Home

Is there a better way to take screenshots?

StaffSaberist

I do know how to do screenies, I have bound it to my Backspace key. I have usually resorted to "thereisnospoon" and "screenshot", both bound. But that isn't efficient. I wasted no less than 120 attempts getting my avatar! Is there a way to do that much easier, so I can just set the camera angle in front of me, and just hit screenshot once, knowing it will come out right?

I C&Ped the commands into the console, and now whenever I type scrnsht, it says:

"scrnsht" is:"seta cg_thirdPersonAngle 180; seta cg_drawStatus 0; wait 2; screenshot; seta drawStatus 1; seta cg_thirdPersonAngle 0;" default:"seta cg_thirdPersonAngle 180; seta cg_drawStatus 0; wait 2; screenshot; seta drawStatus 1; seta cg_thirdPersonAngle 0;"

Did I do something wrong?

You'd bind 'vstr scrnsht' to a key. But if you want to set it up specifically, rather than have a bound key, the commands you need are:

cg_thirdpersonangle (sets the camera angle around character)

cg_thirdpersoncameradamp (sets the movement speed of the camera - set it to 0 after the other commands)

cg_thirdperonvertoffset (moves the camera up/down)

cg_thirdpersonhorzoffset (moves the camera left/right)

cg_thirdpersonrange (moves the camera towards/away from your character)

cg_draw2d (I think that's the command - hides 2D images)

cg_fov (field of view - but you should always have it maxed at 97 for best view of the environment!)

And any other cg_thirdpersonXYZ commands. This will let you position the camera exactly how you want it, and then move your character exactly how you want seperately.

Some of the commands require cheats to be enabled.

I C&Ped the commands into the console, and now whenever I type scrnsht, it says:

"scrnsht" is:"seta cg_thirdPersonAngle 180; seta cg_drawStatus 0; wait 2; screenshot; seta drawStatus 1; seta cg_thirdPersonAngle 0;" default:"seta cg_thirdPersonAngle 180; seta cg_drawStatus 0; wait 2; screenshot; seta drawStatus 1; seta cg_thirdPersonAngle 0;"

Did I do something wrong?

you have to put it in a .cfg, not in the console...

And... rebind it every game. :( Or maybe it's because I load up mods from GameData every now and then. I have restored my bank of mods for JA: A total of 6 SP levels, 9 mods, and 13 MP levels. :cool: My sabers look nothing like the defaults...)

Anyways, back on topic:

I printed out those cg_thirdpersonxxxxxx commands. They work really well. And, maybe it's just me, but it seems I have a better framerate with cg_fov set to 100. At least the game is faster. And I used cg_thirdpersonangle 185 to get a view of Jaden SP in the Clone War Mod, holding a very big disruptor rifle. I was going to use it as my next avater, but that would be unbecoming of my name. :)

Thanks for the help. I never knew about these console commands, probably since I never played Q3. ;)

SBX Sabers are the best.

Isn't that for JK? I can make those in Paint. ;) I d/led the Ultimate Saber Mod, the one where you have a choice of Normal, Sith, or Yoda saber sounds, and the Saber Stances Mod, which changes how your saber looks when activated and at rest. All were gotten at http://www.lucasfiles.com.

cg_fov can only go up to 97 - in multiplayer, anyway. I can't remember if it's any different in singleplayer.

Has it been that long since you last played SP? Tsk, tsk. It goes to 100 on SP. :^:

@ZeroX2 - Ironically, I was browsing Massassi after posting that. I found that page, and thought, "crap, I'm gonna get my backside handed to me after saying that!" Thanks for not doing that. :D

@shukrallah - *moans* More scripting and getting dominated by lassev for being such a n00b. ;) j/k. I can set angles manually, so no biggie.

No you don't. You can type it in the console if you wish - it makes no difference. The problem was that he needed to bind 'vstr scrnsht' to a key, rather than 'scrnsht'.

or he could simply put it in a cfg and not **** with it anymore, which was what i was referring to.

Archived