Home

Twice Exiled, Twice Redeemed

Tysyacha

Two Years after the Finale of Knights of the Old Republic I

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

The JEDI KNIGHTS have failed their greatest mission to date:

trying to turn the Dark Lord REVAN back to the side of the Light.

Having reclaimed the mantle of Lord of the Sith, REVAN has begun

sending his starfleets to destroy the Republic once again. Hungry

for revenge against the Jedi Masters who manipulated him, the

Dark Lord commissions his spies to seek those who would aid him.

Meanwhile, the fate of a fledgling Knight-in-Training is being sealed.

Young YERY, strong in the Force but weak with a lightsaber,

longs to become a member of the Jedi Order. Five Masters

face the choice of whether or not to induct her, but only

one knows how high the stakes are for both himself and Yery...

"The Council will now come to order," announced Master Vandar.

He cleared his throat and began roll call. "Master Vrook?"

"Here," replied the staunch Jedi, his face hard and matter-of-fact.

Master Vandar nodded his head. "Master Dorak?" he asked.

"Here," said the Council's historian, raising his hand and smiling.

"I am, of course, here," Vandar told the group. "What of Kavar?

Is he present?" Seeing the Consular emerge from behind a pillar

in the Jedi Enclave, Master Vandar looked relieved. "Glad am I."

"I am here," said Kavar, "and ready to assist the Council."

"Good, good." Vandar's last glance was directed toward a cloaked

figure. His eyes were covered, but his lips formed a firm line. It

seemed as if Vandar did not quite trust this one, but perhaps that

was because the mysterious fifth member of the Jedi Council had

more power than the others. Only Vandar himself was superior.

"Now," said Vandar, not stopping to see if the figure would respond.

"We are here to decide if Yery, who has finished her training, is

worthy to join our great Order. What say you first, Master Vrook?"

"Nay," Vrook said. "That's my vote. Yery is very weak in her combat

skills, and we cannot have a Jedi who is the least bit careless with

his or her lightsaber. It's not that Yery means to be so, but in battle,

her stances and attacks are far from adequate. She should not join us."

Yery sighed, as if expecting this from Vrook, but her eyes were sad.

"I unfortunately second Vrook's recommendation," Dorak said.

"I fear for Yery's safety, and should anyone have to protect her, I

hope that two lives will not be lost instead of one. We need the

best of the best to stop Darth Revan, because he IS the best."

"I concur," replied Vandar, struggling with his own anger. Revan!

"How do you answer, Master Kavar, being a Consular yourself?"

"I welcome Yery," he said, "even as I see how she struggles in battle.

She is strong in the Force, and nothing is more powerful than that

which gives us life. There is no death because of the Force, yet Yery

would do everything in her power to make sure that wouldn't happen

to anyone. Her allies would be in good hands, knowing that Yery can heal."

"Agreed," replied Master Vandar. "Yery, there are two of us who

would induct you, and two who would not. Do you have anything

to say on your own behalf, before I ask the final Master for his vote?"

Yery took a deep breath. "Yes," she said. "I would be a coward if

I did not. I know I am not the best when it comes to combat, be

it lightsaber dueling or blaster fire. However, the Force does flow

through me, and I would like to use it to protect and aid the Jedi.

The Sith must be stopped, especially with Lord Revan at their head.

I'd die if I weren't allowed to assist you, being sent to menial labor

on Telos!" Her face grew hot. One more mark against me...!

"Come." Master Vandar turned to the cloaked figure. "It is your

time to vote, and your decision. Shall Yery join us or not, Master?"

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((He He He! This is going to be good))

"Well, what are you waiting for?" asked Master Vrook, now a bit impatient, since the last Jedi Master was thinking for too long "Revan isn't going to wait for your decission."

The last of the Jedi Masters in the Council a person named Kyle Soran. Kyle Soran was known to be the last of the decendants of the rival family of the Organas, called Urgiya. The Urgiya were mostly a family whose interests were based on agriculture. And while their power raised, their interests widened, and soon they wanted to start into politics. They formed an alliance with a powerful political family: The Organas. But alas, as time passed their interests became different, and soon the entire family was killed by Selven, an experinced bounty hunter. The answer to why they didn't get along, is only known by Kyle who didn't like to talk to most people about it. Kyle was a tall and handsome man; he had short moustache and short hair mostly brown but a bit redish also. He had bright green eyes. Kyle rose from his chair, Yera watched him as he got up and looked around, eyeing the patient Jedi Masters who were still expecting his answer. He cleared his throat and began: "Light sabre fighting may be her weak side, but if we look at the fact that she probably can be useful even with the Force." Kyle showed to Yery who was still afraid of what might happen. "You will see that she can become a useful General and a strong ally." Yery now knew that he will say what he believes in and that the moment of reckoning has come. "So I welcome Yery into the Jedi Order." Yery couldn't believe what she was hearing, she didn't know whether to faint or to cheer. Suddenly, Dorak began: "And what will we do if she dies at the hand of a random Sith Apprentice? We cannot afford to lose even more Padawans just because we're careless."

"I understand your concern, Master Dorak." said Kyle, "So in order to prevent this, I have decieded to help Yery in practising her fighting with a light sabre."

"You do realise that this is a very radical decision, Padawan." frowned Vrook, not very convinced into Kyle's abilites "If she fails, then it will be your own fault. Are you ready to take that responsobility?"

"Yes I am." nodded Kyle. "And I would like to begin right away."

"Your wish has been granted Master Soran." said Vandar.

Kyle took Yery to the training room to help her enchance her abilites.

In the training room, Yery experienced an epiphany, a revelation of sorts.

So far in the course of her combat studies, she had only encountered

orders to swing harder, block faster, and aim more sharply. Never had

she encountered teaching such as Kyle's, which built on her strengths

rather than her weaknesses. Kyle seemed to know what they all were.

"So you're not that fast, eh? Try a Critical Strike instead of a Flurry

or Power Attack. Criticals take more time to execute, and should the

enemy strike first, your Energy Shield should buy you enough time to

counterattack. Use the Force, and you'll never go wrong with that."

Yery smiled and did as Kyle said. How encouraging, how wonderful!

After an hour or so of sparring, Kyle and Yery emerged triumphant.

"Greetings, Padawan," said Master Vandar, looking proud. "Seems it

to me that you have learned much from Master Soran. I know that

very eager you are to begin your true course of study as a Jedi Knight.

Tell me: what will you do to help us defeat the Sith and Lord Revan?"

"I'll go after Revan on the Outer Rim," Yery said confidently, "and,

hopefully, our fighters piloted by the finest men will be right behind."

Master Vrook was not pleased with this overheard response.

"And I should promote you to Jedi Master immediately!" He scowled.

"Seriously, with that attitude, you'll be one of the Sith in no time.

Arrogance and pride are emotions that both lead to the Dark Side.

Hasn't Master Vandar warned you about that?" His brow furrowed.

Yery sighed deep in her chest, and her gaze turned cold.

"Since you think I'm so weak with a lightsaber, perhaps we should fight

a duel. If I win, then you'll apologize to me for showing these same attitudes."

"And if you lose, you'll scrub the floor of the Masters' barracks." Vrook stood firm.

"Deal!" A skittish droid handed Yery a single-bladed saber, and the duel began.

Vrook parried. He blocked. He feinted, luring Yery into sparring traps that

the young Padawan knew she should have avoided. Shame reddened her

face, and when the duel was done, a triumphant Vrook stood at attention.

"That was a fine effort, Padawan," he told her, "but not enough to win."

Yery bowed her head meekly. "Where is the Masters' barracks?" she

asked. "I know that Darth Revan and his Sith fleet will stop at nothing

to conquer us, but first I must conquer my pride and my passion."

How do I get myself in these messes? The smuggler Zarlak Ulgo asked himself. He was currently stuck in a prison cell of the Republic Cruiser. He had been caught tring to smuggle barrels of spice to a hutt space station. I should really give up smuggling. I'm 30 in several years. I should take my agents advice to find someone to settle down with. But nooo, i've got to carry on. Settling down would be too boring. I should of thought of prison before I made that deal with the hutt. Zarlak looked at a rodian who was starring at him. "What are you staring at bug-face?" The rodian shook it's head and looked away from him.

Zarlak stood up and walked to the Forcefeild "Hey gaurd! How much prison time will I get?"

"Well it is your first offence but we did find alot of spice. I'm guessing somewhere between 5 months and a year."

"Of crap." Zarlak sat down and but his hands on head and knelt foward Somebody help me please

When Yery was led into the Masters' barracks, she found that she would not be alone in cleaning. Another girl, no older than sixteen was already there. Her curly red hair fell to her shoulders, but was pulled back into a pony tail. Her eyes were green. As Yery approached, the girl glanced up.

"What're you being punished for?" she murmured.

((hmm, never tried this style of RP'ing before. never too late for this sort of thing...))

Hindalia turned his gaze towards the Force Field and once more caught a glimpse of the two Republic soldiers that were constantly guarding his cell. Of course, they weren't the only ones guarding it: Hindalia could sense the presence of two Jedi in a nearby room. Hindalia cringed slightly in his anger which rippled the large scar that was lying diagonally across his right cheekbone. The hatred was swelling within him, but still he just sat still in his cell, waiting for the moment to arrive.

Hindalia breathed in deep and closed his eyes to concentrate as the moment approached. Images began to flash in his brain. They were memories, both distant and near; faded and stunningly fresh; calm and violent; gentle and ruthless; reassuring and painful; loving and outrageous. Then, Hindalia exhaled slowly, releasing all but one image from his mind. A face that had been distant was now very real in his mind's eye and his hatred swelled anew.

Hindalia could feel the moment drawing closer as the two guards were replaced by a single guard for the night watch. Then, it arrived. Focusing his hatred, Hindalia reached out with the Force and strangled the fresh guard's lungs and heart. Hindalia could feel the heart instantly begin to beat faster in terror as if it could sense its master's imminent doom, and Hindalia relished in the fear. Then, with one swift strike through the Force, Hindalia crushed the guard and pulled him into the Force Field of his cell.

The two guards were just beginning to press the master switch on the control panel when they heard the dying gasps of the other guard. Not entirely believing what they were seeing, they didn't react until the body of the guard was crumpled against the Force Field. By instinct, the two men unholstered their blaster pistols and switched off the safeties. Hindalia instantly felt the blasters activating and moved his focus towards the two remaining guards.

Hindalia used the Force to grab the guard next to the control panel and fling him against it. The control panel buckled slightly under the blow, but the guard was crushed. Out of fear, the other guard panicked and fired his blaster at the control panel, causing the control panel to overload.

Hindalia opened his eyes as the control panel overload caused all of the cells to open. Hindalia then got up and walked through the opening, facing the the panicking guard. The guard instantly turned and began to fire his blaster at Hindalia.

"He did what?!" yelled Kyle in the hallways of the Jedi Temple, most of the Padawans just ignored him; while other grined, thinking of how ruthless he is.

"I am sorry master." said a young woman with dark eyes and short blond hair, who was shorter than Kyle and was a Padawan. "He had to use those disciplinary measures in order to calm her down."

"Excuse me?" asked Kyle sarcastically "Disciplinary measures? The worst thing she could possibly do is make A3 trip and collapse."

"But she challenged Master Vrook to fight in a duel." she began defending Vrook, like she was his Padawan.

"So would you challenge him if he behaved towards you like that all of the time." Kyle pointed out, knowing that that was true. "I apologise for yelling at you. Master Vrook deserved that." he sighed.

"You didn't even raise your voice at me, it is fine." nodded the Padawan.

"Where is Master Vrook by the way?" he asked, the light was reflecting from his silver armour which he wore since his Knighthood.

"He is busy, consulting with the senator of Telos."

"Good. I am going to make him see what are the prices of his pompousness." he grined. "Thank you for your time."

Kyle turned around and marched quickly up the stairs, angry with Vrook. In Kyle's thoughts Vrook has gone too far this time. It wasn't enough that Vrook humiliated her, he even punished her. Wait until I get my hands on him raged Soran in himself. He turned left after the long hallway and barrged into the office, uninvited. Vrook and the senator, a beautiful young woman turned to him, surprised. Vrook frowned and said to the woman:

"Excuse me for a moment." he then turned to Kyle. "Yes what do you want?"

"Would you mind explaining what is going on?" asked Kyle politely.

"No I wouldn't." said Vrook. "I'll explain: You have interuppted this meeting without premission and are disturbing lady Arillen." yelled Vrook.

"It is all right." said the beautiful woman. "We can continue this later."

"If you would ecuse me while I see what this...Infantile person."

We'll see about that. thought Kyle, crossing his hands. The woman got up and continued thorugh the small room; she paused to see Kyle for a moment, and then she left slowly; with her long white hair to follow her as the wind. The door shut behind her and Vrook and Kyle were left in there.

"So, why are you here?" asked Vrook.

"What's the big idea of putting Yery in the Master's barracks?" asked Kyle as calmly as possible "What did she ever do to you?"

"She behaved like an arrogant brat!" yelled Vrook "She even challenged me."

"If anyone challenged you." began Kyle "Then that is surely the greatest moment in the recent history of the Jedi Order."

"She now serves the punishement." said Vrook "And stop it before you get another one." Before Kyle could continue, Vrook continued: "You have recieved orders to go to Illum." handed out Vrook a data pad. "All the details are there."

Kyle took inserted the data pad into his pocket and started to walk out.

"Oh and one other thing." began Vrook, Kyle frowned and turned around "Since you convinced me that she might show promise. I have decieded that you go with her."

Oh no thought Kyle widening his eyes: "But she is too young."

"And you are as well." said Vrook "So this will be your test to see if you can make sure that she survives."

"Illum is the main supply planet for the Sith effort in the Outer Rim." began Kyle a little frightened "She won't survive for 5 minutes there."

"Neither are you, so that's why I'm sending you both." said Vrook "And also to flat out some old cases."

What have I done? thought Kyle and he felt guilty for now dragging her into the conflict between him and Vrook. Vrook got up:

"Come, let me take you there." said Vrook. Kyle followed him out and continued behing him. If she doesn't make it. I'll never forgive myself.

Meanwhile in the Master's Barracks, Yery met another girl who was punished.

"So..." began the redhead girl "Why are you here?"

"I had a bet with Vrook." began Yery "I lost in the battle."

"Well he is like that." began the red head girl "He doesn't like to lose."

Just then Vrook and Kyle entered the barracks. The only ones in the room were Yery and the redhead girl, since others have left for the mess hall. Kyle stood behind Vrook, guilty of what he may have caused. Vrook began:

"Yery." Yery stepped forward "You are going with Master Soran on a mission to Illum, instead of staying here.

"Really?" cheered Yery "Oh, thank you master Vrook. I can't thank you enough." Kyle only closed his eyes for a moment, to see such a child chher for something that could be her death was not comforting to him at all. Vrook, Kyle and Yery started to exit...

"I wish to go also."

Kyle closed his eyes, wishing that he hadn't heard those words which he just did. They turned around and Vrook asked surprised:

"Really? Are you sure that you wish to take on a mission?"

"Yes." said the redhead girl, to Kyle's fears "I want to prove myself and stop being so passive."

Kyle looked at Vrook and Vrook also looked at him. Even though that lasted a second, Vrook knew that Kyle was begging Vrook not to allow her to follow.

"Yes." said Vrook, looking at Kyle "You can come also." turned Vrook to her "Master Soran will protect you."

Kyle shook inside himself, the mere thought of leading a young Padawan like Yery to almost certain death was deadly for him. But TWO?! was suffering for Kyle. The girls cheered, not knowing what awaits them.

"Go to Dock 75." said Vrook "You have a ship waiting for you there."

"My first mission." said the redhead girl "I don't believe it."

"Neither do I." said Yery, exiting together with her. "Neither do I."

They exited and Kyle began to leave the room. Before he left, he looked at Vrook seriously. Rage, disappointment, despair, all of these things were in Kyle's eyes; but Vrook just sighed, looking at Kyle seriously as well. Kyle turned and exited the room, leaving the conversation thoughtful like Vrook... "He did what?!" yelled Kyle in the hallways of the Jedi Temple, most of the Padawans just ignored him; while other grined, thinking of how ruthless he is.

"I am sorry master." said a young woman with dark eyes and short blond hair, who was shorter than Kyle and was a Padawan. "He had to use those disciplinary measures in order to calm her down."

"Excuse me?" asked Kyle sarcastically "Disciplinary measures? The worst thing she could possibly do is make A3 trip and collapse."

"But she challenged Master Vrook to fight in a duel." she began defending Vrook, like she was his Padawan.

"So would you challenge him if he behaved towards you like that all of the time." Kyle pointed out, knowing that that was true. "I apologise for yelling at you. Master Vrook deserved that." he sighed.

"You didn't even raise your voice at me, it is fine." nodded the Padawan.

"Where is Master Vrook by the way?" he asked, the light was reflecting from his silver armour which he wore since his Knighthood.

"He is busy, consulting with the senator of Telos."

"Good. I am going to make him see what are the prices of his pompousness." he grined. "Thank you for your time."

Kyle turned around and marched quickly up the stairs, angry with Vrook. In Kyle's thoughts Vrook has gone too far this time. It wasn't enough that Vrook humiliated her, he even punished her. Wait until I get my hands on him raged Soran in himself. He turned left after the long hallway and barrged into the office, uninvited. Vrook and the senator, a beautiful young woman turned to him, surprised. Vrook frowned and said to the woman:

"Excuse me for a moment." he then turned to Kyle. "Yes what do you want?"

"Would you mind explaining what is going on?" asked Kyle politely.

"No I wouldn't." said Vrook. "I'll explain: You have interuppted this meeting without premission and are disturbing lady Arillen." yelled Vrook.

"It is all right." said the beautiful woman. "We can continue this later."

"If you would ecuse me while I see what this...Infantile person."

We'll see about that. thought Kyle, crossing his hands. The woman got up and continued thorugh the small room; she paused to see Kyle for a moment, and then she left slowly; with her long white hair to follow her as the wind. The door shut behind her and Vrook and Kyle were left in there.

"So, why are you here?" asked Vrook.

"What's the big idea of putting Yery in the Master's barracks?" asked Kyle as calmly as possible "What did she ever do to you?"

"She behaved like an arrogant brat!" yelled Vrook "She even challenged me."

"If anyone challenged you." began Kyle "Then that is surely the greatest moment in the recent history of the Jedi Order."

"She now serves the punishement." said Vrook "And stop it before you get another one." Before Kyle could continue, Vrook continued: "You have recieved orders to go to Illum." handed out Vrook a data pad. "All the details are there."

Kyle took inserted the data pad into his pocket and started to walk out.

"Oh and one other thing." began Vrook, Kyle frowned and turned around "Since you convinced me that she might show promise. I have decieded that you go with her."

Oh no thought Kyle widening his eyes: "But she is too young."

"And you are as well." said Vrook "So this will be your test to see if you can make sure that she survives."

"Illum is the main supply planet for the Sith effort in the Outer Rim." began Kyle a little frightened "She won't survive for 5 minutes there."

"Neither are you, so that's why I'm sending you both." said Vrook "And also to flat out some old cases."

What have I done? thought Kyle and he felt guilty for now dragging her into the conflict between him and Vrook. Vrook got up:

"Come, let me take you there." said Vrook. Kyle followed him out and continued behing him. If she doesn't make it. I'll never forgive myself.

Meanwhile in the Master's Barracks, the two girls became a bit friendly.

"So..." began the red head girl "Why are you here."

"I lost." began Yery "Vrook defeated me in a fight."

"Well." said the red head girl "He can get a bit uptight when it comes to those things."

Just then, Kyle and Vrook entered the Barracks. No one was in there except them, since all of the other Padawans have gone to the mess hall. Kyle remained in the back, guilty of what he might have caused. Leading someone to almost certain death is not really comforting.

"Yery." began Vrook, Yery stepped forward "I have decieded to give you a chance. Since you were quite a challenge, you will go with Master Soran on a mission."

"Really?" cheered Yery, not knowing what awaits her "Oh, thank you, Master. You wouldn't believe how thankful I am to you."

Kyle closed his eyes in horror of the guilt that he will suffer for the rest of his life if he fails. Vrook, Kyle and Yery started to exit the room.

"I wish to go too."

Kyle closed his eyes and shook inside himself. He wished he hadn't heard that. They turned around and Vrook asked:

"Really? Are you sure that that is what you want?"

"Yes." began the red head girl "I want to prove myself. I want to be useful."

Kyle looked at Vrook, and Vrook looked at him back. Even though that lasted for a second, Kyle was begging Vrook not to allow her to follow him. The fact that he was taking Yery, a young Padawan, to one of the worst possible places in the galaxy was deadly for Kyle. But TWO was suffering to Kyle.

"Yes." said Vrook, looking at Kyle "You can go." he turned to her.

The girls cheered with joy like a girl that gets her favourite doll for her birthday. Kyle closed his eyes again for a second in sadness of what awaits.

"Go to Dock 75." said Vrook "There you have a ship that you can pilot to Illum."

"I can't believe that we're going on our first mission." said the red head girl.

"Neither do I." said Yery, exiting with the girl "Neither do I."

They exited. Kyle began to exit, but he stopped, turned around and looked at Vrook seriously. Rage, disappointment, despair, all of these things were in Kyle's eyes; Vrook returned the look seriously. They remained silenced for several seconds. Kyle turned around and walked out, leaving the conversation, thoughtful as Vrook...

For they both knew that Illum wasn't a problem because of the Sith soldiers. But for a much bigger reason to it... For on Illum, at this time, Revan was there. To unlock the secrets of the Jedi... And to hunt all who opose the Sith...

((Is Revan a male or a female?))

Zarlak watched in amasement(sp) as he watched Hindalia used his force powers to open the forcefield. My lucky day. Looks like I'm getting out of here after all. Zarlak watched as the rodian ran out by he soon hit the floor after receving a laser bolt to the head. Zarlak knelt down and leaned against the wall. He edged closer to corner. He waited several seconds and Zarlak darted out to a cell on the other side witch is one down from the cell ditrectly infront of him. As he was half way soliders opened fire on him, all missed. Zarlak rolled into the cell and looked to the left where another rodian was inprisoned. '<What are you doing>'

"Shut up!" Zarlak grapped the alien and pushed him outside. While the gaurds concintrated fire on him, Zarlak snuck out behind him into the cell infront of the opposite cell. He looked tothe side and shouted to Hindalia "Quick! Grap the gaurd gun and give me the other one!"

((Easy on the char control, Vlad. Let other people decide how their characters react to certain situations. Don't be so eager to move the story along that you refuse to let others do what they want with their characters. For one example, while it is my character's first mission, she wouldn't let her emotion show so much... she'd keep it hidden. So let me decide what she'd do and don't post so much :) ))

Vrook was walking back to the meeting when he was interrupted by another master.

"What do you want, Master Kelso?"

"Well, gee, Vrook. I was just wondering........did you finally turn to the dark side, or was there just something wrong with your drink this morning? Or maybe you just felt bad about being you and decided to get someone else killed today."

"Get to the point."

"Why, exactly, have you sent a perfectly good master and a perfectly good new padawan off to their deaths?"

"I didn't send them off to their deaths Master Kelso, I just sent them on a mission."

"Oh, I'm sorry, is there a difference between sending two people to a planet full of sith and sending them to their deaths that I have not yet heard of?"

"Three people, actually. And they needed to be disciplined." Vrook smiled. "Perhaps you do too. You should go with them."

"Oh I would, but there are more important things I need to do, such as finally get all that dirt and blood out from under my fingernails. "

"That wasn't a suggestion. It's an order. Report to Dock 75 to the others. I'll send word that you're coming. Master Soran will be in charge of Yery. You will be in charge of the other girl."

Kelso sighed and walked off to Dock 75. The others were already there. He whistled shrilly, getting the attention.

"Listen up. I'm Master Kelso, and Master Vrook, in his neverending quest to make my life miserable, has decided to send me along with you. Don't bother me too much and we'll get along fine. Now.......who are you two?" He asked the two girls.

((Vlad, what you did with my character is OK for now. :) As for Revan, he is

a Dark Side-aligned male, and on Dock 75, I'm going to have Yery engage

in a little conversation with B3-D3, a predecessor of B4-D4. This story

happened, after all, before KOTOR II but after KOTOR I, so the Czerka

Corp hasn't yet bought control over all of these sophisticated droids.))

"Greetings," announced a cheerful mechanical voice once Kyle, Yery, and

the red-haired girl had reached Dock 75. "I am B3-D3, a guard and protocol

droid assigned to Dock 75. Do you have any questions regarding your mission?"

"Yes, quite a few," replied Yery, thankful that the droid was there. "I hear

we're going to Illum. Does this mean we're headed into the very heart of

Sith operations, commandeered under Darth Revan?"

"That is affirmative, Padawan," B3-D3 answered. "Dark Lord Revan is indeed

acting as Sith overlord from the base planet of Illum. However, there are

many more Sith and Dark Jedi operating throughout the galaxy. Thankfully,

none of these others have achieved the status and rank of Lord Revan. If

they had, I would postulate that the galaxy would be headed for certain ruin."

Yery's body tightened. She had another question, one that was even more

important to her than the first. "If Revan is as powerful and as dangerous as

you say, why is Master Vrook sending two girls who are new Padawans and

only one Jedi Master to fight him? You'd think that Vrook would be more

intelligent than that." Big pause. She backtracked. "With all due respect

to Master Vrook, I should think he'd be sending all Jedi fighters at the ready!"

"It is not within the scope of my programming to determine Master Vrook's

motivations," apologized B3-D3. "However, it is within my specifications to

tell you that Master Soran is highly capable of fighting Sith, even if you

believe you are not. Impulsive this mission may be, but that is not for me

to decide." B3-D3 bowed and opened the hatch of a sleek, red vessel.

"This is the Krasnaya, our finest vessel yet. It is specifically

built for stealth, though it does have adequate turret and defense

capabilities. You are to enter Illum as if under a Stealth Generator,

for the metal of this ship is equipped with computer microchips that

accomplish such a task. You will notice that this ship's red? 'Krasnaya'

means red, good Masters, and it will be invisible to any heat-seeking

missiles employed by the Sith. This ship is clothed in heat, in fire."

"Very poetic, for a protocol droid," said Yery, and she smiled and winked.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll return to patrol." B3-D3 sauntered away.

((Sorry people. I din't know that I had to control my own character instaed of running the story for one paragraph. I promise it won't happen again))

Kyle watched the ship that lay before them. It certainley had a quite unique design. Then he turned to the scene before him. Suddenly he stopped and thought about something. Hmm... Why did the droid say about that? he questioned himself, I thought that that was clasified information. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. Well, who could know .

In Master Vrook's Conference Room

Senator Arillen turned to Master Vrook, concern in her blue eyes.

"Why did you do that, Lamar?" she asked, not unkindly, but still

with a touch of angry coldness. "Why did you send Master Soran

out with two young Padawans to infiltrate the heart of the Sith?"

"I'd rather not talk about it," replied Vrook. "Let's continue our

previous conversation, if we would."

"Is Master Kelso right?" asked the Lady Arillen, both beautiful and

disconcerting. "Have you turned to the Dark Side? Or is it that you

see Master Soran as a threat, see him as undermining your authority?

If the latter is the case, which I believe it is, then you still have time

to reach Dock 75 and tell him the mission is aborted. You need to prove

to Kyle, and especially the Padawans, that you care about their safety."

"Safety is not my concern," Master Vrook answered. "That's the concern

of Master Soran, since he's set to go, and of the Padawans themselves."

"Really?" Lady Arellin's eyebrow furrowed. "And how do you think they'll

survive against hordes of oncoming Sith? They are only three, and now

four with Master Kelso. Why do you think that's enough, if you haven't

even sent our best starfleets to Illum yet?" The Senator shook her head.

"I'll have you know," glowered Vrook, "that this mission is not a mission

to me. I've sent these four into exile, if you must know what I'm doing."

"Exile?! But why?" Lady Arillen was dumbfounded. "That's for Sith, or else

Dark Jedi whom we've captured. It's the severest of punishments. Why them,

and why now?" She took a step backward. "They haven't done anything wrong?"

"Truly?" Vrook's eyes were hard and glittering as anthracite coal. "Soran, this

Kyle of whom you speak, is impetuous and insubordinate. He has challenged the

will of our Council at every turn when he's had the chance. You don't know him

as well as I do, Senator. This Master would have followed Lord Revan to war if

he'd had the option back when the Mandalorians were threatening the galaxy.

"As for the red-haired girl, she chose to take this mission. I cannot accept

blame for someone who willingly decides to go on our most fatal assignment.

"Kelso, well--he's more experienced in the ways of battle than the Padawans,

although not more than Master Soran. He was insistent on more than one Master

accompanying the two girls, and he has now received what he wished for. I

can't allow this fracturing of the Council--it will tear us all apart before Lord

Revan's starships can. Only Vandar's above me in rank, and he has entrusted

disciplinary and combat-oriented matters to me. He trusts my judgment, Arillen."

"I wonder if he would trust you now." The Senator was still doubtful. "Exile..."

"And Yery!" The growl surprised even the cleaning droid who was polishing the

Enclave floor. "It's not that Yery's evil, or even that she would join the Sith. It's

just that her passion, her brashness, and her desire for power and knowledge

are a grave threat to the Order. They are unchecked! She might learn the truth

of the Mandalorian Wars, and she might even turn to Lord Revan's way of thinking."

"So that's why you exiled them," Lady Arillen mused. "Harsh reasoning, Vrook."

"Plus, they have a potential to--!" He paused, trying to control his anger.

"If they fail in the smallest mission, they will fail against the Sith. That's why

I've sent them to Revan. It's either now, and victory, or never, and defeat."

The mental barriers he ran into were not all erected by the Force. One was older, stronger. Her Force barriers resisted his touch for a few seconds, but the older barrier would not give way.

In response to his question, she used the Force to lift her lightsaber from her belt, handed it to him, and then used the Force to pull it out of his hand.

"When I first came for training, the Masters agreed that I would be best suited to be a Jedi Guardian," she explained. "As such, my training has focused more on aggressive behaviors."

Archived