Home

Song Remakes

Seph

What are your least favorite song remakes like(an old song redone by a different band) Mine has got to be Hurt performed by Nine Inch Nails, I thought it was horrible and just made me sick that they f***ed up such a good song, by Johnny Cash no less.

EDIT: As Pie was so nice to point out. Ok I screwed up but since that doesn't count these boots are made for walking was god awful

KMFDM's cover of "These Boots Were Made For Walking" is awesome. Their cover of "Mysterious Ways" by U2 is really good as well.

The Saves The Day cover of Modern English's "I Melt With You" is also exellent.

My Friend of Misery by Metallica was covered by Dark Tranquility. Also a good cover.

On the flip side: Limp Bizkits cover of Behind Blue Eyes is atrocious. No other horrible covers come to mind. Maybe Snoop Dogg's cover of "Riders On The Storm"--if that could even be considered a cover.

Type O Negative's version of The Doors' Light My Fire is good, and their cover of Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl is great.

Most of The Electric Hellfire Club's covers are good too.

Pain has a cool cover of The Beatles' Eleanor Rigby.

The Sisters Of Mercy's take on Hot Chocolate's Emma is probably my favourite cover song.

Didn't really like Children Of Bodom's cover of Oops I Did It Again though. It was funny the first time, but the song is still crap.

HIM's covers of Billy Idol's Rebel Yell and Turbonegro's Rendezvous With Anus are both sh*tty, but that's because HIM is a sh*itty band.

I like Bright Eye's live cover of "Out on the Weekend".

And I love the Hurt cover by Johnny Cash. The music video is so sad.

No really bad remakes come to mind. The Limp Bizkit version of Behind Blue Eyes isn't as bad as everyone is saying it is, IMO.

The Creed version of "I'm Eighteen" is just disappointing.

I can't think right now...

DHT's remake of Listen to Your Heart sucks. At least the stupid remix does; it just totally screws up a great song, although the slow piano version is alright. :)

Hurt is incredible by Johnny Cash. Even people that don't like country music like Johnny Cash. How can you not like this song? Okay so my mom's not a fan of this one either but my statement still stands. :p I know plenty of people that like Johnny but not country. Perplexing really. :)

As much as I like When the Stars Go Blue by the Corrs and Bono, when you hear the original by Ryan Adams, you realize that that is how it was meant to be sung. SO good. I'm listening to it right now. :^:

Fiona Apple's cover of Across the Universe could be better than the original by John Lennon.

Coming from me, that's saying a damn lot.

Oh, and Dream Theater's cover of The Rover/Achilles Last Stand/The Song Remains the same by Led Zeppelin is good, too. It's a suite, so each of the songs are shortened and flow into each other(it was live, I think). It's more like a metalish version of the songs, but I like the original versions more. Although, on the same album(it's Change of Seasons, where they have the 23 minute title track and rest are covers) they have the "Big Medley," six songs all combined. Only ones I recognized were In The Flesh and Bohemian Rhapsody. Bohemian wasn't bad, but In the Flesh was nothing compared to Pink Floyd's original.

I was at a movie theater a few months ago with the fiance. We were sitting there waiting for the previews to start. The theater was paying some indie rock music and we were'nt really paying attention to it. That is until we stopped looked at each other and realized what the song was. It was Fight for your right to party by the Beastie Boys...but it wasn't them. The song was accoustic and the singer was singing all slow like he was giving birth to a hippo. I've made better music sitting on the jon than this guy. I don't know who it was but if I meet this guy I might have to stab him in the jaw.

Fiona Apple's cover of Across the Universe could be better than the original by John Lennon.

I dont like it, well i like it but i prefer the one by Lennon. Maybe is because i asociate the remake to a spanish airlines advertisement (yep, stupid, but they put that ad every time in TV so i started hating both, the airlines and the remake)

Archived