Home

PS2 Dedicated Server

mikejones

• 2 weeks later...

First make sure you download the game server hosting FOR THE PS2 that runs on your PC. The file should be called "SWBattlefrontPS2Server_2.exe". Notice the PS2 in that file name. Here is where I got mine with no wait time.

SWBFI

http://files.filefront.com/Star_Wars_Battlefront_PS2_Server_v11/;3772108;;/fileinfo.html

SWBFII (just in case you want this one too... I have yet to get this one working though)

http://sw-bf.de/files/tools/SWBattlefrontIIPS2Server.exe

Next, I am running behind a firewall, as I assume you are too. You now will need to forward your ports. I called my router company and asked them how to forward my ports. Here are my settings inside my router under the NAT -> Special Applications area.

Trigger Port, Trigger Type, Public Port, Public Type

1450, TCP, 1450-1650, TCP

1450, UDP, 1450-1650, UDP

3650, UDP, 3650-3660, UDP

2000, TCP, 2000-2500, TCP

2000, UDP, 2000-2500, UDP

Hope that helps... but if not, leave me another message and I will see if I can help out further.

• 2 months later...

I used your port fowarding setting with my netgear router with no success. I cannot even see the hosted game in LAN mode from the PS2...

I'd really like to be able to see my game from the Gamespy server and connect to it within my network obviously.

Hope you can help.

• 3 months later...

I used the ports mentioned in the first post to set up my server behind a netgear router with my PS2 also behing it on another LAN port. Billservo, I didn't have to use the portforward to show up on the gamespy listing, it was already working,however it did change my listing from ping "9998" to a real ping. Sounds like you may have another issue besides forwarding the ports. (maybe the SPI firewall or windows firewall is blocking you?)

Does anyone know a listing of all the ports this server program uses, I'm having a problem with headset audio and I'm analyzing it with OnlineEye as it runs, but I can't figure out whether it's just going on 3658-9 or something else entirely.

In particular, do the ps2 and pc server use any of the same ports, cause I am trying to portforward to them both without a conflict.

One thing I did notice with OnlineEye: The server doesn't seem to use TCP at all, only UDP. That is, I monitored the traffic through several rounds, and all I saw was UDP.

Try turning on DMZ on your router to see if is a router issue. Your game should show up on gamespy with a regular ping. With DMZ on (All ports opened) windows firewall will ask you if you would like to continue blocking Battlefront.exe. Select "No" and nothing else should be required to be done. You may have to assign a static IP to your computer in order to run in DMZ mode, your router manual should help you do that.

Supposedly these are the only ports you need fowarded to accually run the game:

TCP ONLY

3658, 3659 & 6500

I also heard to open 27900 so Gamespy servers can see the game. But when DMZ is on you don't need to do this.

As far as the mic problem. We have the same trouble with no mic in the room we are hosting. From hours of troubleshooting I am convinced that it has something to do with having the same Public (WAN) IP address on the ps2 and computer running the server, because in your own room, it recognizes your IP as your ps2's local IP address, not your WAN address.

I can only think of 2 possible solutions:

1) somehow setup the ps2 to run through a proxy wich would give it a different IP, but it would give you a higher ping. I wouldn't run the computer through one because that would pobably slow it down quite a bit. If anyone knows how to do this !please! post instructions.

2) connect 2 modems, 1 for computer and 1 for ps2. This would also pull 2 different IP's. I have DSL so I don't know if this would work for cable, but theroretically it would work for my connection. My ISP says I cannot do this without paying for 2 phone and DSL lines, but they also told me my upstream bandwidth is only 384k when it is really 574k. I do not want to go buy a new modem to try this longshot scheme, so if anyone has an extra modem laying around, could they try it and please post results?

thanks in advance

• 3 months later...

that's a clever idea about using 2 modems, the only problem would be your provider may have to activate and configure your modem for it to work. they would be aware of your having 2 modems

the idea in your recent reply to my thread elsewhere seems more practical to me, I will try that. so far I have not seen any solution to the audio thing.

except one thing: when I turn off port-forwarding completely, so the server pings "9998" to gamespy, my mic works, sometimes. not all the time - but then, it never works all the time even on other servers.

• 10 months later...

Here’s what I got:

I have 2 Ethernet Cables,

One going to the PC & one going to the PS2 (SEPARATE ip addresses)

from a Cisco Router.

I am running the PS2 Dedicated Server on the PC & logging on to my room with the PS2.

On the PS2, the Network Adapter info for: Ip-Address & DNAS is set-up correctly.

.................................................. ..................................................

The PC: (ports that are forwarded)

static tcp 3658 (Star Wars Battlefront)

static udp 3658 (Star Wars Battlefront)

static tcp 6500 (GameSpy Arcade query port)

static udp 27900 (GameSpyID, master server udp heartbeat)

.................................................. .................................................. ..

what do I see?

a) my room: (T.G.E.).Headshots is playable

b) Session 1 has a high ping (Headset works)

c) Session 2 has a low ping (Headset doesn't work)

d) I am able to hear & speak in the other people's rooms

e) GameSpyId has a difficult time recording my stats for both Sessions

f) My Windows XP Home Edition Firewall is OFF, Cisco Router has one already

If anyone knows the TRUE SET-UP for hosting the PS2 Server for Battlefront 1

on their PC and able to access the room on their PS2 with no problems, please respond, and if it works, I will inform everyone!

Thank you!

Archived