Home

Win back the community campaign

Guest DarthMaulUK

Dude I don't listen to my video game friends... My video game friends and my real life friends still play SWG. Also why are you saying that WoW will be taking any noobs?? Lol there are plenty of Vets that went to WOW because of how much they did not like SWG.

you know this whole thing seems wrong and not thought out wait till all updates are done if it help which from what i can tell they'll get rid of lag maybe and get some xp fixes but with every class about the same it wont lead anywhere but the trash bin so if thats what happens then we make them turn it back or TURN IT OFF cus hell no they arent giving money back

Yeah, of course your opinion is shared by everyone.

I played Galaxies for 5 months I went on other forums and I know other people that really hate he game. Also when I said us I was saying the other people that hate Sony, not just me. My friends that still play Galaxies hate Sony.

You don't even know the game, you thought Reign Of Chaos was an expansion for World Of warcraft :S

I know I have not but I know other people who have and I have played it at their house. Also by the way DarthMaulUk is saying that WoW is kicking their butt is kinda ovious to me that Sony is doing something wrong. Hugo how would you know that I have never played it? for all know I might have it right now, or I could play it alot at my friends house :p

P.S Sorry for double posts =(

• 3 weeks later...

Although I can understand why people want a refund I fail to see why SOE should give the vets a refund. The vets payed for a game called Star Wars Galaxies. No particular RPG or FPS. Just a game called Star Wars Galaxies. Since the game is still Star Wars Galaxies Sony hasn't ripped anyone off. Just made a lot of people mad.

I have to say that I stopped playing Star Wars Galaxies long ago, after it was initially released, as I ended up finding that the game was just too much of a chore (grind), and really didn't end up feeling much like Star Wars at all. I think the last time I played the game had just received speeder bikes.

Anyway, from what I understand, some of the proposed changes sound like they could be promising, but others make me wonder. For example, I hope there are enough classes to satisfy most people. But I would welcome anything to get rid of the tedium, and inject a little life into a game that I had come to find as exhaustion interrupted by slight moments of interest.

Don't get me wrong - there were some really cool people I would hang with, and we went on some entertaining group missions - but the fun we had mainly came from our banter than the game itself. I missed those people when I stopped playing, but I didn't miss the game.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimisitic about the new changes. I'll have to try it before I can put forth an informed opinion.

• 1 month later...

FPS= good idea, but not at the expense of 36 professions. Caused massive bugs, and poorly implemented.

NGE= Too little, too late, and totally sucks. (PacMan is better, and requires more thought to play)

SOE= Lies, continually misinterpreting the public, full of crap, half though out ideas, incompetent, nerf happy. (Bad customer relations with all past MMO's, makes mostly platform games for low end crap. Not ready for high end computer game market yet/ever with repeating track record)

PreCU/PostJTL= Best thriving community, lots of RPing, greatest things crafted, needed war PVP/PVE spawns to give it the intense Starwarsy feel. Needed more content for BH's, (neutral) gangs & Smugglers. Needed mountable AT-ST's/Tanks/resuppy crew/booby traps/insane (mad)pets/ect.

CU= Bugs, balance problems, smaller(8 vs 20?)/shorter lived groups(always grabbing more ppl in town), made the stats of weapons easier to understand, added more mounts. Had players wear more types of armor, but nerfing them at the same time along with custom stat ability's. Bio-linked junk, lots of loot becoming better than crafted. Still no war, or content for BH's & Smugglers.

To lure the crowds back... Try dumping SOE. Bring back complexity, fun, challenges, RPing, customizing, crafters (making the best again), PVE/PVP war spawns/zones (more/bigger like, or better than the Imp vs Gungan POI). AT-ST/Tank/ect. mounts (not crappy pet AT's) for the SW feel we wanted, and were expecting. After the grind with limited feel/looks at the end sucked. Could've been so much better. Now its an Atari platform game that requires no skills. Just keep pushing the button till master with no thought or tactics like all the other 9 cookie cutter toons in game with no option to change profession's once you go nuts.

My 3 accounts died with the NGE. I'm playing AO, and Neocron2 for my MMO fix. Miss SWG, but won't return to such lousy service. Humans evolve as they grow older. Games need to keep in step evolving also. Revamp old ideas, and bring in new content. BF2, SWG-NGE, Halo, ect. are a step backwards towards the old PacMan Atari games rehashing the button is all you can do. Platform games are for the less advanced gamers with limited thought, and attention spans seeking insta gratification. If you want to include area's for them in the game without affecting the more elite gamers, by all means capitalize then. But do not scrap the whole thing just to cater to them thinking we'll still pay for that crap. I've got cash to burn for great accounts/games, and I won't even play free crappy ones that suck like the NGE.

AO will be adding Mech's, and space fighters with Eden expansion. Not as good as SWG pre-NGE, But it'll hold me till DnL, and ST-O comes out. Damn Dev's can't seem to make good/large content full MMO's like UO in a 3D SIFI, or crank 'em out fast enough. Sucks being hooked when you know what you want, but pencil pushing moron's run the show. =(

Archived