Home

How many saves do you use for a TSL play-thru?

Char Ell

How many unique saves do you use in your typical play-thru of TSL?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How many unique saves do you use in your typical play-thru of TSL?

• 1-10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 50+

I'm kind of curious to know how many saves players of TSL use during a typical TSL play-thru. As for myself, I save at level-ups, when I encounter significant events (battles/characters), and when I start a new planet. So for my first play thru of TSL I ended up with 43 saved games, not including the quick save and auto save. For some reason I have the feeling :D that I'm one of the few who saves the game at so many points and so I'm interested in finding out what the rest of you use for save game strategies.

Not many. Usually 3 or 4 for a normal game. More than that if I'm creating a playthrough configured for mod testing, and then I'll create unique saves at key points throughout the game (easily 40+).

I've been lucky enough to avoid many of the bugs that everyone seems to have. I've never had problems with random crashes or corrupted saves *knocks on wood*. "Save often and in different slots" has never been very necessary for me.

I'm guilty of the 50+, but that's because I play the game as if it were Fallout; Save as often as you feel like it or even when you don't, because you never know when that flesh searing Fire Gecko is going to jump out at you and rape 30 minutes of your life.

Not to mention I like to try alternatives (such as, "what if I make this guy force persuade-kill himself?," or even "What if I told HK to get off the ship right now?") pretty often.

i save well over 300 times per playthrough. if you tried playing either kotor game on a p3 800, you probably would too =)

Frankly, I wouldn't play TSL on a P3 800 MHz system. I played KotOR on a 1.5 GHz system with a 64 MB video card and found the experience leaving something to be desired not storywise but performance-wise. That's why I waited until I could afford a new system before I played TSL. Seriously spinkle, I don't know how you can stand playing on such an underpowered system. But I guess it does give you reason to have 300 unique saves for a single TSL play-thru...

Thats a lot. How many playthroughs do you have?

i blow away all of my saves after two playthroughs or so. There are currently 434 saves in my folder, one completed game and two abandoned games.

Seriously spinkle, I don't know how you can stand playing on such an underpowered system.

I believe in making the best of what's still around, and this box performs adequately for almost all of my needs. This translates to "I'm pretty much broke and this mobo, processor, and RAM were all free." Gaming is most certainly not its primary function...and though crashes were not infrequent they weren't incredibly common; the system outperformed my initial expectations. My saving habits became a lot more anal after i got cocky and forgot to save after about an hour of gameplay...twice. At least one of my friends was nice enough to upgrade my video card to a 32mb nVidia over the summer...before that I had a 2mb ATI card that I salvaged out of a p2 350 gateway i rebuilt. (a card that was better than the Matrox Mistake...i mean, Mystique 220 that it was replacing)

if you would like to send me a p4, new mobo, and 768mb of RAM, i'll pm you my address (TIA!)...but until then, I'll get by with my p3 and without complaints =)

I save close to 70 times per game.

Usually I make a save at every new area I come to on each planet. When facing "bosses" or major battles I'll make several saves and I save before other significant events like changing classes and some levelups.

I'm also one of those people who likes to save just so I can go back and try something differently to see what happens.

if you would like to send me a p4, new mobo, and 768mb of RAM, i'll pm you my address (TIA!)...but until then, I'll get by with my p3 and without complaints =)

Sorry my friend. I wasn't offering to donate any new components to your cause. I was simply expressing my incredulity at your playing TSL on a P3. But nice try anyway... ;)

Archived