Home

Twice Exiled, Twice Redeemed

Tysyacha

Kyle slashed the lightsabre to the upper right, hitting Yery's blade. He slashed to the upper left and knocked the hilt out of her hands.

"Looks like that we will have to train you fighting skills some more." said Kyle holstering his lightsabre and giving Yery's to her "You won't be able to use the Force all of the time."

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yery nodded. "The trouble with me has always been my lack of speed. When

I hit, I hit hard, but I've never been able to be quick and agile. I've tried, but

Master Vrook and Master Dorak were right to be concerned about my entry

into the Jedi Order. According to them, only the best of the best must be

trained." She sighed sadly. "They are not much different from the Sith that way."

"Whoever said that only the best of the best should be trained is an idiot. All are trained to improve, not to obey. Always remember that." said Kyle reassuring.

Kyle opened a nearby briefcase and pulled out small balls of metal.

"Try and deflect with these, don't worry they're harmless." said Kyle throwing the small balls into the air as they began to hover.

This time, Yery did a fairly good job of deflecting the metal balls with

her lightsaber. She was not perfect--she'd never been, and she believed

that pushing herself to be perfect would only lead to failure. However,

when the exercise was over, the Padawan was feeling more confident.

"Master Soran," she said, beckoning him to come closer, "I feel like I have

to tell you something." She lowered her voice. "I really shouldn't be here.

Not because Master Vrook and Master Dorak say I shouldn't, but because

something...happened...not long before I entered the Enclave for training."

Her voice filled with shame, guilt, and sorrow, Yery told Kyle the "short

version" of what had happened with the Silver Streaks and her interrogation.

Kyle listened the entire story carefully.

"So you were a smuggler? Interesting, since I don't know many people who were smugglers but then went to become something else."

"But that trobules me also." began Kyle, a bit worried "You said before you became a Padawan... I thought that you were a apprentice since childhood." he paused for a moment.

"But... Does that mean, that you left them behind or you were the only one captured? Since I don't understand why do you feel so bad about it."

"I left them behind. I entered the Jedi Enclave hoping to make up for my

past misdeeds," said Yery, "but it seems like Vrook had an inner sense that

I needed to be punished first. That's my reasoning on why he sent me into

exile, along with you." She gazed at Kyle pensively. "Why does Master Vrook

see you as a great threat? He has no such attitude toward Master Dorak or

Master Vandar, as far as I know. I want to know what goes on inside his head!"

Kyle stood silent with his arms spread next to him. The question that most people hunted him with has been asked; he never liked explaining why.

"It was before I became a student." began Kyle "When I was a boy, I had a family that was one of the most influental in agriculture in the Tarisisan sector. We weren't much rich, but we were respected. So my family formed an alliance with the Organa family. But after some time their interests collided and my family was killed by Selven, a female bounty hunter that lived on Taris. Then after seeing by family get killed, I swore that I will have my revenge. But I stopped and, perhaps Vrook thinks that my strive isn't over. And that's the whole story."

Kyle didn't feel comfortable telling the story, even though he told it time and time again. But what many people didn't know, was that the story that Kyle told was a lie... and the only person that knew the entire true story was Vrook. But Kyle was never too trusting... or foolish to tell the true story.

Yery looked at Master Kyle once again with that meditative look in her soft

blue eyes. "Personally," she told him, "what I think you're after is justice.

Revenge, after all, is only justice mixed with anger. Why should Selven

have killed your family over any kind of a conflict or quarrel? Civilized

people do not hire hit men to 'take out' their enemies if they're seen

as too much of a threat. Of course, I'd like to give the Organas the

benefit of the doubt, but then...who hired Selven? Do you know?"

Kyle figured out quickly that Yery didn't really believe into his story. Of course Selven did have a large influence on his past: She did kill most of his family... But there were also others who had great influence on Kyle's past as well. And there was one who made Kyle twist the most and who made Kyle as he was today, but Kyle never found that person but searched for that person for a long time.

"No I don't know. But I did catch on a trace, however. For a while, that is."

((revan doesnt have an apprentice, right? im not so sure. anyway, heres my char: revan's apprentice))

Darth Oribe ((the 'i' is pronounced as in 'jedi')) walked down the hallway to his chambers aboard his Master's flagship. He was Darth Revan's new apprentice after Darth Malak was killed. He was on hs way to Korriban on a mission. A self-assigned mission. One he was determined not to fail in.

• 1 month later...

Archived