Home

Glith on Peragus...help please.

Pipan

I'm playing KOTOR 2 on the xbox.

I'm controling T3 at the Fuel Deposit. I open the entrance hatch at Peragus administration level then I log out. Now there is a cut scene where T3 makes some beep sounds and then gets struck by some electric/lightning shot. Then the screen just turns black. The menu works just fine and I can see that I'm now controling my character, but when I return to the game the screen turns black again. In the menu i can see that I am at the same place as T3 was before the cut scene.

Could somebody help me with this glitch?

Err...the screen turns black: that is certainly not part of the plot...

Can you post your system specs please?

Did you updated your video card drivers?

...moving to the workbench forum...

I play it on xbox, I think they all have the same specs.

It's not a glitch, it is part of the plotline in Peragus

Do you mean I'm supposed to finish the quest blind? If that's the case this game sucks big time.

No, no worries, you don't have to finish the quest "in the dark".

If you play on xbox, try cleaning the cache by loading three other games, and then kotor TSL again. If it doesn't work, then reload another save game (save in different slots and not always in the same one)

Moving the thread to the xbox tech help forum

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yeah that happend to me before as well..... i have beat the game 4 times.... light side male/dark side male/light side chick/dark side chick..... uhhh yeah it did it to me twice at that same exact spot..... but i didnt do anything but clean the game and put it back in. But if it still gives ya problems ill tell ya a cool trick ( go by a used one at EB games and save you coupon or whatever..... dangit i hate it when ya cant think of the word your thinkin of ahahah. but save the peice of paper they give ya after ya buy it and take the game that isnt working back and tell them it didnt work. They will take it back with no Qs asked and then you will have a game that works and you will be able to finish your game

-SugaDawg

• 3 months later...

I hade the same trouble before (and when i finaly made it out i just got a 100 new problems). Anyway I started looking around and i found that there is 2 way to advance.

1: you play on the hard drave or cd untill you get to right before that cylinder droid is about to blow. If you played hard drive save that game, reboot the x-box and start the game with the cd. Now load the save and play trought the blow up and save afterwards then you can keep on playing on your hd.

2:the other contains edeting a file (no worries if a noob like me could do it so can you). There is a file named "swdirsXbox.ini" in your Kotor II direction and this is how it looks original.

[Alias]
HD0=d:\
OVERRIDE=d:\Override
ERRORTEX=d:\Errortex
TEMP=z:\Temp
MODULES=d:\Modules
LOGS=t:\Logs
LOCALVAULT=d:\LocalVault
DMVAULT=d:\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=d:\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=d:\STREAMMusic
TEMPCLIENT=z:\Tempclient
SAVES=u:\
CURRENTGAME=z:\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=d:\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=d:\StreamWaves
GAMEINPROGRESS=z:\GAMEINPROGRESS
REBOOTDATA=z:\rebootdata
LIPS=d:\Lips

Now as you problebly notice every direction are pointing to the dvd drive. (aka the play disk). If you just edit this so it will fitt in with your Kotor II direction

Example

[Alias]
HD0=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II
OVERRIDE=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Override
ERRORTEX=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Errortex
TEMP=z:\Temp
MODULES=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Modules
LOGS=t:\Logs
LOCALVAULT=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\LocalVault
DMVAULT=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\STREAMMusic
TEMPCLIENT=z:\Tempclient
SAVES=u:\
CURRENTGAME=z:\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\StreamWaves
GAMEINPROGRESS=z:\GAMEINPROGRESS
REBOOTDATA=z:\rebootdata
LIPS=f:\games\Star Wars KotOR II\Lips

Now this worked fine for me hoppes it will work for you.

*clears throat* Hade? You mean HAD! Oh no... I'm turning into my language arts teacher!!

RA, this post contributes nothing to this topic and is pure off-topic spam. Also not everyones native language is English, and as such you need to be a little more understanding. Consider this a warning. -RH

Archived