Home

Looking for Love

Tysyacha

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

Searching. And waiting. And searching and waiting some more.

Have you ever heard the old saying, "The more you seek pleasure,

the more that pleasure will elude you?" That's me and my love life.

I've been interested in guys since I was 12 years old. In middle

school and high school, however, all of the guys that I liked either

already had girlfriends, or they barely knew that I existed, except

as a somewhat-familiar girl's name in the annual school yearbook.

College was a little better, though not much. I went out on dates

with a couple of guys, but nothing developed more than a friendly

acquaintanceship. D.F. is married now, and I hope that he and his

wife are happy and well. However, I look back on our date and

wonder what would have happened if we would have hit it off.

M.H. made out with me, and I hoped it would lead to something

more. However, it didn't, and he dumped me like a sack of rocks

a couple of nights afterward. I knew he was trying to be kind

about it, but M.H. told me that he really wasn't romantically interested.

K.J. and I clung to each other like drowning people, in retrospect.

We both needed love and companionship, since our college lives

were both sheer hell. I hope he's doing better, and happy.

Now, I have no one, even though I've tried the "Internet thing."

I've always had to be the one to make the first move, and that's

really getting old fast. Fourteen years of asking guys out? It's tough.

So, I hate the search for love, but I hate the wait even more.

*takes eharmony.com and match.com off her Favorites for good*

I hope you're not looking for it here, because sister, this is the last place you should even consider.

now why would you say that?

anyway eharmony sucks I was on it for 3 months and the never matched me with anyone O.o

my advice is don't put any effort into looking. cuz we all know you find what you want when your NOT looking for it :)

Stop looking completely, dont give a crap about wanting one, and enjoy being single, and when you actually convince yourself you dont want one, you'll get one. Im not joking. :p

Aash Li knows what's up. Take this advice to heart, because it's absolutely true.

Nothing drives lovers away faster than even the faintest whiff of desperation. Good luck =)

my stock in eharmony crashed when they matched my ex-fiancee with one of my closest friends ><

It's alright Tysyacha you will meet the right guy one day, don't stress about it an as most have stated don't get desperate an when you really don't care about a relationship or even want one someone will pop up for sure, happened to me numerous times... the last one went on for 2 an half years an in the end was a waste of time, maybe im bitter an im male so alls i really want is someone who puts out cuz ive been burnt by too many bitches to really care but im sure you will meet someone, as they say theres someone out there for everyone an life can be a bitch until you find them. But as others have said this definetley ain't the place to be looking or showing desperation.

Teeheehee... I love answering this junk.

First of all, you sound like you ewant sex more than anything. that's where you're going wrong. Find aguy, become his friend. That's how I got my girlfried. I was her best friend by the time I asked her out! (And she of course answered yes.) Now we've been boyfriend/girlfriend for 2 or maybe 3 months. She's the kewlest... But anyways, Just make friends with the guy, then wait for a few months... and then go in for the ''kill''.

PS

You're probrbly thinking. "OMG! I'm getting advice from a frickin 12 year old kid? What a fag!" Well just trust me. I'm good with this stuff. Heh, I watch Dr. Phil and oprah... teeheehee! See ya!

The teeheehee thing is my signature. Duh, I'm an angel... a little angel! Hooray! I can be gloomy if you want! Wanna see/ Huh huh huh?*Frowns and puts on black and gothic makeup* Bleh... I'm miserable.... I hate everything! BLEH! *Changes back* Cool, Isn't it?

No, it's not. Stop calling attention to yourself. Nobody cares for it, and quite frankly it makes you look like a complete idiot.

And you're all of what, twelve years old? I hardly think you've got enough experience to be giving out relationship and love advice. And it's clear that you have no clue what Tysyacha is talking about, since she's looking for companionship, not necessarily sex. So just shut your face and go play footsie with your "girlfried."

I am no advice expert, but I will tell you from personal experience...

Get off the computer, get out and do things and I promise you'll meet someone...

Been married for 9 years so I know what I am talking about...

Neither my husband nor I were looking for anyone the night we met, but we found each other and we couldn't be happier.

We've been married 9 years, have a 7 year old little boy and everyday is better than the one before :)

Someone will come along, just be patient...

and my biggest piece of advice... don't computer date...

Try going out to a nightclub, or social functions in your area...

Good luck!

Archived