Home

AniCam - animated camera editor for K2

JdNoa

AniCam (version Beta 3) is for creating new animated camera models to use in your K2 .dlgs, or for editing the existing ones, if you feel like it.

Download at SWK Modding Tools

Beta 3 should fix the problem where interpolation treated angles as numbers, didn't realize 360 degrees == 0 degrees, and went the long way 'round.

Java-based, requires JRE 1.5.

You specify times, positions, and orientations (in degrees as Heading/Pitch/Roll). AniCam generates the .mdl and .mdx files. You can then use the camera in your .dlg by setting up the .dlg entries correctly (details in the readme).

As always, updates and fixes are pretty low-priority for me (spare time being a mythical creature from the distant past). But feel free to post questions, bugs, comments, etc.

Source code included.

(My guess is that it would be fairly easy to update this to work with K1 - just a matter of changing some fields in the model. But I don't have time to even look at that right now.)

Known bug:

-Saving with interpolation on and less than 2 points in an animation will fail silently.

This is Great JDNoa. Might I ask do you run with a windows or linux based machine. As I have found most of the Java Programs are too memory intensive vs the utilities wrote in a lower level language.

Also might you have a link for sorcerers notes on the ascii model format for the stickies on the Holowan.

Might I ask do you run with a windows or linux based machine. As I have found most of the Java Programs are too memory intensive vs the utilities wrote in a lower level language.

Windows ATM. Haven't had memory problems myself. I know I should learn .NET, but I haven't had the time yet. In the meantime, well, I *like* Java. ^_^

Playing around with AniCam, it's running at about 26-29MB memory. I mean, I know it's not ultra-light, but that really shouldn't kill your machine...

Also might you have a link for sorcerers notes on the ascii model format for the stickies on the Holowan.

Yep. NWN .mdl Format Description

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Now that Geocities has closed, might the OP post this somewhere so folks can download it?

I would love for Jd to pop in and say Hi!, then release all of her TSLRP work to Stoney and give us a new upload of AniCam.

She's probably left us behind for good at this point, although I would be thrilled to be proven wrong.

Nevertheless, although I cannot upload the prog to a sharing site, I can send you a copy, SH, or anyone else who needs a copy. My archives are STRONG!

SWK's modding tools section has been updated (dialogue section) :)

I've edited your first post to include the SWK link, and I've retained the DL link to my site as backup.

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de

If you think it should be in a different section, just let us know, and thanks for letting us host it. If you would like it removed from my site (JumpStationZ) give me a yell. :D

Yeah, sorry, that file sharing site's kind of hideous. This one seems a bit better:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jdyqngmzqjy

Thanks, :) but on the KOTOR movie forums Sith Holocron gave me a link to it one :p. Anyway later I looked at your first post with the link to it and so i've realised that there's alot more links to it than I thought. ( I got told barley any sites had it anymore, anyway thanks for the help. :)

Archived