Home

Who is the best Sith Lords?

Nedak

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^

During the Making of the OT GL told Mark Hamill to act as if the light saber were heavy as hell, Like a broadsword. But then in the PT it is said that a light saber is hard to judge because the blade is weightless.... So I suppose we can believe what we want.

The Heavy As Hell comment is done to simulate a certain fighting style perhaps? I mean, Mark is definitely not a good martial artist, far from it actually.

I'm assuming when Mark say's "how heavy are these thing george?", and george say's "Heavy as hell .... Like a Broadsword", he's refering to the weight.

I think Mark Hamill did an awesome job with the fight scenes actually.

"What could you possibly hate enough for you to defeat me?"

"Meself."

That was actually Darth Vader's comment to Darth Mauls' doppelgänger when he stabbed himself through the chest hitting Maul as well. I don't think It's canon.

Vadermauls.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still hold Vader as the best "Lord of the Sith". There are not many novels based upon Vader's life. Vader was in control of one of the most powerful weapons ever known. If he wanted to kill off his enemies, he had the power and opportunity to do so. "Shadows of the Empire" is a prime example. The only problem is that he felt restrained by depression and guilt. Thus, his emotions made him weak, so that the Emporer could control him. If her didn't have any restraints, I think Vader would have done some serious damage.

I still hold Vader as the best "Lord of the Sith". There are not many novels based upon Vader's life. Vader was in control of one of the most powerful weapons ever known. If he wanted to kill off his enemies, he had the power and opportunity to do so. "Shadows of the Empire" is a prime example. The only problem is that he felt restrained by depression and guilt. Thus, his emotions made him weak, so that the Emporer could control him. If her didn't have any restraints, I think Vader would have done some serious damage.

Aaaah! At last someone who doesn't cling to the "Vader didn't overthrow the Emperor because the loss of legs makes one weaker in the Force" theory! Finally! :p

EDIT: And yes, I know it's the "official" explanation - but IMO it's still lame (as hell) :D

• 2 weeks later...

My first choice is Revan. I'd also like to mention Naga Sadow, not saying he is the best but he was responsible for bringing the Sith back into Republic Space. Yes it was dumb luck, but he definetly has his spot in history. Exar Kun is probably my #2 just because I love that era.

That was actually Darth Vader's comment to Darth Mauls' doppelgänger when he stabbed himself through the chest hitting Maul as well. I don't think It's canon.

Vadermauls.JPG

It is canon apparantly. The visual guide and the new essential chronology confirms this

Archived