Home

Twice Exiled, Twice Redeemed

Tysyacha

"I didn't lie about learning quickly," Jana said quietly. "But your guess about the barrier is correct. I do know of it." She paused. "What's your interest in it? What it hides? My past. I've not been living long. I am only as old as I appear to be. But in those sixteen years, I have experienced more than anyone my age will know in a lifetime."

A look of pain passed through her eyes, but was quickly banished as her face became once more emotionless.

"Knowing how to heal myself was simple," she went on. "I've seen Masters do it during training... creating simple scratches and using the Force to heal them. I've been to the healers for more serious injuries. I felt what they were doing and imitated it the next time I got hurt." She shrugged. It really isn't that difficult."

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I don't..." Jana began. Then, she sighed. "Alright, but I couldn't tell you any specific names. There's what's like lightning coming from my hand." She demonstrated with a surprising lack of emotion, sending the blue bolts into the floor. "Choke, which I won't demonstrate. I've learned to drain the life energy and Force energy from any living thing. I won't demonstrate that either."

She fell into a thoughtful silence. "Those are the main ones, but they aren't the worst. There's something else... it basically crushes the thing I focus on..." She lifted a small stool with the Force and quickly closed her hand. There was a very loud noise and the stool was flattened as if a very heavy ship had just been set down on top of it.

"There's something that works far slower than the drain I told you of earlier," she went on. "It causes a great deal of pain and a very slow death." She shuddered. "But though I know how to do it, I am very reluctant to do so." Another shiver ran down her spine. "I think from my description, you may understand why."

"You have. Not just your history but your skills too. When I came, you said you were advanced, but I didn't know how far ahead." He smiled. "You're farther ahead than I thought you were. To be honest, I don't even know how to begin teaching you, so I'm asking you: What area do you think you need to work on?"

"My best Force Powers?" asked Yery. "Without a doubt, they are

Heal, Burst of Speed, and Stasis. I'm also rather good at Throw

Lightsaber, since I let the Force do all of the work there instead

of me. Would you like a demonstration, Master Soran?"

At a pleased nod from Kyle, Yery threw her emerald Consular's saber.

The blade whirled effortlessly into a trash receptacle, vaporizing both

it and the crumpled paper contents inside. "I'll pay for that," said Yery.

"Although, I do think that this Force Power would be a lot more effective

if I could master the double blades." She sighed wistfully. "The saberstaff!"

Jana frowned thoughtfully. Finally, she said, "I can fight what I see easily. But the Force allows some to vanish," as she said this, she disappeared from sight and her disembodied voice continued. "Though I can accomplish this also, I cannot fight those who have done it." She reappeared. "I can't sense them in the Force like I should."

Kyle stood shocked at the sight he had just seen. The lightsabre turned an enitre trash receptacle into scattered atoms and molecules.

"Well... That was impressive, I must say." began Kyle after calming himself down "Although your skill is impressive, you have to learn to control its devestating power... Or maybe I am wrong: The devestating power is the direct outcome of you being able to control it. So we'll begin with Healing first. Are you ready?"

Archived