Home

Speeder 'camping'

JohnLocke

OK...stupid thread, but I have to ask.

When I'm a rebel on Hoth, which is rarely by choice, I usually jump in a speeder as a pilot to tow cable the AT-ATs. But after they're down, I often have "nothing to do", so I strafe the Imp's base. I've been accused of being a "spawn camper", which I DON'T do, but if their main base is the only target........

Is there something else I can be doing to avoid this title....or should I not worry about it and keep killing the Imps at their base?

If you are strafing the Imperials base, then YOU ARE spawn camping. You are killing their units as soon as they spawn at their base.

You can fly around and kill any units that are far out side their base.

You can buzz their base (flying close to the ground at their base) to attract their fire. If the enemy is firing at you, they may not notice your buddies comming at them from behind...

If you are feeling invincible, you can even land on people to kill them instead of shooting at them. It would be a sight to see 4 speeders landing on the Imperial troop as they spawn.

This requires more skill, but you can always attempt to capture their CP. Blow up your speeder so they don't get it (jump out in mid-flight) and attempt to capture the CP. Reminder for those playing SWBF2: even if you get out of range of an enemy CP it stays at its partly captured status.

Ah, I LOVE the buzzing idea, never thought of that. I imagine if it's pre-coordinated, it can be quite effective.

Lol...this is under the BF1 section. (I have yet to get near a speeder in BF2) But if I'm correct, no matter how far I drain the CP's enemy status, as long as there's red, if I'm killed, it returns to 100% red/enemy status? So I'd at least have to neutralize it.

...But if I'm correct, no matter how far I drain the CP's enemy status, as long as there's red, if I'm killed, it returns to 100% red/enemy status? So I'd at least have to neutralize it.

Oops, missed that it was for SWBF and not SWBF2. I edited my post. Yes in SWBF, when you leave the range of an enemy CP, it is recharged to its full red status. In SWBF2 it does not recharge, but this is for SWBF, so my post was wrong.

Archived