Home

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

Mike Windu

the best part from book-to-movie was prolly when Harry left the ring on the first task and the dragon followed him and they went onto the castle...i say that was the best part....

Intriguing, I thought that was one of the most lame and pointless changes in the entire thing. And I found most changes to be lame and/or pointless.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the best part from book-to-movie was prolly when Harry left the ring on the first task and the dragon followed him and they went onto the castle...i say that was the best part

yes, I also find that very boring. They could have taken it ou all of that and put in the Qudditch World Cup that everyone wanted to see.

i also expected the death eaters hats to be different...

:laughing: haha, I found it quite humorous. I leaned over and asked Mike "And when did the KKK come into the book?"

I was dissapointed, to say the least. The movie was overall decent, certainly better than the last (i felt). No World Cup, but I can understand that for the sake of the story. The Death Eaters looked stupid (were they supposed to resemble the KKK? Very corny if that was the case). The entrances for the Beaubatons and Durmstrang students, I felt, were silly; furthermore, there is no reason (of which I am aware) that the French school sent only girls and Durmstrang only boys (haven't read my book in a while).

The scene with the dragon was ridiculous and imo rather stupid; it makes no sense for Harry to lead the dragon away from the arena (the dragon is supposed to stay near the egg and he has to lure it away). I also didn't notice a scoring scene after the first task, although that isn't a big deal. I didn't have any real gripes with the second challenge. The maze, I though, was pretty stupid, and I would have preferred it to be loaded with monsters and such as in the book.

I thought Voldemort came off as a pansy. He should have been a powerful, intimidating figure. Instead, he was a normal sized guy with a raspy voice and ugly face. I'd recommend a deeper voice, a hood, and more height. The graveyard scene was alright, except for two things: a) Why were there only six or seven Death Eaters, and why did they fall out of the Dark Mark? b) Why would Voldemort ever let Harry get up and try to defend himself? He's a cold blooded killer, he should try to kill Harry as soon as he gets a shot.

The concluding scenes felt very rushed, probably in the interest of time, but I would have been horribly confused if I hadn't read the books. Overall, I give it a 5.5 out of 10.

Intriguing, I thought that was one of the most lame and pointless changes in the entire thing. And I found most changes to be lame and/or pointless.

at least they added some action...

i also liked where Snape was banging harry and rons head(they didnt even notice?) by snape(didnt seem like him)

a corny but also quite funny part was when filch ran into the great hall...running w/ his knees up...

and they didnt go into the kitchen! (is that in this book? god im confusing the books now)

well, all i can say about the next harry potter is that theyre getting another director for it...David Yates...hopefully he will put some quidditch in and add the house elf, but god give me mercy if they have S.P.E.W in it...that was the most pointless and nonsense part of the book...

they'll prolly have the scene at the ministry be like 5 minutes when in the book its like 20 minutes...

Commander: that part doesn't further the storyline at all.

Most of everyone's requests only seek to extend the time and add little to the plot. :p

Bagman? pfft. Dobby, Winky, etc? pfft x2.

I agree with that.

And also I think we're not going to see dobby until Halfblood prince movie comes out.

Why would Voldemort ever let Harry get up and try to defend himself? He's a cold blooded killer, he should try to kill Harry as soon as he gets a shot.

He was desperate to prove to everyone that Harry wasn't the "Great" wizard that everyone spoke about, he wanted to make sure that his followers saw that Harry was nothing...

i also didnt like how they never had that rita skeeter dispute and where hagrid was going out w/ madam...w/e her name was.

[EDITED]

I wanted to see the annoying rita skeeter turned into a bettle inside the jar that hermione had on the train home. But then again I would have wanted to see Pig (Ron's tiny owl) in PoA.

Plus it's a great opportunity to break out into song and dance....

:xp:

When you're an eater you eat all the way from your first little muggle to your last dying day. When you're an eater when the broom hits the wand you got followers around, you're a powerful man. You're never alone, you're never disconnected. You're home with your own; when Ministry is expected you're well protected. Then you are set with a capital V and you'll never forget until your last muggle kill. Until youuuuur laaaaassst muuuggggllllleeee killlllll!

:xp:

I thought it rocked.

I like HP, but i'm not a major fan, and to be honest although I can remember the major plot points of the books I can't remember every little detail.

I thought it had the best pacing of any of the HP films (except maybe the first one, and that had nowhere near as much stuff to cram in). The 2nd and 3rd films made bad choices about what to cut and what to leave in, which meant they were really uneven in pacing... some bits feeling really slow and some bits racing past too fast.

This film seemed to manage to capture pretty much all the important points (and the feel) of the book without messing up the pacing. Everything just flowed really well. No mean feat considering the books just keep getting bigger and bigger.

I think it helped that the Triwizard Tournament gave the film a nice, linear central structure to build around. The maze was ok, the underwater bit was great, and the dragon chase was probably my fave bit of the film. Somehow the editing of the chase reminded me of peter jackson's style.

The tournament structure also meant they got to add in some very funny school-life interludes in between rounds, which was part of what was missing from the last two.

The actor playing moody rocked, and the fact they have now got Doctor Who AND ralph fiennes in it means they must have had nearly every good british actor ever in a HP film.

Voldemort was suitably creepy and evil, and i'm looking forward to seeing what Ralph Fiennes (and others) can do with big V's character in the next two movies.

Can't believe it was 2hr45, as it didn't feel long at all. Not sure its for kids at all though. ;-)

Off-topic to HP4, but still related to HP. I was re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (6th book). And I found something somwhat related to Star Wars too.

When Professor Dumbledore was talking to Harry about Horace Slughorn, who chooses people who, to him, have some significanace (spelling maybe wrong). And he sometimes gives names to those people with significance. And if Professor Slughorn wanted him in the "special club", he might call him, "The Boy who lived" or "*The Chosen One."

*Significance in that name.....obviously

When Professor Dumbledore was talking to Harry about Horace Slughorn, who chooses people who, to him, have some significanace (spelling maybe wrong). And he sometimes gives names to those people with significance. And if Professor Slughorn wanted him in the "special club", he might call him, "The Boy who lived" or "*The Chosen One."

*Significance in that name.....obviously

"The Chosen One" goes back much farther than Star Wars...

Excellent movie, only they skipped the Quidditch World Cup. :( And I don't think the Death Eaters burned every tent to the ground.

I thought they did. They also skipped the part where the death eaters had a family of muggles under the imperious curse and were tormenting them. I saw it in a preview

mugglesjpg0fk.jpg

just watched it (only came out in Aust. today) and i thought it was ... nothing special

seriously i was expecting a complete turn around from the previous movies what with a new director and this talk of being dark. Maybe i just expected it to be as outstanding as Ep 3 was or batman begins when compared to its prequels.

Neways the good parts of the movie really had nothing to do with the story, more of hilarious dialogue where everyone in the cinemas starting laughing.

The whole voldemort thing i didnt find too bad, it was like someone said a pleasant change from your usual brooding bad guy

what they missed i wasnt too fretted about since i knew they had to cut out stuff, but the whole movie seemed in fast forward to me, it def should have been 3 hrs.

For those who havent read the books i'd give it a 7/10 otherwise about 6.

Oh and Emma Watson is the worst actress ever, what the hell were the last few lines of dialogue in that movie .. ridiculously poor acting

Archived