Home

Darktrooper - new weapon or old?

Rogue74

I can't stand the new Darktrooper weapon. Does anyone else like it or like the old one better?

In BF1 I could easily jumpjet into the middle of a group and take them all out, now, even with a fully charged whatsitcalled, you only zap between half and a third of their lives away and then get killed waiting for the thing to recharge. Lame.

I still think they're lazy for not making a new weapon model. So far now both of the Dark Trooper guns (in both games) have been just the blaster rifle with something new coming out the barrel.

As long as they're going to use the wrong weapon, how hard would it have been to give us the cool looking model of the Dark Forces weapon they originally carried?

In BF1 I could easily jumpjet into the middle of a group and take them all out, now, even with a fully charged whatsitcalled, you only zap between half and a third of their lives away and then get killed waiting for the thing to recharge. Lame.

Try holding down the fire button, you can take out 4 or 5 people in one shot if it's fully charged, and it doesn't even take long to charge.

You only have to hold it down for a second before it's a one hit kill, next time, read the manual before you start complaining.

As a good point, the new DT can cut off his jump pack in mid flight. Great for "Dive bombing" right into the middle of a crowd instead of over it. Takes many by surprise and is good for precision landings.

Yeah, and nearly every weapon model is lazy in some way or another. And the FPV still sucks in my opinion. Why can't we have a reloading animation, or some feeling that the gun's not bolted to their arms? (SPB Excluded).

Well, I personally Hate how they rush the game and use the same darn models for all those weapons.

Well, I think the new Dark Trooper is better. Better Jet Packs, and Better gun(when charged)

The old gun is too inaccurate.

Ok, its true I would prefer them giving the DT their REAL weapon, but seriously, missiles + bad ass cannon shots... isn't this a bit too much?

THink it won't be too hard modding it though, CIS SBD missiles, plus tweaked Magna Guard shots(or unzoomed beam shots).

You only have to hold it down for a second before it's a one hit kill, next time, read the manual before you start complaining.

Or you could try reading my entire message where I clearly said "even with a fully charged whatsitcalled, you only zap..."

I'll have to keep playing with it. I think my problem is that I'm not close enough to the targets. I thought it would have about the range of the "shotgun," but it must be in a little closer.

I personally hate the new weapon (arc caster), i really enjoyed in BF1 the ability to jump in behind someone, take them out instantly, and jet away before anybody can notice. thats impossible now because have to charge up everything.

I noticed that too. Did the BF1 Darktrooper and Jet Trooper have less armor too? It didn't seem like it.

I think if they fixed the arc caster so that you could fully charge it by the time you make one jump with the jetpack that would make it 50% better. It seems like it only charges up between 1/2 and 3/4s of the way before you land as it is now.

I like this electric powered gun:

http://www.americanantigravity.com/video/Mass-Driver-Final-512kbps.wmv

It just goes to show that there are actually good ways to put electricity to use.

On a side note check a Hutchison effect video:

http://www.americanantigravity.com/video/Hutchison-Heavy-Mix.wmv

This does strange things and it probly uses enough electricity to vaporize a human body.

Archived