Home

JK4?

Arksos

Well I'm not suggesting that the follow-up of JA would take up both JK3 and JK4, if there would ever be one. I don't see where you're getting the idea that I suggested it should be two games. By now we don't even know if they're making a JK3, so I don't see any point in looking forward to a JK4 at this time.

Don't act like a moron. You know exactly what he means.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And... I'm a moron? Blasphemy!

I didn't say that. I said you were acting like a moron.

Apparently he thinks that I suggested that the storyline for JK3 should also span to JK4, which is not what I suggested.

Again, you know exactly what he means. Some people refer to JA as JK3, other do not. The official name is Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, yes. It is the third Jedi Knight game, yes. Let people call it what they want. You know he is referring to JA as JK3, and therefore he refers to the sequel as JK4.

Did you follow that? Or shall I explain it again?

Don't act like a moron. You know exactly what he means.

Quoted for truth. If you insist on acting like a child, fine. The NEXT JK series game doesn't need to be that, b/c it could be mapped in.

ZeroX2: It seems we are allied once again in a Power Duel vs. some random guy who thinks they can argue their way through fact to be right... and his acting is very good.

I didn't say that. I said you were acting like a moron.

So when you say stuff that is right, you're a moron? I learn something new everyday.

Some people refer to JA as JK3, other do not.

Those who refer to it as JK3 are wrong.

The official name is Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, yes.

Finally you accept the truth.

It is the third Jedi Knight game, yes.

No, it is actually the fourth, not counting the original Dark Forces. You forget Mysteries of the Sith.

Going by your faulty logic...

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II = JK

Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith = JK2

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast = JK3

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy = JK4

(Then the next game = JK5)

Let people call it what they want. You know he is referring to JA as JK3, and therefore he refers to the sequel as JK4.

Why wouldn't he call it JK5?

Quoted for wrongfulness.

Fixed.

If you insist on acting like a child, fine.

Best. Insult. Ever.

The NEXT JK series game doesn't need to be that, b/c it could be mapped in.

Are you kidding? An ENTIRE GAME modded into the outdated and exhausted JA engine? Plus, with little to no real interest or talent in total conversions in the JA community, who's going to do it? What, LucasArts makes an expansion pack? That's the only way I could see it being done, but LucasArts knows better than that.

The "Kyle hunts down Jaden as the Empire rises again" story would be just as huge as the other games. I had the idea that maybe Jaden, with the scepter, goes and resurrects other deceased Sith Lords, and convinces them to join him/her in his/her conquest of the galaxy as the leader of a new empire. As Kyle, you'll have to fight each resurrected Sith Lords (I'm thinking it would be sort of like the original Jedi Knight, where you face off against various Dark Jedi working for Jerec). You hunt down Jaden across the galaxy as his empire grows, and familiar enemies resurface (Stormtroopers, Officers, Rodians, Grans, etc.).

Sorry, but that's WAY too much just for some fan-made TC for JA. Not only is there not enough members of the JA community left with the skills to do such a mod (even the promising Dark Forces TC is losing speed).

Besides, what else would JK3 be based on? The Vong things? If LucasArts stooped so low as to cater to the Vong fanboys like that, many of the fans of the Jedi Knight series - pretty much anyone who has a respect for what Star Wars REALLY is - would not be fans anymore.

ZeroX2: It seems we are allied once again in a Power Duel vs. some random guy who thinks they can argue their way through fact to be right... and his acting is very good.

Except that you're wrong. :)

You don't seem to have much of an argument besides "I'm right, you're wrong".

No, it is actually the fourth, not counting the original Dark Forces. You forget Mysteries of the Sith.

MotS is officially an expansion pack. It's referred to as such on the LucasArts site. Jedi Academy is not. ;)

So when you say stuff that is right, you're a moron? I learn something new everyday.

Helps to be actually right.

Those who refer to it as JK3 are wrong.

Because we disagree with you?

Finally you accept the truth.

I have accepted the truth that you were once Darth... oops. I mean I have accepted the truth that you are mistaken.

Going by your faulty logic...

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II = JK

Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith = JK2

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast = JK3

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy = JK4

(Then the next game = JK5)

MotS is an EXPANSION pack. Un...DUR...stAAAnd??

Why wouldn't he call it JK5?

Because it isn't, mayhap?

Fixed.

Cute.

Best. Insult. Ever.

Thanks. :)

Are you kidding? An ENTIRE GAME modded into the outdated and exhausted JA engine? Plus, with little to no real interest or talent in total conversions in the JA community, who's going to do it? What, LucasArts makes an expansion pack? That's the only way I could see it being done, but LucasArts knows better than that.

Maybe I am putting my foot up my @$$ by saying this, but I WILL. I wanted to do that anyway. A great chance to do this, now that I am challenged. And LucasArts DID make an expansion pack. The MotS cover says so.

The "Kyle hunts down Jaden as the Empire rises again" story would be just as huge as the other games. I had the idea that maybe Jaden, with the scepter, goes and resurrects other deceased Sith Lords, and convinces them to join him/her in his/her conquest of the galaxy as the leader of a new empire. As Kyle, you'll have to fight each resurrected Sith Lords (I'm thinking it would be sort of like the original Jedi Knight, where you face off against various Dark Jedi working for Jerec). You hunt down Jaden across the galaxy as his empire grows, and familiar enemies resurface (Stormtroopers, Officers, Rodians, Grans, etc.).

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Sorry, but that's WAY too much just for some fan-made TC for JA. Not only is there not enough members of the JA community left with the skills to do such a mod (even the promising Dark Forces TC is losing speed).

Covered above.

Besides, what else would JK4 be based on? The Vong things? If LucasArts stooped so low as to cater to the Vong fanboys like that, many of the fans of the Jedi Knight series - pretty much anyone who has a respect for what Star Wars REALLY is - would not be fans anymore.

At last, I agree.

Except that you're wrong. :)

*sigh* Nine-year olds can make better comebacks.

Helps to be actually right.

That I am.

Because we disagree with you?

No, because you're wrong.

I have accepted the truth that you were once Darth... oops. I mean I have accepted the truth that you are mistaken.

You mean once Anakin...

MotS is an EXPANSION pack. Un...DUR...stAAAnd??

So because it's an expansion pack it doesn't deserve a title?

Also, I love you way you said understand. That was awesome.

Because it isn't, mayhap?

It isn't JK4 either.

Cute.

I know I am. :)

And LucasArts DID make an expansion pack. The MotS cover says so.

Last time I checked, MotS is not an expansion pack to JA.

*sigh* Nine-year olds can make better comebacks.

I know, but I'm not going to bother using my... full intellectual capabilities.

Also, nice double-post. :p

Now, onto you sir!

You don't seem to have much of an argument besides "I'm right, you're wrong".

Except for all the rest of my arguments.

MotS is officially an expansion pack. It's referred to as such on the LucasArts site. Jedi Academy is not. ;)

So because MotS is an expansion pack then it doesn't deserve a title?

And if Jedi Academy doesn't feel like an expansion pack, I don't know what does. True, LucasArts didn't officially sell it as an expansion pack, but there's no denying that it pretty much is. If it were a whole separate game it would have been given a number, which it was not. It was simply labeled "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy" much like MotS is simply labeled "Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith."

It's always interesting hearing people argue about things that do not matter, how about we argue about musical accompaniment, I’ve taken to playing Bach’s Brandenburg 5 whenever I start to play JA, someone say that you should only listen to JA’s own music, we’ll get into a fight, and the outcome will probably be more productive than this.

On a non productive side note, Mysteries of the Sith is not a Jedi Knight game. As is stated quite clearly in official literature both in public view and packaged with the product Mysteries of the Sith is not a game. It is a set of companion missions.

Modus Tollens deductive argument says that if it is not a game it can not be a Jedi Knight game because if something is a Jedi Knight game it must be a game.

-

In storytelling the trilogy of Jedi Knight (Dark forces can be thought of as a disconnected introduction just as The Hobbit is not part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy) could be seen as complete. In the beginning Kyle was the learner, now he is the master. He’s gone from an outsider to a member of the most elite group in the star wars universe, he’s gone from tortured by emotion to a state of balance.

Doesn’t mean I don’t want JK IV. (For those of you who really want to argue why not argue on how to spell it too? The Romans occasionally used IIII to represent four, why not stage a huge debate over whether IIII or IV is more aesthetically pleasing?)

-

It might be nice to have another dark forces game, that is to say a no force no saber game. But the thread is about the next Jedi Knight game, if ever there is to be one.

For the love of a god give us a left-handed Jedi. How is it possible that every Jedi in existence is right-handed? I’m not even left-handed and the one-sidedness is starting to irk me.

Other than that I’m not really sure what I want, I can definitely say that I’d like a stronger story tying it all together, or, if it is done like JA I want there to be follow-ups. For example if you went out and got the droid you should also be able to follow up on any information gleaned from it.

The distraction factor isn’t all that good either, in the Tram mission you went to the city, found out that there was a strong enough cult presence there to attempt a major terrorist act, and then left without any second thoughts? It felt to me like there should have been a second mission dealing with the rest of the cell.

I think story is important in a game, and in a lot of places in JA it was exceedingly weak.

-

For some reason I think I sound like someone very intent on seeming sophisticated. I think it might be because I have a headache and my word choice is off kilter. Regardless, I am not sophisticated, and I’d really rather not sound that way (sets up too many incorrect expectations.)

That I am.

I'm not going to play games with you.

No, because you're wrong.

Based on...

You mean once Anakin...

Whatever. You get my point.

So because it's an expansion pack it doesn't deserve a title?

It does. It does not, however, deserve a placement in the Series. It does not develop the plot; it is the adventures of another character in her battles against the Sith.

Also, I love you way you said understand. That was awesome.

Thanks. :D

It isn't JK4 either.

No frikken dur. What I am trying to say is already posted. If you don't have the resources to look up on the page to see what I believe the games are, you are more of a bantha herder than Kyle.

I know I am. :)

Again, I don't want to play kiddie games with you here.

Last time I checked, MotS is not an expansion pack to JA.

When did I say it was?!? I said an expansion pack. And you know, sir, what I meant by that. It is the official JK expansion pack.

I know, but I'm not going to bother using my... full intellectual capabilities.

Psh. I seriously doubt you are not using your best abilities.

Also, nice double-post. :p

First post deleted. Computer crapped out.

EDIT: I officially amend my arguement. The storyline, I believe is thus:

Dark Forces was the original game. DF1, JK0.

JK was the follow-up. DF2, JK1.

MotS was an expansion for JK. DF2.5, JK1.

JO was next... DF0, JK2.

JA was next... DF0, JK3.

J? is next... DF0, JK4.

Happy?

It's always interesting hearing people argue about things that do not matter, how about we argue about musical accompaniment, I’ve taken to playing Bach’s Brandenburg 5 whenever I start to play JA, someone say that you should only listen to JA’s own music, we’ll get into a fight, and the outcome will probably be more productive than this.

*Shrug* Lots of people argue about stupid ****, and what better place to do so than the INTARNETS!

On a non productive side note, Mysteries of the Sith is not a Jedi Knight game. As is stated quite clearly in official literature both in public view and packaged with the product Mysteries of the Sith is not a game. It is a set of companion missions.

It says on the CD "Jedi Knight", and it is a video game.

I'm not going to play games with you.

Good.

Based on...

...Common sense. The CD says "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy", not "Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy", therefore it is not JK3.

It does. It does not, however, deserve a placement in the Series. It does not develop the plot; it is the adventures of another character in her battles against the Sith.

What?! So because it is an expansion pack, it is not a part of the series? That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Especially since MotS is, IMO, the best game in the whole series.

No frikken dur. What I am trying to say is already posted. If you don't have the resources to look up on the page to see what I believe the games are, you are more of a bantha herder than Kyle.

But you just contradicted yourself. You say at first that the new sequel would be JK4, and now you're saying it wouldn't.

When did I say it was?!? I said an expansion pack. And you know, sir, what I meant by that. It is the official JK expansion pack.

You said so here:

And LucasArts DID make an expansion pack. The MotS cover says so.

That is after I asked wheter an expansion pack could be made for JA.

Psh. I seriously doubt you are not using your best abilities.

Look, you've been on LucasForums for just about a month, and you think you know me... psh.

So I'm childish too, I can't help it. Here goes.

So because MotS is an expansion pack then it doesn't deserve a title?

No one said that it didn't. It's title is Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith Companion Missions. If you want to give it a title of the form JKX then it would be:

JK Compaion Missions or

JK CM for short

The name of those companion mission is Mysteries of the Sith, just as the name of JKII is Jedi Outcast.

And if Jedi Academy doesn't feel like an expansion pack, I don't know what does.

Something is or is not something based on what it is or is not. What it feels like is irrelevant. My cat feels like a dog. That does not make her a dog. Various episodes of various TV shows feel like movies, but they remain episodes of TV shows.

True, LucasArts didn't officially sell it as an expansion pack, but there's no denying that it pretty much is.

Actually there is, because it is not.

The difference between an expansion pack and a game is small, which is why your total inability to grasp that MotS is part of JK is forgiveable. The difference lies only in whether it is there to expand an existing game or create a new one. While the difference is small anything that is not made to expand an existing game is not, and can not be, "pretty much" an expansion pack.

JA created a new game based on technologies and scripts developed in a previous one, very few games do otherwise. The gap between JA and JO differs from the gap between JO and Quake III in degree alone. JA is no more an expansion pack than JO.

If it were a whole separate game it would have been given a number, which it was not. It was simply labeled "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy" much like MotS is simply labeled "Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith."

By that argument it would be an expansion pack for Jedi Knight, not Jedi Outcast. If you are arguing that Jedi Academy is an expansion pack for Jedi Knight we are operating on very different levels here.

Which one is a better level I leave to an outside observer to decide.

It says on the CD "Jedi Knight"

I never said that it did not say Jedi Knight on the CD. I never said it was not a part of the jedi Knight series, I merely said that it was not a Jedi Knight game.

It is not a Jedi Knight game because it is not a game. Which brings us to the second part of your sentence:

and it is a video game.

It is, as it says on the CD, COMPANION MISSIONS. Official companion missions yes, but companion missions none the less.

It is no more a game than the Dark Forces mod, which is of course a set of unofficial companion missions to JA intended to recreate Dark Forces. (A very good set.)

EDIT: I officially amend my arguement. The storyline, I believe is thus:

Dark Forces was the original game. DF1, JK0.

JK was the follow-up. DF2, JK1.

MotS was an expansion for JK. DF2.5, JK1.

JO was next... DF0, JK2.

JA was next... DF0, JK3.

J? is next... DF0, JK4.

Happy?

The problem is that you're taking each game in the series as if they're officially titled as to the sequence they are in the series. The numbering is based on whatever the hell LucasArts wants to call it.

No one said that it didn't. It's title is Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith Companion Missions.

According to LucasArts.com, its full title is:

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/windows/classics.htm

My cat feels like a dog.

The gap between JA and JO differs from the gap between JO and Quake III in degree alone. JA is no more an expansion pack than JO.

The gap from JO to JA is pretty much the same as JK to MotS. They both use the same engine, just modified. A lot of reused characters and weapons, some new. Storyline is new. But they all feel like the same game, just with new stuff. Expanded. But JK/MotS is entirely different from JO/JA. The engine is different, and everything has been remade.

I never said that it did not say Jedi Knight on the CD. I never said it was not a part of the jedi Knight series, I merely said that it was not a Jedi Knight game.

It is not a Jedi Knight game because it is not a game.

On the official LucasArts site, MotS is located under the... GAMES menu.

It is, as it says on the CD, COMPANION MISSIONS. Official companion missions yes, but companion missions none the less.

I don't see what you're getting at with "companion missions." Sure it says it on the CD, but it also says "DISC 1" on the Jedi Knight CD. Does that mean its name is "Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II: DISC I"?

Like I said, the official LucasArts site does not say that "companion missions" is the title of MotS. I've never even heard MotS called "companion missions" ever until now.

Besides, who is your companion on these missions? Stormtroopers? The Force? Your brother in the room down the hall? God?

It is no more a game than the Dark Forces mod, which is of course a set of unofficial companion missions to JA intended to recreate Dark Forces. (A very good set.)

I don't think the Dark Forces mod is being made by LucasArts.

Nice. :lol:

I did try to shut down the arguing. Sithy, hate to say you started this, but you did...

OK, guys. Let's leave it understood that when we say JKIII, we are talking about JA. Regardless about who is right or wrong, it's the same game. OK?

Interestingly, LucasArts.com doesn't call MotS Dark Forces III. It calls it Star Wars: Mysteries of the Sith. Just like Star Wars: Jedi Academy, hmm?

http://lucasarts.com/products/sith/splash.htm

ok ppl, lets do this:

open google and type: jedi knight 3

what the first thing it shows??!??!?!

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

how you could still arg IF the oficial site has a word that redirect to it using a internet searcher???

and at filefront ( a know huge site of JK series maps, mods)?

jediknight2.filefront.com/files/Jedi_Knight_III

you ppl can arg or call how do you whant.

but, my opinion: why they just dont call JAof JK3: JK? because you DONT PLAY as kyle!!!

but im sure that IF a sequel exist, firsth: it will not have JK:4, be cause now the just stop all these nominations types for JK series.

and im sure that the 'unoficial name' of JA is JK3 in fact they says at end of page:

''this is the latest chapter of in one ....

....star wars jedi knight: jedi academy its the follow up to star wars jedi knights II: Jedi Outcast...

now boys, lets talk about inovations and not about names...

ok ppl, lets do this:

open google and type: jedi knight 3

what the first thing it shows??!??!?!

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

how you could still arg IF the oficial site has a word that redirect to it using a internet searcher???

and at filefron ( a know huge site of JK series maps, mods)?

jediknight2.filefront.com/files/Jedi_Knight_III

you ppl can arg or call how do you whant. strange its that the oficial shows up when s

It's hard to figure out your broken english, but it appears you have no clue how the internet works.

Archived