Home

Cantina 14: The Guardians Of Peace And Justice

Deac

[Take it to the discussion thread]

Yaga Minor

*The ISD Damocles drops out of hyperspace*

Comm: Sir! We have hostille IFF! They're targeting her highness' ship.

*Stormbaltz makes a snap descision*

Stormbaltz: Shields up! Arm weapons! Get the crews to their fighters. We're not letting ANY harm come to the Imperial family on my watch!

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mon Calamari Shipyard

The lights flickered on revealing a shinny, sterile command bridge. Each computer and system flickered on for its very first time. The blast doors at the back of the bridge opened and officers and technicians walked in. Each moved and sat at their specific post leaving just two individuals standing.

"She's a beautiful ship," said a tall man in a New Republic Admiral's Uniform. "They keep making these things better and better."

The second individual was a Mon Calamarian. He wore a standard orange jumsuit and held a helmate at his side. "Mon Calamari is the best in the galaxy," he said as he ran his hand along the bulkhead.

"Are all the fighters onboard?"

"Scythe and Phase Squadrons just finished loading so yes. I think we are ready to launch Admiral."

The Admiral, who's full name was Jaron Syno, smiled and faced the Mon Calamari Captain. "That's good to hear. We have a long way to go before we reach Coruscant so you better get some rest."

"Very well Admiral," he said, saluted and walked out of the bridge.

The Mediator Battle Cruiser, Anteares moved away from the Shipyards and into open space. It's engines ignited and the Massive warship dissapeared into hyperspace.

*Kioet walks into the docking bay, towards his missile boat, and stops abruptly*

Kioet: Leave me.

Garstan: But I was told to make some modifications to your ship.

Kioet: It's already modified and upgraded, and it's just been fueled, which is the reason why I came here to begin with, no do not continue to annoy me or I will mount your head on the nose of it. Go tell your master that I'm on my way there right now.

Garstan: whatever you say.

*Garstan turns and walks away, Kioet opens the hatch to his missile boat, hops in and sets the coordinates while grumbling under his breath*

Kioet: annoying calamarians.

*The missile boat lifts off the dockingbay platform and disappears into the clouds*

((BD: What are you doing with the Council, anyway?

Scar: Final Fantasy, Advent Children?))

The Blade Ship Silver, Companion to Inquiry, Present Day

*K'Warra K'laar, gargoyle, sits cross legged on a metal floor - with markings in a complex gridlike pattern etched in it - inside a square formed by four posts. The area between the four posts shimmers a bit. Besides that, no restraints are visible. The elf Slythe, the gargoyle Rwos, and a few other Blades are sitting outside the square*

K'Warra: Not that I'm ungrateful... or that I'm not flattered you chose your nicest cage to hold me... but as I've told you, this is pointless. I made a bargain. When Sejhan needs me to fulfill it, he can snap his fingers and summon me. Keeping me in custody only delays the inevitable.

Slythe: In case you didn't notice, you aren't a mind-controlled zombie anymore. I'd say whatever power Sejhan has over you is permanently broken... as long as you're safely behind bars. Dimensionally speaking, of course.

K'Warra: There are older and more powerful laws in play here than you understand. Sejhan got physical control over me because of a loophole in our bargain. By the way, that was very clever of you, using the dying burst of the... Sleeper, did you call it? to disrupt the enchantment.

Slythe: Why thank you.

K'Warra: A mage with an understanding of his art as well as yours should know how pointless keeping me here is.

Slythe: Au contraire, my dear gargoyle. Keeping you here stops your demon friend from controlling you until he decides to summon you to perform the one task that you agreed on, the one task that will fulfill your bargain. If I released you, you'd get to be his zombie until he gets around to throwing you at that final task.

K'Warra: Only if he was close enough to me to allow physical contact, and I had no protective spells up, and I was asleep. Now that I know the risk, I'm hardly likely to take that chance. I'm familiar with these old bargain laws and how to deal with them...

Slythe: You certainly did an exception job dealing with this one so far! This Sejhan can pass through solid matter as if it was air, travel by portal and has a hundred-thousand-year-old mercenary at his beck and call. You'll understand why we prefer this level of precaution to trusting that you won't make yet another mistake.

*Slythe turns to Rwos*

Slythe: You're going to need to tell your friends the Aesir what we've learned. You know, I really wish you would be more clear on...

Rwos: I told you, I made a promise not to discuss certain things they told me.

Slythe: If you insist. Contact the Aesir, and hurry up about it. We're going to need you on our next piece of business...

((I'll try and post as much as I can, thats all I can promise right now))

Coruscant: Jedi Temple: Council chambers

*Godwyn listened to everything Riebe said with interest. He then pressed entered a few commands upon a wrist control*

-----------------

*Outside the council chambers a silver protocol droid approaches Riebe*

J5: Jedi Riebe, Master Godwyn would like to speak with you as soon as this session is over. He believes you can be of great help in his mission.

-----------------------------

Elysium: Blackwald

*It is the middle of autumn, Skadi and Gerd left the capital three days ago to go camping in Blackwald a large mountainous forest. Currently Gerd was at a nearby watching a small deer like creature drinking.*

Riebe nodded. "Of course I will speak with him."

"Getting back into the swing of things, eh?" Nom asked her. Riebe turned to look at him.

"What do you mean?" she demanded.

"Well, you've told us a little of your story," he said. "Enough that we know you've helped the Jedi before. Sounds like you're pretty interested in helping again."

"Perhaps," Riebe said thoughtfully. "Or perhaps I simply need something to take my mind off myself."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Tarila laughed.

"To put it very simply, I've had a very long life," Riebe said, "and there are things in my life I'm not proud of. There are also things I wish to forget, things I can never forget. It helps to take the mind off them, even for a little while. Something to do helps with that... not so much of this sitting around and doing nothing."

Jedi Council Tower.

*Outside.*

*The same protocol droid now turns to Deac.*

J5: Master Starkiller, if you would be patient the Council will see you shortly.

*Kal arrives.*

Kal: Master Deac, do you know why we've been summoned?

((Will post inside the Council later.))

Jedi Council Tower

*Lobby.*

Kal: They just told me to contact you and tell you it was urgant.

*Council Chamber.*

Luke: It is time we addressed the buisness which has brought us together. We have all felt the great disturbance in the Force, the dark side is moving. Now Master Flax believes he has a way to counter the threat before it manifests. Taklin?

Flax: During the recent battle the Temple suffered some minor damage. As you know the foundations of the Temple were built on a great vergance in the Force and many of the lower levels were never interfered with. During the clean up following the battle we found something.

*Flax produces an ancient holocron. He steps foward and places it in the centre of the room, then returns to his seat.

The Holocron activates, displaying a dark skinned human with green eyes and thinning hair.*

Dorac: Greating, Jedi, I am Master Dorac, gatekeeper of this holocron.

Flax: Please, Master Dorac, explain to the Council about the Light Ray project.

Dorac: The Light Ray project is intended to allow the Jedi to gain a tactical advantage over the Sith Lord Darth Revan. 1,000 Jedi have agreed to be placed in suspened animation and will be reawakened once the world on which they are hidden has been conquered by the Sith.

Flax: Master, please give us a moment.

Dorac: Certainly. *The Hologram deactivates.*

Flax: This Holocron was last updated during what has come to be known as the Jedi Civil War, nearly four thousand years ago. After I stumbled upon this information I began searching the Galactic archives. I have found several references to the Light Ray Project at planning and inception phases and numerous corrupted entries that seem to refer to the same operation but no references to the activation phase.

As far as I can gather the Jedi were placed in suspened animation and never awakened.

*Flax pauses to allow this to sink in.*

*The Anteares exited hyperspace over the bustling planet of Coruscant. It lumbered its way into a low orbit and several shuttles and fighter squadrons left the hanger bay.

At the head of the pack was a crimson XJ3-Wing, the latest model in the X-wing series. In the small cockpit sat the same Calamarian from the bridge.*

Scythe Leader: Scythe Leader to Coruscant ground control, requesting docking permission for several squadrons and transports from the battleship Anteares. Clearence code and identification are being sent now.

Comm Officer: Request accepted, please proceed to Naval docking bay 13A.

Scythe Leader: Understood.

*The powerful Coruscant shields opened for a brief moment and the ships moved in. The ships slowed down as they neared docking bay 13A and quietly sat down on the sterile durasteel. From the transports and fighters spilled many men, all looking to make the best of their short time on Coruscant.*

Admiral Syno: Don't you just love Coruscant, smell that Air!

Scythe Leader: It makes me gag. I hate the city.

*The Admiral chuckled and slapped the Calamarian on the back*

Admiral Syno: You'll grow to love it. Besides you better make the best of your time here. We only have about a week before we take control of the 3rd Fleet and head back to the outherim."

*A comlink bleeps and the Calamarian fumbles for it.*

Comlink: Please report to the Jedi Temple as soon as possible.

Scythe Leader: Looks like your going to have to go drink by yourself captain.

Admiral Syno: Ha! You think your so special don't you. Oh well, all the more for me!

*The two walked off in different directions.*

Coruscant: Orbit

*As Admiral Syno's craft enters Corucant, Irvine's shuttle speeds past in the opposite direction.*

Coruscant: docking bay

*As the two New Republic officers begin walking out of the hanger, they can see several 'shaken' individuals. Some murmering about their 'close encounter' with death. And their exagerated encounter with the Dark Lord of the Sith 'Cracken', moments ago.*

Above the planet, Thyferra

*Kioet is awaken from his nap by a repetitive beeping tone, the probe droid has found the shuttle, and begins transmitting live data to a holomonitor in the missile boat's cockpit*

Kioet: Aren, are you watching this?

*The probe hovers around the crashed shuttle, covered in moss and ferns, but barely visible is the cockpit and about a hundred meters away, the cargo hold. The probe droid reported no life onboard, however there is a dead body, the probe droid matched its dna and profile to a Moff Kohl Seerdon*

Kioet: Guess I better get a closer look...

*Kioet punches in the coordinates listed on the holodisplay, then straps himself in and activates the cloaking device, and begins his descent to the crash site*

Council Chamber

Alyssa stared out the window, her mind completely blown away at the fact that, somewhere, there were 1000 Jedi just laying around with no knowledge of how much time had passed.

"Revan?" she whispered. Then, she looked up. "If I'm not mistaken, Revan lived nearly 4000 years ago. And these Jedi have not yet been awakened, you say?"

Her eyes widened slightly, but she said nothing more.

Thyferra

Aren: *over comm* We're in luck, no one scavenged the ship. Try not to damage the body anymore than it already is, though... Saurat might like you better if you return it fairly intact. Watch out for the indigenous life forms... not that they're exactly a danger to you.

----------

Coruscant Space, Irvine's Shuttle

*The elf woman crouches in the cargo hold, situating herself between cargo bales, close to an easy path to the cockpit at a moment's notice*

----------

Blade Ship Inquiry

*Rwos places a message to the Aesir through his comlink*

Rwos: I've come into possession of some information you might want to hear about. There's an investigation going on here that involves what we discussed regarding the Blood Scrolls some time ago. Please contact me as soon as you can.

Coruscant: Jedi Temple

Godwyn: You bring us a very interesting problem Master Flax. Putting aside all the possible ways for these Jedi to have been killed over the thousands of years of hibernation. Lets assume that they are still alive in hibernation and we are able to find them.

What will happen when we wake them? Consider this, the hibernation for such a prolonged period well passed what was planed could damage them mentally. There are other issues as well, they were abandoned essentially who will they deal with that? It is forseeable some, maybe all could hate the order for doing this to them and instead of joining us they want to destroy us.

Even putting that aside, thousands of years have passed. It will take a while for them to be acclimated to society. This is a dangerous path, I think necessary but still very dangerous.

-----------------------------------

Gladsheim station: Com center

Valkyrie to Rwos: Do you wish to speak in person or just send the data?

Blade Ship Inquiry

Rwos: *on comm* In person would be preferable, with Odin himself would be ideal. We have contained the gargoyle K'Warra here. He is temporarily out from under control of the shifter demon Sejhan, who you might recall stole some of my memories some time ago. He has information that you should probably hear. Regarding the girl... and the Scrolls... you know of whom I speak. I have convinced my companions to offer you the opportunity to interrogate him.

Archived