Home

Custom Maps you'd want

Angarah

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats so bad about EU levels? I think so long as the level has a good design and is fun to play, and most importantly doesn't replace battles from the movie, or decrease their quality in any way, I'm all for EU battles. Of course I would get mad if they ditched Hoth for some place I've never heard of, the movies are what the majority of people are going to want to play, locations they have actually seen on screen etc, rather then some random planet from a book they have never heard of.

But the movies can only provide a certain amount of locations, the EU offers plenty more to conquer. So while I would prefer a level based off of the movies, after all they're the ones I have actually seen and care about, i'm not opposed to EU levels in anyway. In my opinion if the level is well designed, fun and unique it has every right to be in battlefront.

I haven't played BF2 in MP mode long enough to make a definitive statement, but it seems they took out, or altered, all the maps, except Hoth, that had airship and infantry/ground ship combinations. Now, if you're in a ship, you're in space. I'm thinking of maps like, Bespin Platforms, Kashyyyk Islands, and Dune Sea. Maybe I'm wrong, but if that is the case I'd like to see those types brought back. Yeah, it's annoying as hell to be running along and get killed by an unseen ship, or those stupid X-wings that seem to hover indefinitely......but there's just something about those maps I miss.

A REAL Bespin map; the old one(s) didn't look at all like Bespin. They're supposed to look like in Jedi Outcast, not all pink and purple like in the first Battlefront game.

Also the arena from Episode 2, I want a Jedi vs CIS thing going on.

And basically what everybody else said... altough one day I want a KOTOR-version of this game, imagine all the fun.

A REAL Bespin map; the old one(s) didn't look at all like Bespin. They're supposed to look like in Jedi Outcast, not all pink and purple like in the first Battlefront game.

What? Have you seen ESB? Jedi Outcasts Bespin is the worst interpretation in any game. The Buildings are NOT orange, Battlefronts Cloud City is what Cloud City looks like.

http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/da_bespin.jpg

They kind of look orange when the Falcon is first flying into the City but only because of the sun setting, thats why the clouds are orange.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/bespin/img/movie_bg.jpg

I also believe Bespin was orange/brown in Rebel Strike for the Gamecube?

Either way, Battlefront made it look way too purple. It honestly felt more like Taris from KOTOR.

That's odd, still, I clearly remember Bespin being kind of brown/orange. Your pictures weren't much proof, one seemed way too dark and the other seemed like recoloured picture. I've seen ESB a hundred times, and I remember the brown/orange look

lol they were the best I could find. The bit on ESB, where the camera is following the Cloud Car and then flies past the window where Leia is standing, there you can see the true daytime colour of the buildings.

Edit: I just watched the ESB DVD back again, where the camera is following the Cloud Car, it clearly shows that the Cloud City buildings are NOT orange/brown. (Thank God.)

Rhen Var was great. I loved that map just because of the tunnel. There was really no where to hide in that map so it took decent teamwork to win.

I want them to bring Bespin back, but in a larger format. Maybe leave out the all the ships except for the A-Wing and transport types. Having X-Wings and Tie fighters along with bombers would be annoying. But if you had some transports to help move soldiers behind enemy lines and some fast but lightly armored ships as support that would make a larger map more fun. Keep the big turrents to help protect against the transports and small fighters but keep them near the back to protect those last few bases.

I wish you could play as a captain or gunner for one of the Star Destroyers and lay waste to Hoth and the transport ships that are trying to leave. Also playing as a main gunner for the Rebels on hoth and protecting the transport ships as they leave would be fun. That would really make protecting the shield generator mean something.

The Death Star trench run would be great. Hell you could even have hero mode and play as Luke and Darth. Give them great skills as as pilots but limit their use to one trench run per player or X amount of kills, something like that.

In the space battles, those would be a lot more fun if you use the guns to actually hit the other ship. Why can't you pilot the star destroyers that would be fun and add some interesting twists to the game. Atleast let us control the frigates and use those in battle to attack or protect the main ships.

That's what I would look for. I'm happy with most of the maps, but I just wish they were either bigger or they resembled the movies a bit more.

Can we have a hero map that limits the jedi and forces people to rely more on the other heros. One night a heromap server we all thought it would be great to not play as jedi, just as everyone else. the game took forever, but it was like playing hide and go seek with blasters. Where were the wookies firing from, where the hell is Han hiding and dammit Jango set me on fire again. I have no idea what kind of map or if it would involve setting up a room that way, but it was a lot of fun to do

If they had more maps that involved teamwork and made it hard to win if your side didn't work together that would make me happy.

Archived