etc. But any former allies nearby will treat you as hostile, even if you go back by typing "playermodel player". So, load the save, and you can return to normal.

Wow, 1,000+ posts! Hat's off to you. I'm working on that. ;)

I thought if you were out of mana, it took your health. At least, I know that's happened to me a couple of times, when I was out of mana finishing a round of Absorb.

i'm pretty sure it works like that in SP, but in MP, i've never seen drain take hp, unless it was some mod your using. lots of mods tip the balance in lightsides favor, and i've seen many honor servers simply disable every darkside power except rage because they are 'lame'. so to note, everything i've stated is about basejka in MP :)

A lot of people get confused by Drain. Here is how it works (in basejka, as opposed to some wacky mod):

SP: Steals enemy's health and gives it to you. (and you can grab them at close range!)

MP: Steals enemy's Force mana and gives you health in exchange. (you can't grab them, period)

Also, IIRC in MP, we discovered through testing that if you drain somebody that has Absorb on, you don't steal mana, and I'm fairly sure the person using Absorb does get mana back (assuming they have a high enough level to completely counter the power).

I didn't really want to jump heavily into this debate since I'm not really much of a duelist, but when people say "bunny hopping" they mean rapid use of normal jump (not force jump) with strafing and running. So technically the act of "bunny hopping" itself doesn't use any mana.

i'm pretty sure it works like that in SP, but in MP, i've never seen drain take hp, unless it was some mod your using. lots of mods tip the balance in lightsides favor, and i've seen many honor servers simply disable every darkside power except rage because they are 'lame'. so to note, everything i've stated is about basejka in MP

So has mine. But, if I am wrong, ok. I guess I confused MP with SP. Hopefully, it won't happen again, feel free to /amslap me if I say something stupid like: "Katas don't root you to the spot!"

I didn't really want to jump heavily into this debate since I'm not really much of a duelist, but when people say "bunny hopping" they mean rapid use of normal jump (not force jump) with strafing and running. So technically the act of "bunny hopping" itself doesn't use any mana.

*realizes that even the Staff, with it's limited range, can reach that S-O-B if he looks up and primary fires*

That's kinda easy to counter, now that I think about it. And, if all else fails, hit 'em as they go up/come down. :D

Good Morning everyone

-I have just played JA in SP mode. I'm for the lightside of the force.

-I have played both LS and DS. Don't use much of the force powers, F1 thru F4 are the quick buttons you have.

- also their is less jedi to fight on the LS in the SP mode.

Have a good day!

Good morning! (I hate it to all heck when User CP doesn't show replies)

MP Force is a bit different, you know. Though I do agree to go LS. ;)

the point of bunnyhopping is to move extremely fast from 1 location to another - much faster than normal running, and unless you can strafe better than your opponent, you are not going to catch up and hit them when they come down.

Or... Forward roll ahead of them, strafe, and hit them as they come at you. Not to mention, a quick Pull will bring them back to you, so you gan saber them. And, of course, if they are running away from you, you can whip out the Imperial Heavy Repeater, the Flechette, or any other gun to show them what happens to honorz saberists. :D

• 11 months later...

I prefer Force Grip and then lightsaber throw.Grip is for true darksiders if that fails no matter if he has absorb on or off finish him with lightsaber my opinion but Force Lightning whoa that does damage my favorite power are grip lightning drain dark rage and destrucution

Archived