• Commander
    • Droideka
    • Engineer
    • Jet/Dark Trooper
    • Jedi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play the sniper most, but i dislike the way they made him...

A Sniper rifle should not be a close combat weapon like it is atm, you should not be able to fire without zooming, o.k. the disruptor in the Jedi Knight series is the same, u can use it without zooming in, so u can even use it as a "Pistol"...but thats not a sniper weapon i want...i want a "1 shot + reload" rifle that kills with 1 shot or at least 2 (if i hit the legs)... otherwise i dont get a real sniper feeling if i dont need to zoom to be precise with my rifle, some of u will say now "the sniper will suck then with a 1 shot + reload rifle" and then i will say, "no u just need skill now to be a good sniper", atm its just an "oh i missed but who cares i can waste 5 more "bullets" until i have to reload"-feeling, i hope some "sniper fans" out there know what i mean. I would prefer the Projectile Rifle which u can use in the "movie battles 2 mod" for JA, this is a "1 shot + reload" rifle, which is really deadly in the right hands, and its a weapon that gives a better sniper feeling than the Battlefront SRs give. I really hope that LA will make the Battlefront sniper some day a real Sniper not just a "Blaster Rifle Trooper with 1 more zoom level" like its now.

Some of u will agree with me and others will try to tell me that its a sniper with a modern Sniper Rifle, and i will say then, "maybe it is, but theres no real sniper feeling" and for that feeling i even miss the prone

Erm, with no targeting cursor, unless zoomed, you should be laughed at if a n00b sniper kills you at close range.

Anyway, sniper rifles are not all bolt-action (of course, that gets into a realism debate).

I know, replace the sniper with the Quake 3 railgun. That way, if you miss, you're never going to be able to live to take the second shot! (4 second cooldown time). Sorted, another class nerfed.

Erm, with no targeting cursor, unless zoomed, you should be laughed at if a n00b sniper kills you at close range.

Anyway, sniper rifles are not all bolt-action (of course, that gets into a realism debate).

I know, replace the sniper with the Quake 3 railgun. That way, if you miss, you're never going to be able to live to take the second shot! (4 second cooldown time). Sorted, another class nerfed.

Well the sniper rifle is deadly at close range. Headshot is sooo easy.

Targeting Crusor? There is something called "tape a cross on your monitor"

...Targeting Crusor? There is something called "tape a cross on your monitor"
Ever heard of not cheating?

...sniper is a close second because there arent many good sniping spots anymore.
You can get to a few good spots by using the sniper's auto-turret as a stepping stone...

Well the sniper rifle is deadly at close range. Headshot is sooo easy.

Targeting Crusor? There is something called "tape a cross on your monitor"

There's also such things as aimbots, and other nasty hacks out there. Why not just make it like the JK one where you need to charge it up to cause max damage?

You do realise that every game in existance with a sniper rifle (bar MDK) have had complaints about the sniper rifle.

Theres a reason why snipers in real life are the most distrusted and shunned. Also they have a MUCH higher suicide rate in the military.... thought I'd just add that in for those who like to snipe.

But they are necessary on the Front, no doubt. I do like the idea of having it like the JK series Disruptor Rifle that you charge.

To tell you the truth, the droideka is the best unit up against infantry bots. He has a shield and the best ROF, and in this game it's much easier to dodge grenades, you just hit duck and roll forward while holding the dash button. When you're out of range, set back up again and wait for them to come back. You have to be shot once in order for your shields to start going down automatically, so you can keep it on and guard vital areas like flags in 2 flag ctf. Not to mention that it only takes em 5 seconds to charge it back up. They have infinite ammo, can recharge in about 3 seconds when overheated. One time on GC I was playing as the CIS. The Republic had attacked Naboo, the only planet next to their fleet. Last I checked the score it was 50 to 3, us losing. I went and respawned as a destroyer and it was like, 48 to 1 (it was a miracle I was the only guy left). I was getting my butt kicked, they just kept blasting the crap out of me, but somehow, I ended up killing the whole crowd. Then I went around for like, 10 minutes killing all of the rest 1 by 1. It was pretty sweet, since half of them were in those chicken walker things, especially since this was the first time I had ever played as a droideka.

I'd have to say Sniper because they just don't have the cool feel to them that they have in games like Delta Force and Battlefield.

Then General Vee... Imperial Officer I mean, because he's just so messed up he's a joke. He's not even an Officer (as most people think of them- think Moffs and Admirals and anyone in grey who shouts "Rebel Scum!", not General Veers) for a start and his primary weapon is a GEONOSIAN SONIC PISTOL which completely contradicts the long established Imperial hatred of Aliens. And it sucks. Commando pistol or the Precision Pistol would have been nicer. The Mortar Launcher isn't anything to advertise. Rage isn't all the rage and Recon Droids aren't unique to him.

Then the Jet Trooper. Overpowered in SWBF1? Yes. Now? He's just a free kill much of the time. It's not his weapon, it's his Jetpack, from which he derives his name. 5 seconds of slow flight. What's the point? Giving him 10 or 15 secs flight time isn't going to overpower him. He's weak and has a pretty poor weapon, high target and only 4 of him at once!

Surprisingly, I don't mind the Droideka.

I've been trying out the Sonic Blaster and its not as bad as I first thought. Do you know it can shoot completely accross the map farther then the sniper rifle? The sniper rifle has a long, but limited range. The Sonic Blaster does not have a limited range.

Me too, I find it an okay weapon it's just that I don't think it's sonic effect fits the character, it should be a highly damaging accurate laser blast with a low rate of fire, basicly the same thing but with a laser blast instead of a sonic one. That's just a cosmetic change of course, he's still a bit of a lightweight compared to the magna guard or clone commander, then again he is never against the clone commander or magna guard, only the bothan spy.

...he's still a bit of a lightweight compared to the magna guard or clone commander, then again he is never against the clone commander or magna guard, only the bothan spy.

Thinking about it, the weapon seems ok pairing it with the Bothan Spy. The sonic weapon seems to have the largest radius out of all the weapons. That means less shots to uncover a hidden spy. I still don't think its an effective main weapon though.

I'd say heavy weapons. Though compared to BF1 it does more damage against vehicles.

But the main problems I have:

No auto lock-on.

Almost no noticeable splash damage against infantry. Almost meaning: remember in BF1 when a rocket would strike the ground, even if the infantry wasn't killed, at least they were thrown back. Now it seems they take damage, but keep moving and acting like they were hit with pistol fire.

2nd to that I'd say snipers. Though they all have two zooms, there's no reticule without zoom. Plus, the reticule seems less accurate than BF1.

Archived