Home

How many saves do you use for a TSL play-thru?

Char Ell

How many unique saves do you use in your typical play-thru of TSL?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How many unique saves do you use in your typical play-thru of TSL?

• 1-10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 50+

:eyeraise:

5?

As in f-i-v-e 5?

No typo meaing f-i-f-t-y f-i-v-e 55? :eekanime:

Man, er... girl, you must either have a lot of confidence in your RAM or you have a small amount of free hard disk drive space :whacked:

No, it's perfectly normal to have 5 saves. Just because you happen to run across a lot of bugs and problems doesn't mean that other people do.

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks into this poll and I admit that I am surprised how many people use more than 30 saves per game. At this point twelve forum members say they save their game 31 times or more while eleven are in the 30 or under category. Yep, I am surprised that there are that many people who save their game that often. But hey, now I don't feel so save-happy... :D Thanks to all who have participated in this poll thus far!

1-10 saves 5 votes

11-20 saves 3 votes

21-30 saves 3 votes

31-40 saves 2 votes

41-50 saves 3 votes

50+ saves 7 votes

Frankly, I wouldn't play TSL on a P3 800 MHz system. I played KotOR on a 1.5 GHz system with a 64 MB video card and found the experience leaving something to be desired not storywise but performance-wise. That's why I waited until I could afford a new system before I played TSL. Seriously spinkle, I don't know how you can stand playing on such an underpowered system. But I guess it does give you reason to have 300 unique saves for a single TSL play-thru...

???

I laboured through the game 6-7 times all the way through on a p3~750hz and even though I leaned on quicksave quite a bit in some areas, I only needed more than 10 dedicated save games the very first time I played through (ie Atton gets a "bad feeling about this" on board the Harbinger and the game tells you to save, then later you realize this is one of many plot ends...). Honestly, 300+ savegames...?! Unreal. IMHO, unless you're modding or tinkering with code, I can't believe you'd need that many unless your comp is even more underpowered than my old one. And that one was getting more and more like Rain Man towards the end...

• 2 weeks later...
Frankly, I wouldn't play TSL on a P3 800 MHz system. I played KotOR on a 1.5 GHz system with a 64 MB video card and found the experience leaving something to be desired not storywise but performance-wise. That's why I waited until I could afford a new system before I played TSL. Seriously spinkle, I don't know how you can stand playing on such an underpowered system. But I guess it does give you reason to have 300 unique saves for a single TSL play-thru...

Hey, you play with what you have. :)

I save fairly frequently and end up with about 20-30 per game since the game crashes or I have to stop relatively often. I play mine on a laptop with an athlon 64 3000, 512 ram, but only 32mb video card (til I get the guts to actually open up the back of the laptop and upgrade it). Sure, the graphics could be better and the performance could be improved, but I enjoy the game a lot anyway. I have to run the resolution on the low setting, but it doesn't bug me. Believe it or not, TSL did not crash nearly as often as K1.

Of course, my husband, who is away with the military, gloats over the performance on his system. He has a P4 2.93G system with 2.5G of Ram (can we say overkill?) and a 256 pciexpress video card. He tells me he runs the game at the highest setting on resolution without problems....I remind him I can take the game anywhere my laptop goes. :giggle1:

Archived