Home

Its live on my server and quality control lets it down AGAIN

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

When people first complained about the new changes to Galaxies, deep down, I believe these complaints are aimed at SOE because the community just know that SOE wont deliver the quality.

As with the rushed expansion Rage of The Wookiees, the new game enhancements have so many quality issues and bugs that really would have stopped it being launched on a console (if it was going to be put on one).

It seems that nothing SOE is planned and its always rushed and then they spend YEARS trying to patch stuff up, which breaks other stuff.

Combat is bugged still. Bols - who have no laser weapons - managed to use 'harsh language' to bring me down when I was 30 metres away. How did they manage to attack me? Only SOE know the answer to that.

Group hunting is BUGGED. Players get NO XP currently and you have to press the mouse at least 30 times just to claim 385xp from killing a Bol. Some special moves work, some dont and during combat - you cant afford for your heal powers to switch off!

When do you get a hunting mission, it will vanish, reappear, vanish... leaving you just wanting to switch the whole thing off, and send SOE a nasty email pointing to the Star Wars website - as a polite reminder of what they should be achieving.

I respected to Jedi - I didnt have much left to do in the village but you start off with NO lightsabre and NO robes. Oh and by the way, Jedi cant use pistols or rifles. (didnt they say any profession could use any weapon?)

Ive managed to craft my lightsabre now, which isnt pretty good.

Overall i feel that yet again, these new changes promised so much and have failed to deliver again. One day, SOE will wake up and put some quality into this game and stop scratching themselves like the bunch of chimps they are!

Full review to come soon

DMUK

Okay. I can make a lot more weapons than I used to, but I don't know how good they'd be or if anyone else can make them better anyway.

My pre-NGE droids are now nearly cl40. Post-NGE droids are still 30. After the shaft CHs got, I don't think this is fair at all.

Droids seem to heal fast enough to make auto-repair modules pointless. On the other hand, they only need one combat module now to hit their cap. Despite this, I seem unable to program new droids the command to attack.

I cannot stress enough how much the over-the-shoulder thing is pissing me off.

I think I'm gonna go get my money back on the expansion. If things don't change in the near future, I suspect I will quit.

I tried to get back into it again, I started over completely, and after about and hour and a half, I finally get on a planet, and then nothing works, I can't use a bunch of my items, my speeder doesn't work at all, neither does the customization kit for it. So I just ended up wasting 2 hours of my life that could've been better spent sleeping. All I want to know is how long can it possibly take SOE to get it right.

Guest DarthMaulUK

All that stuff has been broken since testing last week. They have only just recently changed the way you get your speeder. Before it was pointless useless time wasting 'quests' - now you just arrive and its given to you.

On a personal note. Star Wars Galaxies has ALWAYS been in beta and it is still. Again SOE have a thing to learn about quality and I dont understand why they must always leave massive changes to the game, until the last minute, with only one weeks worth of 'testing'

DMUK

Archived