Home

Bombers too powerful?

RaV™

I'm just wondering, if people had thought the bombers in BF2 were too powerful or the defending ships (frigates, etc) were took weak? I mean when I played CIS and used it's bomber I blew up the Republic's defenses in a matter of less than 10 bombs. I can't tell whether one is too weak or one is too powerful..

useless you did what i do eveytime, at the start get into a baording ship and boost to the enemy shiip, first order of business killing the defense main frame, and get inside a turrent during the duration it takes to blow the 1st bomb to protect yourslef, and then hte shild gen, it doesn't take long, and then you pretty much own everyone....

and it's reasonable speed for the bombers, or else the game would take forever, imagine it's a star wars movie your fighting in, it makes sense, eg. like that person who crashed his a-wing into the EXCUTOR's bridge, it was a SUPER STAR DESTORYER!!!!!! and that one a-wing made it crash into the death star..... (and killing the empire's best commander isntantly in the bridge)

Well the bomber class is supposed to be very good at taking out stuff like frigates, turrets and vital systems on a capital ship, as a compromise their not so good at starfighting, their weapons are good but very slow and they have no homing bombs/rockets like other fighters.

So maybe the frigates are too weak, but how powerful do you really want them? Should it take half the game or longer to destroy them? Really I think it's fine the way it is, less then 10 bombs? It must be that I shoot them to close to the surface of the frigate, so they don't have time to build up momentum, I usually have to use around twenty (I think, ive never counted), and am usually shot down by those uncannily accurate auto turrets several times as well. I think it's fine the way it is. In my opinion they have enough health to make it a challenge, but not so much as it takes forever to destroy them.

The CIS Strike Bomber is too good at dogfighting. Its shots never overheat, and it can knock out an ARC-170 in two shots. The only thing more powerful than that is the Droid Gunship, which knocks them out in one shot (both these ships are great for dogfighting, especially the gunship)

Well the bomber class is supposed to be very good at taking out stuff like frigates, turrets and vital systems on a capital ship, as a compromise their not so good at starfighting, their weapons are good but very slow and they have no homing bombs/rockets like other fighters.

Exactly, the are meant to take out stuff like frigates. LIke yesterday, my friend and I were playing GC and I was the Republic (he was the CIS) and I was in a V-Wing and I took out all the enemies systems (Comm. Array, shield, engines, sensor relay, frigates, etc.) And all that is without dying...meaning it was quite powerful or I am quite good at the game. (the first option makes more sense, though the second one is true). So the bombers are suppose to be powerful.

The power is just fine, if anything they aren't powerful enough, imagine if a bomb or a missile was launched at something like the communications array in the movies? It would get blown to hell straight away.

Have you seen ROTS Rav? A CIS Frigate gets blown in half by about a second of fire from a Venator class's Superlaser, and in ROTJ the Shield Generators atop a Star Destroyer get destroyed by a few blasts from an A-Wing.

No-one wants to be stuck making endless bombing runs, I think the Frigates are about as strong as any of the destructable things on the capital ships, maybe not even as strong as them.

It depends what level of difficulty you have it set on, or the skill of the people you are playing against. Nobody want to get close to a ship in a lumbering bomber when you have all the AA turrets and enemy ships firing at you, you'll be killed every time.

Ho's Nod??

I don't see how the droid starfighter can knock an ARC-170 out of the sky in in one shot, it has never happend to me.

GUNSHIP.

Republic Starfighter can't really do much damage to a bomber, even with homing missiles. Also a Gunship with support can take out anything

Angarah, anything can do considerable damage to anything out there, any given craft can more than likely take down another one.

I don't know where you've got these ideas from, Bombers suck in dogfights, they fire 0.2 rounds a second, Republic Starfighters can destroy whatever the **** they want.

Angarah, anything can do considerable damage to anything out there, any given craft can more than likely take down another one.

I don't know where you've got these ideas from, Bombers suck in dogfights, they fire 0.2 rounds a second, Republic Starfighters can destroy whatever the **** they want.

I get my insane ideas from IA where the AI is too stupid to hit a barn door, much less a Droid Gunship. So take a Gunship out flying, and I pity the fool who flys in front of you...and if you got a Republic Starfighter on your tail, just slow down, and it will run in to your shiny metal ass.:D

Archived