Home

Custom Maps you'd want

Angarah

What kind of custom maps would you guys like to see for SWBF 2? My list would go something like this

-Original Bespins

-Original Geonosis

-Original Rhen Vars

-Mustafar Space (from GC)

- Coruscant Space(from GC)

- Coruscant land map that deals with the city, not the temple

- Cato Neimoidia

- Saleucami (where Stass Allie was shot off her speederbike during Order 66)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Coruscant Space: Like the campaign map, only this time around you have all the ship types available, and more then one capital ship per side. Can you say huge chaotic space battle where your average life span is 5 seconds.

-Bespin: Cloud City- I'm sure everyone wants the Bespin levels back, but I was thinking of a cool version that would sort of mix the two levels together, one force starts on some platforms and has to land and take over the city using transports. The city itself wold have several landing pads for the attackers to land on as well as defenders starfighters to spawn on, and would basicly have the same look as the old bespin cloud city, but with more corridors and buildings that you can fight inside surrounding the city square. Sort of a cool mix of starfighting and corridor based combat.

-Geonosis: Arena A large chaotic Jedi vs CIS map, with an Acklay thrown in for good measure. If it's possible their could be a "survivor" mode, where the jedi get one spawn, that's it, you have one life to survive endless streams of droids, geonosians, and a certain bounty hunter before yoda and his clones arrive. Victory is determined by who gets the most points, (killied a jedi? 5 points, killed a droid? 1, killed Jango fett? 25!) Of course this probably isn't possible so a good ole' conquest/CTF could work to I guess. Just not as cool.

-Geonosis: somthing awsome along the lines of what Redtech suggested. Rebublic actually has to land AT-TE's on Geonosis and storm the planet.

-Endor: Death Star II:- If you really need a description of this map, just read Fate's Decisions's thread Endor: movie style. Theres more then enough in there.

-Death Star: Trench Run- Well I think it would be cool, rebel's actually spawn as X or Y wings and assault the Death Star. Empire spawns inside a hanger on the side of the Death Star and either man turrets or fly TIE fighters. Quick map with one objective, attack/defend Death Star, rebels must get a hit exactly in the exaust port while doing the trench run, which makes them easy pickings for imperial TIE fighters, imperials simply defend the Death Star for 15 minutes, then they automaticly win.

-Naboo: the invasion of Theed:- This would basicly be a supersized version of the original theed map, the original map would be kept, but with a huge expanded city part on the other side of the canal, and the palace would be opened up and made into it's own little level within the bigger part of Theed. The first part of the city would basicly be three large main streets flanked by houses and buildings on either side, the command posts would be inside these buildings and only accessable through back streets and alleys, so large tank like vehicles can't get in. Then once the city is conquered the canal must be crossed and the palace stormed. I would hope for alot more interaction with buildings, actually being able to enter them, break windows and snipe from the top floor etc. Victory could be gained one of three ways, the normal capture all spawn points, or deplete reinforcements, or kill a certain NPC whose holed up in the palace, the NPC could be the Queen of Naboo, for the rebels and rebublic, some sort of imperial governer for the empire and a cowardly Neimoidian leader for the CIS, complete with a useless lackey and team of security battledroids.

-Utapau: Sinkhole: Okay, yeah theres already an Utapau map, but I think a custom one that would make it bigger, and maybe integrate some starfighter combat would be cool. The rebublic controls a capital ship that hovers over the Sinkhole, from this the Rebublic must launch LAAT gunships to invade Utapau, the actual ground levels would be made diffrent as well, maybe with several levels along the side of the hole, the first one would be basicly the same as the original, the second would be another one, maybe a bit larger, and the third, lowest one would contain the CIS hanger, where CIS starfighters would spawn to defend the upper levels. So basicly the rebublic has to capture the sinkhole one level at a time. Once they take CP's they can spawn vehicles of their own, and start to take over the level, (maybe if it could be made correctly, they could even drop off an AT-TE or two via gunship.). Maybe they could even incorperate some objectives: Example for the CIS, destroying the Rebublic capital ship results in immediate victory, wheras the Rebublic must destroy all three CIS energy towers (the one from the campaign) there would be one on each level, each one more well defended then the last. (the last one could be hidden away in some underground cavern so you can't just destroy it with a vehicle.)

-Kamino: Cloning Facility: Alright, I don't know about anyone else but I've always wanted a Kamino map where you actually have to land on the platforms and take the facility. Basicly a large cloning facility surrounded by platforms where original EPII jedi fighters spawn, to try to keep the droid tranpsorts from landing, the droids spawn as vulture droids until a transport lands, then they can spawn as a droid and try to penetrate the facility. Overall the droids are trying to destroy the cloning facility/steal clone DNA, while the clones try to destroy all the transports before the droids can land.

Plain and simple, I'd like to see the return of the missing maps from SWBF1 multiplayer (and yes, that includes Geonosis with LAATs!).

They really ought to release a patch that fixes bugs along with a free map pack.

But knowing them we'll probably get (at best) one new map, like SWBF1, and then the game will be abandoned.

Of course I would be overjoyed if they redeemed themselves from the mismanagement of the previous title's support.. ;P

What kind of custom maps would you guys like to see for SWBF 2? My list would go something like this

-Original Bespins

-Original Geonosis

-Original Rhen Vars

-Mustafar Space (from GC)

- Coruscant Space(from GC)

- Coruscant land map that deals with the city, not the temple

- Cato Neimoidia

- Saleucami (where Stass Allie was shot off her speederbike during Order 66)

1) Yes

2) No

3) No

4) Yes, but with less asteroids

5) Yes

6) We don't need one

7) No

8) No

i think maybe a map with space and a planet like courcant cis vs republic cis get huge space force and repubilc get ground and space spawn points and more spawn ships there on xconquest and maybe jedi get health bar instead of the timer i hate that thing!

Yeah I really hope someone can convert the original maps to work in BF2. I think some of the maps with aircraft should be modified though so that you have more room to fly. Bespin platforms for example.

A larger Utapau map where you could fly between cities on opposing sides of those large craters would be neat. That way you'd be forced to ferry across your troops in transports to cap CPs.

I also would like to see the return of some (improved of course) SWBF1 maps, Most of the maps they kept in SWBF2 seem to be much more infantry oriented, not as much space to drive your tank around. Some larger more open spaced maps would be nice.

I think a redone plains level, one thats a bit bigger and maybe includes some gungan swamps would be cool (as well as a much better place to hunt gungans) and I liked the Dune Sea map, I would like to see it return as well, only without those starfighters, and it would be alot more fun now that vehicles are more "support" and less "Invincible Behemoths"(oh yeah hunt would be more fun their to, especially as it gives the Jawas an objective, defend the sand crawler from Tuskan raiders!)

What might be kind of cool is if these ship interior levels, like the Invisible Hand, droid control ship etc, were actually on boardable capital ships during space combat levels. Want to fight inside a droid control ship? Land a transport in it and capture the hanger to establish a foothold and take the ship from there. Each ship could have several command posts within it with corridors, doors, vital system rooms of course, there could essentially be several mini levels within one huge space battle, rather then make each one a seperate level.

Of course it could cause problems, like if everyone is clumped fighting in one droid control ship leaving the rest of the battlefield deserted, and I imagine there might be numerous technical problems.

Hey Android, thinking of joining Pandemic? :p

Anyway, the "ULTRA" boardable levels would be sweet. Anyway, it might get empty when everyone is invading the ship, but then again, all it takes is one transport to fly the other way into the enemy hanger while no one's looking. ;)

Man, I would be terrible working at pandemic, I would spend all my time thinking of how cool stuff would be and never get any work done.

That would be cool/annoying though, visiously fighting in the corridors of some captial ship only to realize your losing or have suddenly won because some guy went around capturing all the others while your team was busy defending/attacking one... I imagine it might tick some people off, buy hey, it's your problem if your not defending your ship.

Archived