Home

Twice Exiled, Twice Redeemed

Tysyacha

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelso now dodged in addition to blocking. He was impressed, but hid it well. He had to get her more motivated to do the best she can. And the best way to motivate someone, is to show them if they accomplish that, they'll prove you wrong.

"Come on." He growled. "What happened to all that 'I'm the best from my age group'?"

Kyle wanted to examine the supplies to make sure they had enough of them. Why would Vrook lose his mind that much? Thought Kyle, ramaging through the supplies, like he was looking for something. These two girls have more in common than I expected realised Kyle, still looking for something. Now where was that again? Ah! There it is, Kyle smiled when he pulled out a cubical shaped oject of dark granite. Archiaic material as it is, the object was far more valuable than what it seemed like. It was called a Lutian Zhar drone and it had a very strange but very important usage. For in fact, the object was a Sith artifact that Kyle hained as a gift from a Tattoinian hut that was intended for Uthar Wynn. The object had a simple function: That by focusing the Force into it, it would send Force echoes that were intended for only those that the user wanted specifically.

Kyle wanted to find the person that contacted Yery. And he knew that it could only be two people that he searched for so long: A man and a woman. The Woman... A corrupted Jedi Master. The Man... A Sith Lord who Kyle hunted for revenge since his childhood. Kyle focused and echoed with it for a little while.

Kyle started to hear voices as the wind. He then could start to hear words. But he couldn't know if it was a man or a woman.

"Who are you?" asked Kyle in those great Force winds from which he couldn't sense well.

"So you found me." said the voice "How did you know it was me?"

"I know many things... Sith." grined Kyle "And I sure as hell know who you are."

"Didn't you now?" asked the voice "Presumptions are fragile things that cause much damage and disorder."

"If you are a woman, then I wish to know what are you trying to gain by hunting me. But if you are a man... Then know that I will hunt you down like a monster you are."

The voice laughed and it spoke like there were two, but Kyle couldn't tell which was male or female and he didn't know what was either of them.

"Who are you?!" yelled Kyle "Show yourself!"

The voice disappeared and Kyle, opened his eyes. The cube was smashed by Kyle's rage, but he didn't care. Kyle threw away the dust and went to the Crew Quarters, to read the Law again to calm himself down.

"I'm holding back... not wanting to hurt you," Jana laughed. Her fighting style changed slightly, taking a more acrobatically graceful look. Instead of merely ducking when his blade came at her head, she rolled away from it. Her saber movements seemed more like a single slash prolonged into a multi-sided attack, only stopped by a collision with Kelso's saber.

Kyle heard some noices coming from a empty room on the ship. He dropped 'the Law of the Republic' book next to him. He got up and made his way to the room where the noises were coming from. Kyle had quite a show in front of him: Jana fighting against Master Kelso. Kyle watched a bit... She is better than me, that's for sure thought Kyle, who continued to watch.

"I will."

He continued blocking for a few more seconds, then struck high while she was in mid-swing. Not able to bring up her saber fast enough to block it, she ducked, and before she could recover, he kicked her saber out of her hand, and pulled it to his hand with the force.

"So you're ready for the lesson?"

"You take too long to recover from swings, you use the traditional feints too much, and your technique needs improvement. C'mon, let me show you."

Kelso began to train Jena. They practiced and trained for three hours, and her skills improved. They were both tired, and Kelso was aware that his scheduled meeting with Kyle was approaching

"Good. We'll take a rest now. We'll continue in four hours' time. "

Yery, in her quarters, had tried unsuccessfully to improve on the techniques

that Kyle had taught her. She wished, just for a moment, that she could cheat

and wield the high-energy blade using the Force--which she had tried to do,

and could do for a few seconds--but she knew that neither Kyle nor Master

Kelso would approve. Or, should she assume nothing about the two Masters?

She really didn't know either of them that well so far, and if she ever fully

trusted one of them, Yery promised herself she would show them her secret.

"Dvukhsotniy, dvukhsotniy, dvukshotniy," she whispered, and her

green Consular's blade floated into the air. Then it spun around quickly,

flashing above Yery's head, but then just as quickly clattered to the floor.

Yery's body stiffened, and she sucked in her breath. Had anyone heard her?

The lightsaber barely made much of a click-clacking sound, but in this ship,

even the hum of the hyperdrive could soothe weary passengers to sleep.

Sleep... thought Yery. So precious, so sweet... She rested.

(Note: I'll be gone until Saturday evening, and in the meantime, you can

control Yery. Don't have her show her little lightsaber trick yet, and don't

launch any huge plot twists without her! I'd like to know a little bit more

about Jana's mind barrier from her own perspective, by the way, and who

those mercs were, the 'Last Eagles of Taris'. Why are they after us, anyhoo? ;) )

Out of a bad dream, Jana awoke after only an hour of sleep. She sat up and twisted so that her legs dangled over the side of the bed. When she had completely remembered where she was, she brought her hands up to her head.

"Damn dreams," she murmured. It wasn't the dream that annoyed her most; it was that she could never remember the dream. She laughed at this thought. "I know it repeats, but I can't say what it is!"

She shook her head, turning her thoughts to other matters. Kelso had told her that he felt a barrier that wasn't her own. Though she didn't like to lie about it, Jana wasn't ready to tell others just where that barrier had come from. So she lied, said she didn't know about it. But that left her with a question. Did Kelso know she was lying to him? She had left rather quickly after he mentioned that barrier.

"No," Jana finally decided. "He doesn't suspect anything." After so long of hiding the barrier and lying about its existence, she felt confident that she was good enough at it to hide the truth from everybody here.

With these thoughts pushed aside, Jana decided to try and get a little more rest.

Kyle fondeled his moustache a bit, like he was in a deap thought.

"Yery seems to be progressing well... Almost two well." said Kyle

"But the voice is... very distrubing."

"I saw how you and Jana fought." began Kyle pleased "Very impressive, from both of you. Although I would like that you don't be so hard on her."

Archived