Home

Mercenary crew

starmark2k

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Scuz, hows it coming with that beacon, I don't want to be here to much longer." Jacen said into his com-link connecting it to the internal com on the spacesuit. He then turned to Mia "So Jedi, When we get to nar shaddar i'm sure you can find a way off the planet, yourself."

Jacen then turned and went to the cockpit, Knowing it would be quiet as graothar was in his room, He often came to the cockpit when it was quiet. He liked to look at the stars, It made him feel small, Which made him feel calm in situations that were often big or of galactic proportions. But this never lasted long someone always came to bother him.

((sry folks. my internet went down for a couple of days, but i managed to get it working again.))

Scuzzy carefully made his way along, making sure that both the tether line and the magnetic boots were hooked up properly. A couple of yards away, Scuzzy knelt down and began to weld the homing signal to the hull of the other ship. It was kind of awkward having to work with such thick gloves, but Scuzzy had done it many times before in the past. Finally, the welding was complete, and Scuzzy returned his tools to pouch.

Turning around, Scuzzy signaled to John that everything was ready to go. "Scuz, hows it coming with that beacon, I don't want to be here to much longer," Jacen said over the comlink. "Its already done. We're heading back in right now," Scuzzy replied.

Jacen Was still looking out at the stars, his mind began to wonder, It may have been due to the stress from the fight and finding the sowaway, or the lack of sleep he had put down to the jedi's force powers.

Jacen was brought out of this by the his com-link beeping, "Its already done. We're heading back in right now."

"kay Scuz when you're back on board prep the ship to detach and for low-power manouvering.. We don't want the sith to detect our power output or that will put all your hard work to waste."

Mya nodded. "True. But I also know that one of your gunners is keeping secrets. Even I couldn't discover them." She glanced out of the cockpit before turning back to Jacen. "I'm referring to Emma Hoff. She's got a big secret she just won't give up." She frowned. "How much do you know about her?"

"Emma, She joined about a month ago, I went into a cantina asked the tender to spread the word i was looking for a gunner and she turned up, As for having a secret, We all got em, My crew they may think they know me but they don't. Hell they don't even know where i was born or grew up. Honestly Jedi as long as she does her job, I don' care."

"Everybody has secrets," Mya said, standing. "I'm just not sure you should trust her... I saw in her mind that she was late to a crew meeting. Do you know why?" She shook her head. "I don't either, but she lied to you."

With that, she walked out of the cockpit, leaving him to think about what she'd said.

Jacen Watched the Jedi leave and turned his focus back to the viewport. Jacen Didn't linger on the words she said to long, He trusted emma more than he would trust that jedi... any jedi for that fact. He didn't hate them it was just a feeling he has had since the Mandalorian war, They weren't to be trusted, the force gave them powers that he didn't understand and that made them even worse in his eyes.

Jacen shook this line of thought and hit the intercom to graothars room. "Hey Graothar it's time to earn your keep, get up here and prep the ship for launch."

Within seconds of Mya's leaving the cockpit, Emma entered, staring at the Jedi's back for a moment before turning back to Jacen.

"What did she talk to you about?" she asked. She shuddered slightly. "She glared at me just now... I get the feeling she doesn't like me."

Emma walked into the cockpit

"What did she talk to you about?" she asked. She shuddered slightly. "She glared at me just now... I get the feeling she doesn't like me."

"I wouldn't worry about it, she don' trust you, but she's a jedi there ain't many people they do trust." Jacen explained as his wookie pilot entered "Hey graothar, As soon as scuzzy and John are in head strait for the landing pad in the corellian district of nar shaddar. Fly an minimal power we don't want the siths attention."

((ooc- O.k guys we're almost at the end of this chapter of the Phoenix crew, Just need to land, have a bit of af shoot-out on the landing pads, then I'll type a tyeing up this chapters lose ends, then i'll start a new thread for chapter 2 "Merceary crew: The Bank Job" and all those who didn't have much to do will have more for the next one. so i hope to see you all there.))

Archived