Home

JK4?

Arksos

Hey, love JK3 and JK2, played them since release and still do, but quick question to all you experts...will Lucasarts ever release the game ive been waiting for since 2003...the sequal to JK3 ...JK4? Is or has there ever been plans for another Jedi Knight Game...

Please put me out of my misery if there isnt...:)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy numbering systems are part of Star Wars history! After all, first we had Star Wars 5, then 4, then 6, then 1, 2, and finally 3.

We've officially had four whole games in the series, they could jump out with Dark Forces V next, if they wanted to. ;)

Of what? An official title for JA:

STAR WARS: JEDI KNIGHT III: JEDI ACADEMY

or something like that? JA isJK III. MotS really wasn't a game unto itself, but a real cool expansion of JK I.

In fact, it's like this, Sithy:

DF = __________ = Dark Forces I

JK = Jedi Knight I = Dark Forces II.

JO = Jedi Knight II = Dark Forces III.

JA = Jedi Knight III = Dark Forces IV.

J? = Jedi Knight IV = Dark Forces V.

Hopefully, that last slot will get filled in with the appropriate info...

Before Sithy goes Sith on me for saying DF4 is JA and such, it technically is, just it would be a long title.

Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy

is too long. So much easier is this:

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

So... there you go. :)

i agre with you ^ about the JK3 names.

in my opinion they could release a sequel that finaly add the yuuzhan vong, i realy want fight someting that its totaly new and has imunity to the force!! imagine how cool would be the game? a powerfull jedi that fells that his powers are useless?!?!?!?

we could start saying what we want in a sequel, then if someone of the L.A. staff read our post maybe they can implement

Well generally you need a three to have a four.

Are you always this annoying? You know very well why people refer to it as JK3. Sure, the official name may be Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - but it is the third Jedi Knight game, the third in the series (or fourth if you're looking at the Dark Forces series).

Can we have a sticky thread that says that there are no rumors of a JK3 (yes, the next one will be JK3 because JA is a JO spinoff)?

LEC is probably waiting to milk the cash cow on the next gen consoles. Also, BF 2 is doing better than anything for them. Empire at War is coming out next. Raven just finished Q4. They got stuff to do besides the next Jedi Knight game.

I don't think there is any strong direction to go with the series, besides maybe a prequel to JK, so they shouldn't make another game. Let it end! You've already screwed it up enough!

in my opinion they could release a sequel that finaly add the yuuzhan vong

Please god no. Honestly that is one of the worst ideas I've heard in a very long time. JK3 should follow up on the dark-side ending to JA, with you playing as Kyle again, trying to stop Jaden as he (edit: or she) works to rebuild the Empire.

If they make a JK3 that's the only way it could be. You can't just entirely throw out the ending of JA and make up some random new storyline with stupid crap like the Vong destroying the galaxy (again).

You could let a mapper do that as a JA level. It's not worth milking into an entire game for JK4.

Well I'm not suggesting that the follow-up of JA would take up both JK3 and JK4, if there would ever be one. I don't see where you're getting the idea that I suggested it should be two games. By now we don't even know if they're making a JK3, so I don't see any point in looking forward to a JK4 at this time.

Archived